/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who needs a warrant... he's Muslim!

MuslimAgorist
10-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Imagine you take your car to the mechanic for an oil change, and once he has it up on the lift you see a strange wire sticking out the back. After a little digging you discover it’s attached to a strange piece of equipment stuck behind the exhaust with a magnet. What is it? Maybe a bomb? No way to know. You’re friend snaps a pic and posts it online where users identify it as an Orion Guardian ST820 tracking device, which sells exclusively to army and law enforcement.

Maybe this seems far fetched, but a recent ruling by the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals gives law enforcement the power to plant a secret GPS tracking device on anyone’s car without a warrant, even if it’s parked in a private driveway. Welcome to the land of the free. What’s unlikely about this story is that the device was ever found at all. A former FBI Agent confirmed that this was an an older model and the newer models are much smaller and harder to spot. None the less this is exactly what happened last Sunday to Yasir Afifi, a 20-year-old business marketing student at Mission College in Santa Clara, California who’s only crime was fitting a racial/religious profile.

Read More

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
titus
10-25-2010, 06:33 AM
This issue is going through the courts right now. I really hope they rule this kind of surveillance against the law.

This is the second article linked to this author on this website, and I have to say he is interesting to read. An idiot who has a very warped view of reality, but interesting.

MuslimAgorist
10-25-2010, 10:19 PM
I just happens that my wife in the lawyer in this case, and it's confusing because there's firm precedent on both sides of the argument. That being said, I don't have alot of faith in this government to err on the side of privacy.

What do you find twisted about the article? It seems more less entirely factual, with the exception of the suggestion you contact a lawyer before talking to the FBI. I know I would

Yanal
10-26-2010, 01:56 AM
:sl:

Interesting,do we need them to invade more of our personal space though?Is this worth it?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!