Anybody going on Hajj this year?

I am, insha Allah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sirajstc
10-20-2010, 06:02 AM
MY brother and my mom Going .....

Ramadhan
10-20-2010, 07:31 AM
May Allah SWT make your hajj mabroor. amiin.

My brother and sis in law as well as a couple of uncles and aunts are going.
Please make du'a for me that I too can perform my hajj duty soon Insha Allah

'Abd-al Latif
10-20-2010, 08:31 AM
:salamext:

I'll be going for Hajj this year, alhumdulillah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insecured soul
10-20-2010, 08:37 AM
Hajj is for 40 days right?

Insaanah
10-20-2010, 09:46 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Insecured soul
No. The main rites of Hajj, excluding umrah beforehand etc, are from the 8th to the 12th or 13th Dhul Hijjah, i.e. five or six days (six if you stay in Minaa an extra day).

Amoeba
10-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Inshallah I hope to go one day, but I have no income just now so I'm living off my dwindling savings. Inshallah if I can find a job I might be able to go next year, but it seems more people are being laid off than are being employed, so it doesn't look likely.

I've heard different opinions, too. Some say it's better for new reverts to try to wait a year or two so they know what it's all about, others say don't delay at all.

Ramadhan
10-20-2010, 10:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insecured soul
As sr. Insaanah has explained, the hajj rites itself only last for a week.
However, most people (from other countries, especially those from big muslim countries) who go on hajj spend 40 days because of the following reasons:
- they will spend from few days to more than a week in madina (which is not included in the rukun hajj itself)
- limited number and frequency of flights that require the jamaah to wait for their turns to depart to saudi and to return to their countries. Example: Indonesia will send more than 200,000 jamaah hajj this year. There is no way all those 200,000 can embark in one go or even within a week (eg. my uncle and aunt have departed early last week, while my brother and his wife will only depart in november 8 Insha Allah)
- Most, if not almost all people who go on hajj have waited all their life to go to saudi, so it is only natural that they want to spend more time as possible as ibada in masjidil haraam and masjid nabawwi give so much rewards.

Ramadhan
10-20-2010, 10:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amoeba
I've heard different opinions, too. Some say it's better for new reverts to try to wait a year or two so they know what it's all about, others say don't delay at all.
I would advise to go as soon as you have the opportunity (health, money, time), because going on a hajj is the part of the pillars of Islam and it is wajib (compulsory) for those who are able to do it.
You will never know what the future holds.
I had every opportunity to go haj for many years, but I neglected it, and now when I want to go hajj very very much, I don't have that opportunity :(

You can always learn deen in the meanwhile, and if in the future you have that opportunity again, you still can go for another hajj or just umroh.

'Abd-al Latif
10-20-2010, 11:38 AM

If you are able to go then do not delay Hajj for even a second.

Allah says, "And Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah) to the House (Ka‘bah) is a duty that mankind owes to Allah, those who can afford the expenses” [Al ‘Imraan 3:97]

The Prophet (:saws1:) said, "Hasten to do Hajj for none of you knows what will happen to him." Narrated by Imam Ahmad (r), 1/314; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Irwa' al-Ghaleel, 990.

You would never ask your manager to delay your monthly wages so do not delay performing a pillar of Islam.

Inshallah I hope to go one day, but I have no income just now so I'm living off my dwindling savings. Inshallah if I can find a job I might be able to go next year, but it seems more people are being laid off than are being employed, so it doesn't look likely.

Amoeba
10-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Yeah but surely it's only if you can afford it?

Alpha Dude
10-20-2010, 04:21 PM
I would appreciate if anyone would be so kind as to remember this sinner whilst in the holy land, for his guidance.

Of course. :)

'Abd-al Latif
10-20-2010, 08:57 PM
Are you going to wait till you have money that cannot used for anything else before you decide to go for Hajj or are you going to save up and make things happen?

Race one with another for forgiveness from your Lord and a Garden whereof the breadth is as the breadth of the heavens and the earth... [57:21]

serena77
10-20-2010, 09:07 PM
thats so wonderful for anyone able to go to the Hajj this year. Even though i haven't reverted there is a part of me that would do anything to go.. ( yea i know.. revert first ) but there's a part of me that would be terrified by that many people. I do hope if (when).. if (when) .... -deep sigh - i do get to make that trip...
Peace to all
serena

Insecured soul
10-21-2010, 04:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
No. The main rites of Hajj, excluding umrah beforehand etc, are from the 8th to the 12th or 13th Dhul Hijjah, i.e. five or six days (six if you stay in Minaa an extra day).
alrite, insha allah soon when i have the money i will see the house of allah, its been long iv been longing

Amoeba
10-21-2010, 07:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Are you going to wait till you have money that cannot used for anything else before you decide to go for Hajj or are you going to save up and make things happen?

Race one with another for forgiveness from your Lord and a Garden whereof the breadth is as the breadth of the heavens and the earth... [57:21]
Um... what?

You don't know about the job situation here. I don't know if I'm going to have enough money to live. Stop being so judgemental!

muslimfirst
11-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Sahih Bukhari: Volume 3, Book 28, Number 45
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever performs Hajj to this House (Ka'ba) and does not approach his wife for sexual relations nor commits sins (while performing Hajj), he will come out as sinless as a newly-born child. (Just delivered by his mother)."

manaal
11-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Alhamdulillah I performed Hajj this year and it was really wonderful. Here are a few pictures of my experience.

Pilgrims waiting to baord train at Muzdalifah Station #3 to leave to Arafat. We were asked to board the 1.30 a.m. train (by the authorities). This didn't go down very well with some of the pilgrims who insisted we needed to leave Muzdalifah at dawn.

Not a strage sight during Hajj.

The male section of our tent in Arafat.

<image removed>

Pre-dawn Muzdalifah

<image removed>

Going to Jamarat on the 10th of Dul Hijja

To Jamarat on the 12th of Dul Hijja. All 3 Mobile Phone service providers of KSA are represented!

The Hailstorm on the 12th. We were stuck in traffic in Aziziya on the way to Makkah for Tawaful wadaa when in took place.

Yanal
11-22-2010, 06:58 AM

Masha'Allaah,praise be to Allaah. Please all of us in your du'as,may Allaah accept your Hajj and bless you and your families.

Darth Ultor
11-22-2010, 07:14 AM
Manaal: May God have heard your prayers and accepted your Hajj.

Muslim Woman
11-23-2010, 05:18 AM
Salaam

may Allah accepts your Hajj sis.

let us know more about train journey pl. It's good that Saudi Govt. has started this facilities. How much is the ticket ?

manaal
11-23-2010, 11:53 AM
^The train journey itself was excellent. Didn't take for than 15 minutes to get to anywhere. But the inherent disadvantages of trains is that we have to use another mode of transport (walking) to and from the terminal. The termionals are equipped with all the facilities yet. There were no escalators or loos which was a bit incovenient. But they did have huge lifts (elevators) for the use of the old, disabled and those with kids. They also didn;t have enough trains for all pilgrims (yet), they have definite plans for solving that problem soon.

The Chinese workers and offcials were amazed at the crowds gathered. A friend of ours spoke to them and they said they have been observing the traffic and have some idea of how to improve the system. They were taking lots of pictures and videos at the terminals. I heard that many Chinese who worked on the project have accepted Islam, Alhamdulillah.

There are 3 stations at each termnal, viz, Muzdhalifa, Mina and Arafat 1, 2 and 3. The pigrims to whom the facility was avaiable were given an arm bracelet which were used as passes or tickets. Our group got green 7 day passes (cost SAR 250) to be used only at station 3. Station one is blue and 2 is yellow. The only ticket checking that took place was at the entrance to the station. We have to simply put up out right arms and show them the bracelet!

Anymore questions? Please ask.

'Abd-al Latif
11-23-2010, 12:49 PM

Did you leave Mina on the 12th? On the same day in Mina around maghrib the water level rose knee high and the brothers had to create a barrier to stop the water from coming into the tents.

I didn't bother to take the buses because I knew there would be delays. I walked it from Mina to the Jamaraat to Makkah and back to Aziziyyah.

format_quote Originally Posted by manaal

manaal
11-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Yes, this was on the 12th. We took a "taxi" from Jamarat and were stuck in traffic for hours. We knew it would happen, but opted to do so because we did Tawaful Ifada on the 11th and walked to Jamarat in the hot sun, which was so tiring. Did you experience the strong winds on the night before? I was told that Allah (swt) sends such winds and rain to wash away the germs and diseases. And this Hajj has been reported as disease free by the Saudi Govt. Subhanallah!

'Abd-al Latif
11-23-2010, 03:02 PM
SubhanAllah you took the taxi? How much did they charge? A lot of brothers said taxis were charging 200 Riyal from Mina to Makkah! What a rip off! It should be no more than 30 Riyal.

Yeah I did experience the winds the night before on the way back from Jamaraat. I was on my way to the Jamaraat the following day and the rainfall began once again. Alhumdulillah I took my umbrella with me. I planned to do my tawaaf al Ifaadah on the 11th as well but I decided to stay in Mina because I met the author of the book Getting the Best Out of Hajj, Abu Muneer Ismaeel Davis! I went for tawaaf al Ifaadah on the 12th hoping to avoid the killer crowds that will gather the next day for Jumu'ah....but so was everyone else lol. It took me five hours to do my tawaaf and sa'ee.

In fact I even experienced the heavy rainfall in Makkah in the first week of November, I was soaked because I couldn't find any shelter.

Yes, this was on the 12th. We took a "taxi" from Jamarat and were stuck in traffic for hours. We knew it would happen, but opted to do so because we did Tawaful Ifada on the 11th and walked to Jamarat in the hot sun, which was so tiring. Did you experience the strong winds on the night before? I was told that Allah (swt) sends such winds and rain to wash away the germs and diseases. And this Hajj has been reported as disease free by the Saudi Govt. Subhanallah!

Muslim Woman
11-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Salaam

I heard that many Chinese who worked on the project have accepted Islam, Alhamdulillah.
Alhamdulillah

Anymore questions? Please ask.
U may share more picture of hajj if u want sis :)

manaal
11-24-2010, 09:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
SubhanAllah you took the taxi? How much did they charge? A lot of brothers said taxis were charging 200 Riyal from Mina to Makkah! What a rip off! It should be no more than 30 Riyal. Yeah I did experience the winds the night before on the way back from Jamaraat. I was on my way to the Jamaraat the following day and the rainfall began once again. Alhumdulillah I took my umbrella with me. I planned to do my tawaaf al Ifaadah on the 11th as well but I decided to stay in Mina because I met the author of the book Getting the Best Out of Hajj, Abu Muneer Ismaeel Davis! I went for tawaaf al Ifaadah on the 12th hoping to avoid the killer crowds that will gather the next day for Jumu'ah....but so was everyone else lol. It took me five hours to do my tawaaf and sa'ee.

YOU MET ISMAIL DAVIDS???? Masha Allah!! I had his book with me all throughout Hajj. It's the most detailed and practical book on Hajj I've read. Wonder if he got to do the train journeys? He'd add it to the next edition of the book if he did. Do you know how I may contact him?

The taxi from Muzdalifa to Makkah cost 50 per head. It was an SUV and there were six of us. From Makkah to Jeddah, it cost 100 per head.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
U may share more picture of hajj if u want sis

Unfortunately that's all I have that I can upload. We didn;t take many. The others I have are all of me, my husband and baby.

'Abd-al Latif
11-24-2010, 12:27 PM

YOU MET ISMAIL DAVIDS???? Masha Allah!! I had his book with me all throughout Hajj. It's the most detailed and practical book on Hajj I've read. Wonder if he got to do the train journeys? He'd add it to the next edition of the book if he did. Do you know how I may contact him?
Yes I met him, alhumdulillah. Some brothers I was with seemed to be very well acquainted with him but I'll see what I can do with regards to his contact details.

nightingale
11-29-2010, 09:39 AM
I am back from Hajj too, alhamdulillah.

May Allah accept our Hajj, ameen.

Alhamdulillah, we did not face any problems at any time. Most of the times, I did tawaaf on the topmost floor, where there was no crowd.

Sister Manaal, I too read that book before I went, it is so detailed and the best, I felt.

Muslim Woman
11-30-2010, 05:27 AM
Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by nightingale

Ameen.

catchagoat
12-12-2010, 02:24 AM
Salam Ive just come back from hajj too! It is seriously such an amazing experience. I urge everyone who can go, to go. It totally changes your perspectives on life and you feel more peaceful with yourself, I was in Group 44! Did anyone else feel really down when they came back?

: )

Ameer Hamza
11-28-2011, 05:39 PM

Ah....

What a experience i have no words to explain but after Hajj i am feeling too much proud that I am Muslim

Tilmeez
11-28-2011, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameer Hamza
:wub: :wub:

I'm running short of words.... may Allah SWT accept it, Inshallah. How lucky sons of my mother are :'(

Welcome Back :p

Darth Ultor
11-28-2011, 10:08 PM
May God accept all your Hajj

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!