/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fast for world peace on Friday, October 22, 2010! AN OUTCRY FOR UMMAH!

Zenya_Yousif
10-16-2010, 03:19 AM
Alhumdullilah its Muslim Awareness Week! so everyone please i beq u fast this cominq Friday for World Peace && for all our brothers && sisters sufferinq in the middle east. People getting killed, women getting rape && Shot its been so horrible please they are in need more than ever! our own brothers and sisters getting raped, tortured dying not only in the middle east but the suffering is going worldwide. Lets take a moment put aside our problems and pray for all our companions, im qoinq around promotinq this idea, so please for Allah subhana wata-ala for our companions in need fast this Friday (October 22,2010)! let me know if u join in please! spread the word tell all your muslim people, family, friends, etc etc.!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
almahdali
10-17-2010, 07:56 AM
salaam,

Can we begin fasting on Friday? It's a holy day and also a weekly celebration day. i won't mind fasting if we can perform it or any other act of worship to please God according to sunna and shar3iyya, peace :)

'Abd-al Latif
10-17-2010, 08:44 AM
:salamext:

It is not allowed to single out fasting on a Friday.

The Prophet (:saws1:) said, "None of you should fast on a Friday unless he fasts the day before or the day after." (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1849, Muslim, 1929).

The Prophet (:saws1:) entered upon Juwayriyah bint al-Haarith (r) on a Friday when she was fasting. He asked her, "Did you fast yesterday?" She said, "No." He asked, "Are you going to fast tomorrow?" She said, "No." He said, "Then break your fast.".

Hammaad ibn al-Ja’d said, "I heard Qutadah say, Abu Ayyoob told me that Juwayriyah spoke to him and he told her to stop her fast and she did so." (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, al-Sawm, 1850).

Secondly, for the Muslims to gain the upper hand we must worship Allah at all times not have one off days of worship.

Asiyah3
10-17-2010, 09:47 AM
:sl:
I won't fast as it's Friday.

However, is it allowed fast for such purposes on other days? Aren't we supposed to fast for the sake of Allah swt only, not for political reasons?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!