/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fighting in Allahs cause. Help?

Hamza Aslam
10-19-2010, 11:26 PM
In a hadith Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) said,"The one who fights that Allah's Word (Islam) should be superior, fights in Allah's Cause"
So i'm a 16 year old boy living in america. I go to high school and there is this one kid who keeps making fun of islam to me. He says things like he will pee on the Quran, he makes fun of Allah, saying that i have a bomb in my backpack.... SO i get really angry and reply and say things back to him sometimes. I have even fought him once. I justify me fighting him by saying i am defending islam. Is this jihad is some way? Should I fight him or just ignore it? Jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
10-23-2010, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Aslam
In a hadith Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) said,"The one who fights that Allah's Word (Islam) should be superior, fights in Allah's Cause"
So i'm a 16 year old boy living in america. I go to high school and there is this one kid who keeps making fun of islam to me. He says things like he will pee on the Quran, he makes fun of Allah, saying that i have a bomb in my backpack.... SO i get really angry and reply and say things back to him sometimes. I have even fought him once. I justify me fighting him by saying i am defending islam. Is this jihad is some way? Should I fight him or just ignore it? Jazakallah
Asalaamu Alaikum brother, i think you should definatley inform the teachers about this because it is not acceptable for anyone to be making fun of religion, race etc. You should not swear at him or fight him as this will not help the situation and this is what he wants. Rather you should say to him in a gentle manner that Islam teaches us to be patient and the best towards others even though they are the worst towards us. Tell him good things about Islam and tell him that what he hears in the news and media is not correct and that he should look into Islam for himself instead of making fun of something he knows nothing about. After telling him these things just ignore him and also inform the teachers if he persists.

This kind of behaviour should not be tolerated in school or anywhere but unfortunatley this world is full of immature people like that. There is no good in swearing abuse back at him because as Muslims we should not lower ourselves like people like that. Also by fighting him nothing will be solved and you may also get into trouble with your school as well as being hurt.

So take my advice brother and know that in life you will meet people like that but the best thing to do is tell them to look into Islam for themselves rather than mocking that which they do not understand and then just ignore them becasue getting angry is what they want and if they notice you not bothering about what they say then they will eventually stop.

Apart from that brother make the best of your youth and go towards Allah. Establish all of your orayers even in school and get your Muslim friends to pray with you. Attend the Masjid as much as you can and most importantly hang around with good company and those who don't swear, backbite or do major sins like keeping girlfriends etc. Stick with those with good character and conduct.

Do not waste your time with video games as your time is too precious and the youth is only short and worship in ones youth is the best worship one can do in their life time. Recite as much of the Qur'an as you can with its meanings and always ask of Allah in dua for all of your needs as well as for your family, the Muslims and also repent as much as you can and thank Allah in your duas. Dua is the weapon of the believer so use it wisely and do not let it go to waste.

Spend your time remembering Allah in doing Dhikr and glorifying his name. This you can do where ever you are and it is so easy yet it is something we neglect so much. How hard is it to say Subhanallah and La ilaha ilallah yet we find it easier to talk about useless matters.

So my brother make the best of your time and strive to please Allah as much as you can. Live for the hereafter and everything you do like study, work etc then do it for the pleasure of Allah and Allah will give you blessings in it inshallah.

Just ognore those who act immature and know that you are being patient only to please Allah. Do not lower yourself to their level but think that they do not know what they are saying and that you will be patient for the pleasure of Allah. Please remember me in your dua's.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hamza Aslam
10-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Jazakallah for replying brother. Someone actually told a teacher(without telling me) and then the teacher told the principle. So i might have to speak to him in the coming days. What you said about the video games is very true and they are indeed a waste of time, so i have on work on thast.
To be honest your talking about youth makes me sad because inshallah i will be going to the doctor to see if i have a disease and it does scare me. PLease make dua that this distress is just a way Allah(SWT) is testing and so my sins can be forgiven.

Hamza Asadullah
10-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Jazakallah for replying brother. Someone actually told a teacher(without telling me) and then the teacher told the principle. So i might have to speak to him in the coming days. What you said about the video games is very true and they are indeed a waste of time, so i have on work on thast.
To be honest your talking about youth makes me sad because inshallah i will be going to the doctor to see if i have a disease and it does scare me. PLease make dua that this distress is just a way Allah(SWT) is testing and so my sins can be forgiven.
Asalaamu ALaikum my brother co-operate with the teachers in informing them about that guys racist behaviour as it should not be tolerated in any school. Ignore him from now on and just think that "I will be patient and ignore him for the pleasure of Allah". In regards to video games then yes brother don't waste your precious time. This time in your youth is so important and you must use it to do good and please Allah. We will all be asked by Allah how we spent our youth and we should desire to be of those who spent our youth in worship.

Please read this article:

How much we will regret the precious seconds we wasted in this world:

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...ted-world.html

Try to visit the Masjid and pray all your prayers there as much as you can, Join an islamic course to learn about Islam and sit with learned people and scholars and learn from them. Make best use of your time before it is gone for none of us know how long we are here for. Make use of your fresh mind in memorising as much of the Qur'an as possible and also read its meanings. Do dhikr as much as you can where ever you are and no matter what you are doing.

In regards to going to the doctor and checking whether or not you have a disease or not then my brother know that if Allah will test you using your health, wealth or family member then this is actually a blessing in disguise because tests are what Allah gives us when he wants us to get closer to him. Tests also cause our sins to drop off so that we may become of those who have little or no sins because of the hardships and trials we are going through. Allah also tests us because he wants us to turn to him and go towards him. So if you have a disease then do not think it is a bad thing but it may be a blessing in disguise and an opportunity for you to get much closer to Allah.

Please read this article:

How we can get through hardships and trials in our lives

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...our-lives.html

Whatever happens my brother then ask of Allah and go towards him. Make the best use of your time and never waste a precious second because any second could be our last.

Please remember me in your dua's.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
10-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Salaam

.... He says things like he will pee on the Quran,

Astagferullah. As br Hamza already suggested , report about him to school authority or talk to your parents. Also avoid these type of fanatics.

May Allah reward you for trying to defend Islam .

Yanal
10-24-2010, 03:20 AM
Asalam alaykum,

Like brother Hamza has said in his post: Do not swear,abuse,curse,mock or do anything harmful for him,insha'Allaah Allaah will help you and bless you for all the pain you have been enduring. You should report him to the principle,if possible bring your parents in to talk with your principle,it is neccessary for you to take action otherwise he will continue to mock Islaam and you,what he is doing is discriminating you and our religion,it is not allowed in any school,nor should it be,it should be taken offensive from anyones point of view,you must do something otherwise he will continue getting the flame and good feeling in hurting you with verbal abuse of you and our religion. Seems like as you are explaining your situation,the boy seems like an immature,spoiled boy with no manners whatsoever,he needs this lesson to be taught to him,do not physically fight him otherwise you will just be instigating his actions,and you will look like the one needing the lesson if you look at it in the principles perspective,silently you must report him,insha'Allaah Allaah will help you with whatever you need and bless you with a great healthy,life ahead of you,ameen.

tigerkhan
10-26-2010, 06:22 AM
:sl:
pray much to ALLAH SWT in such situation and ask HIS mercy and help.....2nd plz keep in mind that b4 hijra, kuffars also keep doing act like this boy is doing....But prophet PBUH was always soft to them and He try to make them understand in a polite way...be polite and seek guidance and strength from ALLAH SWT and then u may take the necessary steps as appraching school high authority etc etc....
JZK

Hamza Aslam
10-26-2010, 09:24 PM
salam,
jazakallah for all the support. Recently a fellow student on the school newspaper was doing an article on whether there is racism in the school towards muslims( i go to a catholic school). He interviewed me and I said there was none. But then i changed my opinion and told him. He told the teacher about somethings the boy has said to me and the teacher told the principle. I talked to the principle but i would not tell the boys name. However, just as recently as today the boy has continued his racist remarks. I am now thinking about teling the principle the boys name and all the things he has said to me. Is this something i should do? Jazakallah.

Woodrow
10-26-2010, 10:45 PM
:sl:

It is always necessary to stand up against bullies and face them. However, the standing up does not always mean physical force. sometimes other forces are more effective. Some things you can do are first and foremost, make Du'a for Allaah(swt) to give you the knowledge in how to overcome these creatures.

Now have no fear in reporting them. Do not be a snitch and report small insignificant insults to you, but have no fear in reporting insults to Allaah(swt) and any physical threats to you. Do not act timid or shy around the bullies and do not run from them, but do not act back to them as they act to you. Avoid them as much as possible and avoid speaking to them. Neither argue with them nor agree with them, ignore them.

Yanal
10-27-2010, 12:18 AM
salam,
jazakallah for all the support. Recently a fellow student on the school newspaper was doing an article on whether there is racism in the school towards muslims( i go to a catholic school). He interviewed me and I said there was none. But then i changed my opinion and told him. He told the teacher about somethings the boy has said to me and the teacher told the principle. I talked to the principle but i would not tell the boys name. However, just as recently as today the boy has continued his racist remarks. I am now thinking about teling the principle the boys name and all the things he has said to me. Is this something i should do? Jazakallah.
Walakum asalam,

You should tell the principle the boys name,why cover up for him when he's the one that is insulting you and our religion Islaam,this should not be accepted anywhere especially schools where schools should prevent this type of behaviour,I suggest you tell the principle,and your parents,let the elders deal with him,insha'Allaah Allaah will bless you for your patience and bearing through this trial,ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!