/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help needed. Should a devout muslim steal from someone

mgsteveb
10-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Hi.

I need some advice. An Egyptian Muslim who prays every day has conned a lot of money from me. He prays every day and has a wife and child. He told me he could not steal as the money he steals would by bad food and be like fire in his childs belly.

Is there anything from the Qur'an I could say to him "in arabic" that would shame him?

Thanks.

Steve

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
أحمد
10-22-2010, 03:41 PM
:sl:

Sin isn't inherited in Islam; so his child wouldn't be held responsible for something the father did/does.

The ruling for a thief:

5:38 [As for] the thief, the male and the female, amputate their hands in recompense for what they committed as a deterrent [punishment] from Allah . And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

:wa:

Muslim Woman
10-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Salaam/Peace

how do u know he took your money ?

Asiyah3
10-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Peace,

I don't know if this'll be of any help to your situation, but here's some ahadeeth about lying:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The signs of the hypocrite are three: when he speaks, he lies, when he makes a promise he breaks it, and when he is entrusted with something he breaks that trust.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 32; Muslim, 89.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allah ibn Mas‘ood (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “I enjoin you to be truthful, for truthfulness leads to righteousness and righteousness leads to Paradise. A man may continue to tell the truth and endeavour to be truthful until he is recorded with Allaah as a speaker of truth. And beware of lying, for lying leads to wickedness and wickedness leads to Hell. A man may continue to tell lies and endeavour to tell lies, until he is recorded with Allaah as a liar.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (6094) and Muslim (2607).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
10-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Why do people think conning money out of someone makes it halal? It's still haram known as ribh fasid. There are some hadith about fraud, two which i recall are:
mun ghashanaa fa laisa min naa. Those who cheat us aren't of us.
Al bi'aani bil khayaar ma lum yatafarraqa fa in sadaqa wa bayana booraka fi bai'ihima wa in katama wa kazaba mahaka baraka min bai'ihima. Which means something like: Two sellers who haven't yet parted, if they told the truth and revealed, their sale is blessed, but if they hid (the facts) and lied, the blessing is removed from their sale.

I hope i quoted the hadith right. the second translation is my own, so probably isn't exact.

Hamza Asadullah
10-22-2010, 10:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mgsteveb
Hi.

I need some advice. An Egyptian Muslim who prays every day has conned a lot of money from me. He prays every day and has a wife and child. He told me he could not steal as the money he steals would by bad food and be like fire in his childs belly.

Is there anything from the Qur'an I could say to him "in arabic" that would shame him?

Thanks.

Steve
Asalaamu Alaikum, brother how do you know for sure that he has taken the money? Do you have solid proof and evidence and you are not just assuming it?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!