/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Topic of Jinn, again!

*charisma*
10-23-2010, 04:50 AM
Assalamu Alaikku

I've studied jinn in general, but recently I was wondering if in fact jinn can/do possess people. I haven't seen any clear-cut Quran/Sunnah evidence thus far suggesting that they do. Obviously there are people who claim they've been possessed, or there are articles suggesting that Jinn have the ability to possess human beings, but I've never seen evidence that says they do. I also read somewhere that scholars differ on this matter, which I was actually not aware of until recently since I suppose I have always just believed that Jinns do possess people and didn't look into it until a cousin of mine brought it up.

Anyone know of anything concerning this, as in whether jinn can/do possess humans?

Jazakum Allahu Khair

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
10-23-2010, 01:45 PM
yes they can.. check this out with evidence, a scary thing

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/1819/jinns%20entering

piXie
10-26-2010, 10:38 PM
:w:

You never know who could be possessed either. Sometimes, it can be the person sitting right next to you in the lecture room. Once this happened at an Alkauthar Course I attended called 'Out of Sight' delivered by sheikh Waleed Basyouni. The course was partly on this topic, and when he started reciting the Qur'aan, it provoked one of the Jinns there which started screaming. And worse than that happened at an Al Maghrib course delivered by sheikh Riad. I was absent that day because I had another course to attend but my mum told me the sheikh had to send everyone out of the hall. May Allaah :arabic2: ease the suffering of those people afflicted by this trial. I feel really sad for them. imsad

Btw charisma, there r different types of possessions. You may have been temporarily or partially possessed without knowing. If you like, I could tell you the symptoms.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!