/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A little insight for a brother...

muslim19-89
10-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Assalamu-alaikum

I have the niyyat in my heart to focus on praying 5 times a day, I also spend roughly an hour at the gym. My question is, if one has been sweating from doing excercise and the time has come to pray namaz; will one need to perform Wudu again?

I know it's a silly question but I'm curious.

Jazakhallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
10-24-2010, 08:30 PM
no wudu son!...just dont pray next to another brother

جوري
10-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Why no wudu? I mean I don't know much about that matter, but you like to meet with your friends, kin and bosses dressed in your best and smelling great why not when meeting with God?

:w:

marwen
10-24-2010, 09:04 PM
I don't think wudu will clean all the sweat on our body anyway. So I think it's wether we take a shower, or just leave it. Wudu is not necessary, although it's always good to do it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslim19-89
10-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Seems like a mixed response to the question; I appreciate you all for taking your time to answer this, is there anyone else who could shed some light on this?

Jazakhallah

Muhaba
10-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Sweating won't break your wudu, however VL is right. One should try their best not to stink like sweat when praying, so try to time your gym visits so you have enough time to go home and shower, etc.

*charisma*
10-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

As sister muhabba said, sweat does not invalidate wudhu. Its completely acceptable if you aren't able to shower before making it to salah.
Just to be a little more hygenic around those around you and stuff, of course a shower is highly suggested :D

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

أحمد
10-24-2010, 10:38 PM
:sl:

Although sweat doesn't invalidate wudhu; if you are praying with others, it helps not to smell of sweat. Ahadeeth do mention garlic, but as this matter is specifically about sweat, there are other examples.

Many of the sahabah (RA) would travel long distances to get to the masjid for prayer. They would take a rest, go to a nearby well and perform ablution with the muddy water they had access to. This was the state of several wells in Madeenah; especially those close to the masjid.

:wa:

muslim19-89
10-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Jazakhallah for taking your time to answer my question. I do intend on looking my absolute best when praying; because I do a lot of excercise I was just curious to know if it's necessary to perform Wudu again due to sweat.

Yanal
10-26-2010, 12:37 AM

Islaam has lad great emphasis on the cleanliness of mind and body.Cleanlines is said to be half of faith because Allaah does not abode in the heart which is unclean.Wudu will only take a few minutres,surely you can spare that time and get in a pure state to clear any doubts the Shaitaan might be indulging in your mind regarding this.

Yanal
10-26-2010, 12:39 AM

Islaam has lad great emphasis on the cleanliness of mind and body.Cleanlines is said to be half of faith because Allaah does not abode in the heart which is unclean.Wudu will only take a few minutres,surely you can spare that time and get in a pure state to clear any doubts the Shaitaan might be indulging in your mind regarding this.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!