/* */

PDA

View Full Version : fasting question

anonymous
10-21-2010, 02:34 PM
salaam -

I was wondering when you do a kaffarah - (fasting for 60 days) and you miss or break a day inbetween -what happens to all the fasts you have kept before you missed one - do they go to waste or do they count towards all you other missed farz fasts that you need to keep - eg ones missed due to mensus or ones you didnt keep when you were younger - or do they just count as nafl fasts

also when keeoing the ones missed due to mensus - do you have to make intentions for each year - becasue i missed different amount of days when on mensus - sometimes i missed 7 sometimes 8 or 3 etc... but i dont remember how many i missed for each year - can i just make the intetion to say i am keeping farz fast for the ones i missed due to mensus ?????

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
10-21-2010, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
salaam -

I was wondering when you do a kaffarah - (fasting for 60 days) and you miss or break a day inbetween -what happens to all the fasts you have kept before you missed one - do they go to waste or do they count towards all you other missed farz fasts that you need to keep - eg ones missed due to mensus or ones you didnt keep when you were younger - or do they just count as nafl fasts

also when keeoing the ones missed due to mensus - do you have to make intentions for each year - becasue i missed different amount of days when on mensus - sometimes i missed 7 sometimes 8 or 3 etc... but i dont remember how many i missed for each year - can i just make the intetion to say i am keeping farz fast for the ones i missed due to mensus ?????
Asalaamu Alaikum, if one misses one fast from the 60 fasts of kaffarah then one has to repeat all 60 again the only exception being a women who comes on in her menses whilst keeping the 60 fasts.

In regards to making up the fasts from those missed because of menses then it will suffice just to count how many fasts one has to keep throughout ones life to the nearest number and then fast them all one by one with the intention in ones heart of making up all the fasts one has missed due to menses throughout the years, rather than having to make seperate intentions for each fast.

And Allah knows best in all matters

anonymous
10-25-2010, 12:34 PM
salaam -

thankyou fpr answering please could you help me put witht he first part of the question too??

and also one more question - if you are not sure wheter you owe a kaffarah or not - what would you do in this case???

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!