/* */

PDA

View Full Version : if u got 1 million dollar !!!!!!

tigerkhan
10-17-2010, 01:38 PM
:sl:
i am doing job... i see the most of ppl in job are just dying for increments and its seems that their only and only purpose of life is to make more and more money...... but it true money itself is not the goal but ppl want to do something else with this money...they have dreams so they need money to make their dreams a reality....

let suppose if all of us got 1 million dollar.....!!!!!!!
what will be ur priorities....

for me, if i got 1 million dollar....
1. first i do marriage but with no traditions but 100% sunah and saadgi.....lol
2. then a small home....
3.i have dream to make a trust hospital for suffering humanity esp women....

i hope u will enjoy to share,,,,,
JazakAllah O Khair....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
10-17-2010, 02:45 PM
:wa:

1. Found a company to make the money grow
2. Buy a spacious house
3. Visit Makkah, Madinah and Al-Quds
4. Travelling

aadil77
10-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Give half to charity, spend the rest on paying off debts, getting a nice car and getting married :shade:

S.Belle
10-17-2010, 04:58 PM
give 1/2 to my parents
move to medinah
start a charity to help our bros/sis'
save the rest for a rainy day/emergencies

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd Al-Maajid
10-17-2010, 05:50 PM
If I get a million dollar I will marry and spend my life with my family until all the money is exhausted. :D

Muhaba
10-17-2010, 06:04 PM
it's unlikely that i'd get that much money. Also, one never knows what they will be like if they do. I mean, it's possible i become very greedy and wonder how i can possibly get my hands on everyone else's million $. LOL

tango92
10-17-2010, 06:48 PM
think think think........ think some more

its like that story of the guy who was given all his lifes wealth in one go. he gave most of it to charity so Allah swt kept increasing it.

Tilmeez
10-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Can't think any other thing except one:

I will go for Hajj / Umrah with my mother....

I think once you get 1M it will give you a hundred places to spend it. I may also get some wise / beneficial ideas afterwards but not now.

Yanal
10-17-2010, 07:55 PM

Alot of beneficial things,insha'Allaah.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-17-2010, 08:52 PM
^Agreed upon. . . . . . . . .

Insha`Allaah

marwen
10-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Probably, a few seconds after taking a 1 million dollar check, I'll have a heart attack and die of happiness.

Nah, I'm just kidding. I'll do like all the bros and sis above : help family and poor muslims, and keep a small amount just to not be in need of people's help.

money is nothing. I'm serious.

Alpha Dude
10-17-2010, 09:21 PM
its seems that their only and only purpose of life is to make more and more money......
This kind of approach to life only arises because people don't realise (or refuse to pay attention to) the transient nature of our existence and the true worthlessness of material wealth of this dunya in comparison to the treasures of paradise.

Contentment is the real 'wealth' which if one has, he is always happy.

Neelofar
10-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Give half to charity
Get married and go for Hajj with my husband
Give some to my parents
Save the rest for my brother and sister
:D

Alpha Dude
10-17-2010, 09:27 PM
:sl: What are your thoughts when you see things like this?

I think the person who commissioned it is simply trying to have his paradise in this world. Living in as much luxury as possible and trying to show off I guess. Selfish thing to do when millions upon millions can't find food.

I hope if I become rich inshaAllah, that I would be able to help the poor with a vast amount of the money.

It is also my belief that spending loads and loads going on nafil umrahs and hajjs would bring little reward when that money could have gone toward saving a poor person from hunger/death.

Cabdullahi
10-17-2010, 09:33 PM
1.Chapati
2.Chapati
3.Chapati
4.charity

S.Belle
10-17-2010, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Chapati

??? what's Chapati

tango92
10-17-2010, 09:45 PM
1.Chapati
2.Chapati
3.Chapati
4.charity
lol ;D what :hmm:

Cabdullahi
10-17-2010, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
lol ;D what :hmm:
I'm going to buy a tower made out of chapati...either that or a chapati factory!

tango92
10-17-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm going to buy a tower made out of chapati...either that or a chapati factory!
dude you wanna get fat or get hench?

marwen
10-17-2010, 09:55 PM
I think a chapati factory is a better idea. A tower made of chapati is not really practical, coz all this chapati will be rotten before you can eat it. :p

Muhaba
10-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Give half to charity
Get married and go for Hajj with my husband
Give some to my parents
Save the rest for my brother and sister
What about your children? don't you want to save some for them?

format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
:sl: What are your thoughts when you see things like this?
I think it is a huge waste of money. personally i don't like diamonds and expensive gems because they are so costly. why spend that much on just a stone? what does one get by wearing them?

I think the person who commissioned it is simply trying to have his paradise in this world. Living in as much luxury as possible and trying to show off I guess. Selfish thing to do when millions upon millions can't find food.

I hope if I become rich inshaAllah, that I would be able to help the poor with a vast amount of the money.

It is also my belief that spending loads and loads going on nafil umrahs and hajjs would bring little reward when that money could have gone toward saving a poor person from hunger/death.
that is true. I feel the same way.

Insecured soul
10-18-2010, 02:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
let suppose if all of us got 1 million dollar.
u give me and il tell u what il do with it :p

Woodrow
10-18-2010, 03:55 AM

Very few things in life could cause me greater sorrow. May my sins in life never be so great that Allaah(swt) would punish me with unearned wealth.

I would much prefer to find a way to live on a smaller income. I feel anything beyond my needs would destroy my ability to find joy in what I now have. If I am ever punished by sudden wealth I hope I find a worthwhile person or charity to give it to, before I spend even one penny of it.

Life_Is_Short
10-18-2010, 07:47 AM
Depends where it comes from. =/

sister herb
10-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Salam alaykum;

I many times hope I would have a million... then I could help more my friends in Gaza. When I hear about they problems in cause of bad economy situation because of siege, I feel sadness because of my poor salary (no it is not one million at month) that I can help just a little. imsad

Ramadhan
10-19-2010, 03:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I would much prefer to find a way to live on a smaller income. I feel anything beyond my needs would destroy my ability to find joy in what I now have. If I am ever punished by sudden wealth I hope I find a worthwhile person or charity to give it to, before I spend even one penny of it.

I agree.
I once received very large amount of money from (inheritance) insurance and the money actually led me away from Allah SWT and into the path to hell. It's not an exaggeration, in any case it's an understatement.
Alhamdulillah it is all in the past now.

sirajstc
10-20-2010, 06:19 AM
Alhamdulillllah Take 6 shops and i am going to rent it...then Insha allah Getting married nice wife deen wife ..:D::D and going to build Home...and going to take Car...and helping needy .....Spending to deen..:)

Muhaba
10-20-2010, 02:35 PM
I see that lots of people put marriage among the things they would do if they got a million dollars. But why do you need so much money to get married? Has marriage become that expensive? In the past people got married even if they didn't have much money. & some people still do that. I have heard that in tajikistan, the women either don't ask for any mahr or if they do, then it's very little, like even just a pair of gold earrings, which just about anyone can afford. This ensures that everyone can get married and makes a healthy society. on the other hand, in those cultures where people ask for very high mahrs, few people are able to get married and many put off marriage till late in their lives. In such places, high mahrs have become a thing of honor and those women who don't ask for it are looked down at, as if they have no value. Although mahr is regarded by some women as a security against divorce and uncertainties, etc, but lack of money shouldn't be a hindrance to marriage. How did high mahrs get associated with respect and honor? Like stated in a hadith posted by someone, people should get married for their piety and righteousness and not for wealth, as Allah says in the Quraan in Surah Al-Nur:

Marry those among you who are single, and the virtuous ones among your slaves, male and female. If they are in poverty, Allah will give them means out of His Grace, for Allah is ample-giving, and He knows all things. (24:32)

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-20-2010, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
I see that lots of people put marriage among the things they would do if they got a million dollars. But why do you need so much money to get married?
That's the benchmark to measure if a person is stable to get married or not. [according to some ignorant people] :( I am not so stable so I wish I could get a million dollar. :p

I have heard that in tajikistan, the women either don't ask for any mahr or if they do, then it's very little, like even just a pair of gold earrings, which just about anyone can afford. This ensures that everyone can get married and makes a healthy society.
What are the requirements set by the government of Tajikistan for 'A potential immigrant '? :p

Marry those among you who are single, and the virtuous ones among your slaves, male and female. If they are in poverty, Allah will give them means out of His Grace, for Allah is ample-giving, and He knows all things. (24:32)
Subhan Allah!

Muhaba
10-20-2010, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
What are the requirements set by the government of Tajikistan for 'A potential immigrant '? :p

Subhan Allah!
LOL . You could try looking for tajikistani sisters. you don't have to move there to find them. Maybe look for a tajikistani muslim organization or something?

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-20-2010, 02:56 PM
LOL . You could try looking for tajikistani sisters. you don't have to move there to find them. Maybe look for a tajikistani muslim organization or something?
A quick Google search rendered some beautiful Tajikistani Muslim girls.:embarrass Following that search I thought of moving there :p

Muhaba
10-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Well if you're serious about marrying a tajikistani, then i think it won't be very difficult to move there since i think lots of countries will give you residence visa when you get married. However, contact the tajikistani embassy for more information.

cuezed
10-20-2010, 05:21 PM
1. give some to charity
2. invest/begin a business for money to grow
3. move back home and chill

'Abd-al Latif
10-20-2010, 05:40 PM
:salamext:

The pursuit of happiness and contentment is one that is independent of the pursuit of wealth. Wealth itself does not come with happiness and contentment. For indeed if that were true, then Qaroon [28:76-81] would have been the most successful of people in this regard. Yet Allah caused the earth to open up, swallowing both him and his possessions. [Shaykh Muhammad Al-Mukhtaar Al-Shinqitee]

What, instead, would you do to seek knowledge of Islam, a more realistic and beneficial approach in the affairs of life.

Beardo
10-20-2010, 06:23 PM
^ Leave it to brother Abd al Latif to create an awkward moment. Actually, when I saw he was the last poster on this thread, I was 95% sure this thread was closed. I'm surprised to see that I was wrong.

Only teasing. :P

But I agree. You know, in truth, you're all pumped up in the process of earnign the $1 million that once you have it... It not only leaves you faster than you can imagine, but you feel restless and bored. You'll only want another million.

And when you have plenty of something, you devalue it. Like running water. When I went to Australia for 9 months, the toilet bowl had less water in it. The faucet would only run at a certain speed, so not too much falls out at one time due to their water problem.

Whereas in the US where I live, we use water as if it were.. Well, water! We say things like "Girl, you're spending money as if it were water!" because we know water is so devalued. We take it for granted, yet those in Pakistan that are in the flood, don't have access to clean water.

Widowed Men in Sri Lanka are resortign to breastfeeding their own children because if they buy the formula for milk in the market, they know the water is unclean and unsafe for the child to drink.

'Abd-al Latif
10-20-2010, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
^ Leave it to brother Abd al Latif to create an awkward moment. Actually, when I saw he was the last poster on this thread, I was 95% sure this thread was closed. I'm surprised to see that I was wrong.
I resent that!

:threadclo

No wait..

Not yet..

See, I can be different!

serena77
10-20-2010, 09:04 PM
If i won a million dollars ( we are talking USD? ) .... I'd like to spend a couple of years ( at least ) in both pak and syria... pakistan because i have made a few friends online there and syria, well I read a book called on the bread of angels.... a girl won the fullbright and spent a year there. Oh wow... it was a wonderful book... to the point of being a wonderful experience reading it. After that, pay off the student loans i have, finish my degree, make sure my parents were at least well taken care of even if i wasn't around and then having a house in either syria or pak. and another in Ireland

There would be others amounts given to charity and an amount given to the university i attended. yes, i think i could do all o that in a million.. w/ some to spare for investments. :)

Serena

Asiyah3
10-21-2010, 10:09 AM
I see that lots of people put marriage among the things they would do if they got a million dollars. But why do you need so much money to get married? Has marriage become that expensive? In the past people got married even if they didn't have much money. & some people still do that. I have heard that in tajikistan, the women either don't ask for any mahr or if they do, then it's very little, like even just a pair of gold earrings, which just about anyone can afford. This ensures that everyone can get married and makes a healthy society. on the other hand, in those cultures where people ask for very high mahrs, few people are able to get married and many put off marriage till late in their lives. In such places, high mahrs have become a thing of honor and those women who don't ask for it are looked down at, as if they have no value. Although mahr is regarded by some women as a security against divorce and uncertainties, etc, but lack of money shouldn't be a hindrance to marriage. How did high mahrs get associated with respect and honor? Like stated in a hadith posted by someone, people should get married for their piety and righteousness and not for wealth, as Allah says in the Quraan in Surah Al-Nur:

Personally, I don't care about the amount of mahr, but a good education and job I would or may consider.

S_87
10-21-2010, 12:56 PM
would i have got the million through my own hard earned work or from doing nothing?

tigerkhan
11-05-2010, 02:13 AM
sorry for late reply....i forgot to reply that y i made this thread...actually i heard that in islam....there are 2 person...one has money and he spent in charity and helping others...but the other dont have money but he still have stong intention that if he had he will us it in good deeds....its said both are same and got same reward and agra....Subhallah ALLAH SWt is how much karim....
on the other hand, if someone have money and he use it in bad deeds....and there is one who dont have that much money but he has intention that if i had i will also do that wrong and sins....they both are same......................so plz do make ur intention good and sstrength ur emaan..... surely those who have good intentin they will be rewarded for that bcz ALLAH swt whats in our heart and in our mind, very well.

_PakistaN_
11-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Lets see.....

- spend $400 thousand on a nice business to make the money grow
- spend $200 thousand on an apartment
- get two nice cars worth of around $70 thousand
- give $100 thousand on charity
-give $230 thousand to parents

glo
11-06-2010, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Very few things in life could cause me greater sorrow. May my sins in life never be so great that Allaah(swt) would punish me with unearned wealth.

There's so much wisdom in that - but that should be expected from our forum granddad! :D

I cannot imagine what possibly to do with such a vast amount of money ...

I have a house which meets the need of my family.
I have a small car which takes me places.
I have pretty much all the material goods I need.

I would like to provide for my parents in their old age - especially for my stepfather with his ongoing health problems.
I would like to put money aside for the education and future provision for my children.

Apart from that I am quite happy as I am. My happiness largely comes from things which money cannot buy ...

I think I would be quite content to give most away to a charitable cause or to start a charity myself.

GuestFellow
11-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Salaam,

I'm not sure what to do with 1 million dollars. I'll wait until Britain runs into hyperinflation. XD

M.I.A.
11-07-2010, 03:36 PM
buy a fast car for me,
buy a nice house for my family
and give the rest away.

...carry on working :omg:

Muhaba
11-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Well, i doubt anyone's going to get a million dollars, but what would everyone do if they got a good salary, say $10,000 when your monthly expenses are about $3000. what would you do with the extra money?

S.Belle
11-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Well, i doubt anyone's going to get a million dollars, but what would everyone do if they got a good salary, say $10,000 when your monthly expenses are about $3000. what would you do with the extra money

save up for hajj
give some to family
invest in something

~ Sabr ~
05-15-2012, 06:49 AM

Hajj
Stable funds for future
Charity

'Abd Al-Maajid
05-15-2012, 06:53 AM
My preferences havent changed, if I get $ 1m i'd get married, and keep 4 wives. :p

M.I.A.
05-15-2012, 01:52 PM
id spend a couple hundred grand on some very fast cars.

give the rest to my parents.

im notoriously bad with money lol

also one wife has been enough for me.. not so good with women.

not so lucky with cars either.

IslamicRevival
05-15-2012, 02:48 PM
I'd either bin it or donate it to charity. Life is difficult as it is, add that sort of money into the mix and it'll only lead to a path of total destruction

Abz2000
05-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Buy a house cash,
A decent "riding beast"
And open a huge office with loads of employees and prayer facilities and advertise free services for believers who are in bad situations, including debt, injustice complaints, arbitration, jurisprudence, and legal services.

Aprender
05-15-2012, 05:27 PM
I'd probably see about opening up some Islamic schools. Especially for girls and women. There aren't many around here and it's unfortunate that Muslim parents have to send their children to Catholic schools or the public facilities which often times aren't very good academically. Children also pick up some not so great behavioral habits which can cause further problems in the home. Investing in the youth of the Ummah is important as they are the future Muslims of the world...

Beyond that, I'd like to see about getting some type of organization going to educate Muslims about riba in the West as it too is a problem.

Futuwwa
05-15-2012, 05:35 PM
I'd start a waqf, and appoint myself chief director of it. I'd buy stocks for the money, and make it grow. I'd have an operating target of slowly increasing the total value of it to slightly outpace inflation. Any profit beyond that would be available for distribution for various Islamic community projects. I'd receive and review applications and determine how to use it to benefit the local ummah in the most cost-effective way possible.

Muhaba
05-15-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure what i'd do. it's a lot of money, 1 million.

i think it would be wise to divide it. use a percentage to buy things i need. save another portion for later use. invest another portion and use the proceeds to help others. and a fourth portion to be used for charitable causes or to lend to people in need, etc.
insha-Allah.

but where would i get that money?

Haya emaan
05-15-2012, 07:05 PM
this is some thing seems impossible but can be possible if Allah(SWT) wants it to be..:p

if...if...if...this comes true, what i m going to do with it, is a long long list that would only end when my $ will end.
that's human nature more he gets, his needs and desires increases and he finds more and more ways where he can spend

now to mention the things what i m going to do with these $, there are some things i think should be kept between you and Allah(SWT) only or it will come in Riya.. we all try to make our intentions pure but we don't know when little pride enters our heart or some praise may ruin the purity of our niyaah and we loose the reward of it...

well beside such things a wish i have that can be fulfilled if i get lots of money is to travel around the world, city to city and country to country, explore as many places as i can, specially the lands that belongs to sparkling history of Muslims and i would start it with Spain, turkey and so on..

M.I.A.
05-15-2012, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Buy a house cash,
A decent "riding beast"
And open a huge office with loads of employees and prayer facilities and advertise free services for believers who are in bad situations, including debt, injustice complaints, arbitration, jurisprudence, and legal services.
sounds like a friend of mine from high school,

lawyer with a lambo..

stay in school kids.

GuestFellow
05-15-2012, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
I'd either bin it or donate it to charity. Life is difficult as it is, add that sort of money into the mix and it'll only lead to a path of total destruction
Salaam,

Vision is so awesome.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-15-2012, 08:22 PM
If i got 1 million dollars i will go for Hajj then afterwards meat with King Abdullah and buy his scimitar and thats it. If anyone knows how to appreciate a good blade its me and i would do anything to obtain that beautiful scimitar. Made of Damascus steel no doubt and its folded i can tell. Call me cheap but thats all i would know how to spend money on.

Attachment 4816 Im coming for that sword majesty Abdullah ;D. My obsession will be my reality (doubtfully).

~ Sabr ~
05-16-2012, 08:30 AM
I finally know what a Scimitar is. I thought it was a made up word. :hiding:

diarfitri88
05-16-2012, 08:58 AM
If I got a million bucks...

Definitely donate to charity... and I would like to travel the world and meet Yusuf Estes :happy:

Probably build a mosque and a school too

aadil77
05-16-2012, 08:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
I thought it was a turkish name

BadOlPuttyTat
05-16-2012, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
Its an infamous sword that is made by countries from Arabia all the way to India and every country in between them. Its a fine blade perfect for beheading kafirs :haha: or scaring your sister out your room. But most importantly its works good when you want to cut long hairs :p.

ژاله
05-16-2012, 05:15 PM
If I get IM $, I would probably lose it all because of my mismanagement.

Endymion
05-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Did i said this before i'll buy a house in front of Masjid Al Haram and spend all my life over there Inshallah :statisfie And yeah,a house in Madinah as well :statisfie

SyrianFellow
06-21-2012, 03:46 AM
Lol, the average home price in my neighbourhood is 1.4million and that's for an old house. A nice, decent one is 2.5million.. :exhausted. 1 million would pay for a 2 bedroom apartment with view, hurray! :D

SyrianFellow
06-21-2012, 03:48 AM
Oops double post. sorry!

ardianto
06-21-2012, 05:44 AM
If my Islamic teacher asks me "if you got 1 million dollar, what would you do?", I would answer "go hajj and give sadaqah to poor people".

If my wife asks me "if you got 1 million dollar, what would you do?", I would answer "buy a new house for us".

If my friend asks me "if you got 1 million dollar, what would you do?", I would answer "buy BMW and Harley Davidson"

If you ask me "why you give three different answers to them", I would answer "because that just IF. With IF I can imagine anything that I want"

Al-Mufarridun
06-21-2012, 06:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
Probably, a few seconds after taking a 1 million dollar check, I'll have a heart attack and die of happiness.

Nah, I'm just kidding. I'll do like all the bros and sis above : help family and poor muslims, and keep a small amount just to not be in need of people's help.

money is nothing. I'm serious.

a short funny story i once heard.

a very very poor man once won a very large sum of money, into the hundreds of millions.
when those giving away the price found out who won, they decided perhaps it would be better
if they hired a psychologist to tell him in a safe matter that he has won such a huge sum of money.
so the doctor went out and after he found the man started by asking him;
"What would you do if you won hundreds of millions of dollars?"
the poor man started laughing and said don't be silly, that is unrealistic. the psychologist insisted.
so the poor man finally said, "If I win that amount of money, first thing i would do is; that i would
give half of everything i won to the first person that brings me the news
!"
guess you can imagine what happened to the doc. :D

Pure Purple
06-21-2012, 01:53 PM
I will not feel any pleasure getting money without any hardship and I am not too ambitious to have more money...
But If I will get
I will do countless umrah ,Hajj.

Snowflake
06-21-2012, 02:21 PM
1. Buy a big house for my mum, so we can stay with her now and then. Some gold bangles for her and a little car so I'm not housebound as much.
2. Help poorer relatives
3. Help friends pay off their debts
4. sponsor orphans/widows/charity
5. buy as much land as possible and implement shariah in it
6. build mosques, water wells, horse riding and archery clubs
7. take all my relatives and friends to perform hajj together
8. move to madinah and live happily ever after :)

Eric H
06-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Greetings and peace be with you all,

Hopefully I would give the whole lot away to a poor community; where Christians and Muslims are living in conflict with each other.

I would give half the money to the Christians in that community; on condition that they spent the whole lot helping their Muslim neighbours in their community.

I would give the other half to the Muslim community; on condition that they spent the whole lot helping their Christian neighbours.

In the spirit of striiving towards a greater interfaith tolerance and understanding,

Eric

Qurratul Ayn
06-21-2012, 10:04 PM
^ Not a bad idea. A good gesture

I would:
* pay off debt
* give some to my parents (both sides)
* invest in property and shares
* do Hajj with my immediate family
* provide food, shelter and basic necessities to developing areas of countries in Asia, Africa, South America and fly out there every month and oversee it myself, set it up and hire trustworthy, honest, decent people to oversee the whole procedures.

Insha'Allaah, may all our wishes, hopes, desires be granted and that we may all use our gains for the right reasons

'Abd-al Latif
06-21-2012, 10:25 PM

A million dollars won't cleanse your heart of sin and vice, anybody ever think of that? The best and most valued things are those that money can't buy.

The Messenger :saws1: said: "two hungry wolves let loose among sheep are not more harmful than a person craving after wealth..." (nasaa'i and Ahmed)

Qurratul Ayn
06-21-2012, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif

A million dollars won't cleanse your heart of sin and vice, anybody ever think of that? The best and most valued things are those that money can't buy.

The Messenger :saws1: said: "two hungry wolves let loose among sheep are not more harmful than a person craving after wealth..." (nasaa'i and Ahmed)
:wasalamex

Yep, yep, yep. Agreed, 100%.

Hmmm...^o)

Yep, thought about it and still am and will do in the future.

And actually, the money I earn now should be sufficient enough for me to work towards my goals. It will be possible if I budget and start the plans now, and make Du'a to Allaah, and in time, I will have my hopes fulfilled as they always are. Praise be to the Almighty.

Jazak'Allah Khair for that, Brother 'Abd-al Latif. Glad to be back on Earth

Snowflake
06-21-2012, 10:49 PM

Unless you spend it in the way of Allah :)

'Abd-al Latif
06-21-2012, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

Unless you spend it in the way of Allah :)
The best charity is that which is concealed. Sufyaan at-thawry (r) wouldn't consider any of his deeds done in the open of any worth or value. Not to mention open charity can have an element of showing off :).

Scimitar
06-21-2012, 11:51 PM
If I got 1 million dollar...

First thing me think me do be give two rakah salah and pray to Allah to protect me from the fitna that this very large amount of money could bring in my life...

...and then I'd take a nice holiday to escape from the stress :D

Sorry, couldn't help it. ;D

Scimi

Snowflake
06-22-2012, 01:14 AM
The best charity is that which is concealed. Sufyaan at-thawry (r) wouldn't consider any of his deeds done in the open of any worth or value. Not to mention open charity can have an element of showing off :).
Masha Allah, absolutely true brother. That can be arranged insha Allah. The hard part is getting the 1 million lol.

'Abd-al Latif
06-22-2012, 09:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

Masha Allah, absolutely true brother. That can be arranged insha Allah. The hard part is getting the 1 million lol.
You can get more reward from the intention than sometimes the act itself. If this is your genuine and sincere intent but you have no means to do it, Allah will still reward you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!