/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim says FBI put tracker on his car

S.Belle
10-16-2010, 09:53 PM

SANTA CLARA, Calif., Oct. 11 (UPI) -- The FBI gave no explanation for putting a GPS tracker on a California Muslim's car but asked for it back, he said.
Yasir Afifi, 20, of Santa Clara told the San Jose Mercury News he found the tracker on his car Oct. 3. He said the FBI later came calling and asked him to return the device.
Afifi said he has done nothing wrong and the FBI has no reason to watch him.
Afifi said when he took his car in for an oil change he saw "a wire hanging out." Then he noticed "a black, glimmering device."
The mechanic ripped it out. Afifi left with the device.
On Tuesday, a roommate told him, "There are two suspicious people standing right by your car," Afifi said.
One of them showed him his FBI badge, and asked if he knew why the officers were there.
Afifi said he replied, "Yes."
He said the agent then said: "All right, where's the device you found under your hood?"
Then, Afifi said, "He goes, 'Yeah, we put it there.' "

Afifi was targeted because of his extensive ties to the Middle East, which include supporting two brothers who live in Egypt and making frequent overseas trips. His father was a well-known Islamic-American community leader who died last year in Egypt.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
10-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Please provide a source when posting articles in this section.

S.Belle
10-17-2010, 08:18 PM
^ cant find the original site were I read this but here is a link about the same story with more info

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/10/s...ng-device-fbi/

Neelofar
10-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Well, i know i'd have been baffled if that had happened to me, seems like he was jus a victim of stereotyping?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!