Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S.Belle
10-19-2010, 08:31 PM
lol
this made my day...its somewhat therapeutic :hiding:
i love how the United States is the number 1 bush-shoe throwing country

Darth Ultor
10-19-2010, 09:36 PM
What is the guy saying though? Don't speak Arabic.

S.Belle
10-19-2010, 09:40 PM
^ I dont speak arabic either so I have no clue

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Strzelecki
10-20-2010, 04:50 AM
This is awesome.

My record is 13.

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-20-2010, 02:33 PM
My highest score is 11. That rascal dodges too much...:hmm:

Amoeba
10-21-2010, 08:24 AM
Sura # 49:

"11. O you who have believed, let not a people ridicule [another] people; perhaps they may be better than them; nor let women ridicule [other] women; perhaps they may be better than them. And do not insult one another and do not call each other by [offensive] nicknames. Wretched is the name [i.e., mention] of disobedience after [one's] faith. And whoever does not repent - then it is those who are the wrongdoers."

Doesn't this also count?

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-21-2010, 08:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amoeba
Sura # 49:

"11. O you who have believed, let not a people ridicule [another] people; perhaps they may be better than them; nor let women ridicule [other] women; perhaps they may be better than them. And do not insult one another and do not call each other by [offensive] nicknames. Wretched is the name [i.e., mention] of disobedience after [one's] faith. And whoever does not repent - then it is those who are the wrongdoers."

Doesn't this also count?
No, this does not count. Because we are not calling him with offensive nicknames and he is no way better than any sane man.

Amoeba
10-21-2010, 08:40 AM
Which is the correct wording? Because some translations just use "ridicule" rather than "nicknames", and this definitely counts as ridicule. Others say "Do not laugh at others" rather than "let not a people [ridicule] another people". Does anybody here know the arabic? That would help a lot. Still, the majority of translations I can find refer to simply laughing at others rather than laughing at a people (as opposed to, say, laughing with them). Perhaps someone can come along and clarify.

But one thing is for sure, nowhere does it say that you can ridicule them if you judge them to be worse than yourself.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!