/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ghusal when fasting??

anonymous
10-25-2010, 12:32 PM
salaam -

my question is that when you are fasting and then have a wet dream - when doing ghusal is rinsing mputh enough or do you have to gargle - i would normally gargle but as im fasting i just rinsed out my mouth - is this ok to do this

Also when having a wet dream and you had an orgasm but did not ejaculate - do you still have to ghusal???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
10-25-2010, 01:24 PM
:sl:

About your first Question,

Is it permissible to rinse the nose and mouth during the day in Ramadaan for one who is fasting?

Praise be to Allaah. It is proven that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to al-Laqeet ibn Saburah: “Do wudoo’ well and make the water go between your fingers, and be thorough in rinsing the nose, unless you are fasting.” So he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told him to do wudoo’ well then he said: “…and be thorough in rinsing the nose, unless you are fasting.” This indicates that the fasting person may rinse his mouth and nose, but he should not be too thorough in doing so lest the water reach his throat. As for rinsing the nose and mouth, they are essential when doing wudoo’ and ghusl, because they are obligatory parts of those actions, whether one is fasting or not. End quote.
Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him)

source: http://islamqa.com/en/ref/106497/rin...outh%20fasting
n your second Q,

I had an erotic dream whilst fasting, but when I woke up I did not see anything to indicate that I had ejaculated. I had a dream without ejaculating. Should I do ghusl and complete my fast, or should I complete the fast without doing ghusl, or should I break my fast?

Praise be to Allaah.
Firstly:
If a person has an erotic dream then when he wakes up he does not see any trace of semen on his clothes, then he does not have to do ghusl.

Ibn Qudaamah said in al-Mughni:
If a person thinks that he had an erotic dream, but he did not see any semen, then he does not have to go ghusl. Ibn al-Mundhir said: Every scholar from whom I acquired knowledge is agreed on this.
Umm Salamah narrated that Umm Sulaym said: “O Messenger of Allaah, does a woman have to do ghusl if she has an erotic dream?” He said: “Yes, if she sees water.” Agreed upon. This indicates that she does not have to do ghusl if she does not see water (discharge).

source:

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/38623/ghusl%20wet%20dream
Hope that helped.
Anon2

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!