/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Candle making...is it ok?

sanpiks
10-24-2010, 01:43 AM
Salam,

I really love making candles and so I've decided to start my own candle business.

Being a muslim, I 'm havin sum doubts....hope u can help clearin dem..

As candles are associated with the festivals of non muslims (christmas, diwali etc), would it be right if they happen to buy a candle from me and use it (of course, i wont b makin special ''christmas'' candles etc) for their festival....?

M confused...!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
10-24-2010, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sanpiks
Salam,

I really love making candles and so I've decided to start my own candle business.

Being a muslim, I 'm havin sum doubts....hope u can help clearin dem..

As candles are associated with the festivals of non muslims (christmas, diwali etc), would it be right if they happen to buy a candle from me and use it (of course, i wont b makin special ''christmas'' candles etc) for their festival....?

M confused...!!
Asalaamu Alaikum, My sister as far as i know there is nothing in Islam to forbid making candles as long as you are not intending to make it for any non Muslim celebrations like Hindu and Christian festivals. All actions depend on intention so you should intend just to make it for general purposes then there is nothing wrong in this.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Woodrow
10-24-2010, 05:01 PM
:sl:

You have no control over the intent or actions of others. Make your candles from halal material and with the intent of them being used for halal purposes. Do not place the burden of the sins of others upon yourself. Any halal product can be misused. It is not your fault if somebody misuses your products.

Even raising halal chickens can result in the Chickens you sell being used in pagan rituals. We are not expected to take the blame for the actions of others, unless we deliberately seek to lead them into sin.

Yanal
10-25-2010, 02:59 AM
Asalam alaykum,

Best to ask a scholar or local Imaam,insha'Allaah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!