/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A common word

Zafran
10-26-2010, 04:56 AM
Salaam

I'm not sure if muslims and non muslims knew about this but there was a reach out by muslim scholars to the christian community after the pope speech in 2006 - anyway here is the website and what the Common word was all about

On October 13th 2006, one month to the day after Pope Benedict XVI's Regensburg address of September 13th 2006, 38 Islamic authorities and scholars from around the world, representing all denominations and schools of thought, joined together to deliver an answer to the Pope in the spirit of open intellectual exchange and mutual understanding. In their Open Letter to the Pope (see english.pdf), for the first time in recent history, Muslim scholars from every branch of Islam spoke with one voice about the true teachings of Islam
The website of the common word - http://acommonword.com/index.php?lang=en

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Grace Seeker
10-29-2010, 06:20 PM
I had not seen this. Thanks for posting it. Something for us all to read. I have even bookmarked it for future reference.

Zafran
10-30-2010, 01:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
I had not seen this. Thanks for posting it. Something for us all to read. I have even bookmarked it for future reference.
Yep

sadly when the serious scholars speak they get drowned out by the people that can shout the loudest. This was the real reply after the pope incident.

peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!