/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dua after Namaz

muslim19-89
10-26-2010, 09:46 AM
:sl:,

Please could someone provide me a list of short Duas that can be read after praying? Preferably one that will help increase confidence.

Also, I need some help in praying 3 Witr (Isha); I know this is read different to Fardh / Sunnat / Naffil but I haven't been able to find a clear guide.

Jazakhallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hayaa
10-26-2010, 06:56 PM
:sl:

Prayers to be read after the obligatory (fard) prayers
First recite the prayer for forgiveness (istighfār) thrice,

أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللهَ

Astaghfiru �Llāh(a).

I seek forgiveness from Allāh.

Then recite:

اَللّٰهُمَّ أَنْتَ السَّلاَمُ، وَمِنْكَ السَّلاَمُ، تَبَارَكْتَ يَا ذَا الْجَلاَلِ وَالْإِكْرَامِ

[1] Allāhumma Anta�s-Salām(u), wa minka �s-salām(u), tabārakta yā Dha �l-jalāli wa �l-ikrām(i).

O Allāh, You are the Giver of Peace and peace comes from You alone. You are blessed, O Majestic and Benevolent (Muslim).

Then recite:

لاَ إِلٰهَ إِلَّا اللهُ وَحْدَهُو لاَ شَرِيْكَ لَهُو، لَهُ الْـمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ وَهُوَ عَلٰى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيْرٌ.

اَللّٰهُمَّ لاَ مَانِعَ لِمَا أَعْطَيْتَ، وَلَا مُعْطِيَ لِمَا مَنَعْتَ، وَلَا يَنْفَعُ ذَا الْجَدِّ مِنْكَ الْجَدّ

Lā ilāha illa �Llāhu wahdahū lā sharīka lah(ū), lahu �l-mulku wa lahu �l -˙amdu wa Huwa �alā kulli shay�in Qadīr(un). Allāhumma lā māni�a limā a��ayt(a), wa lā mu��iya limā mana�t(a), wa lā yanfa-�u dha �l-jaddi minka �l-jadd(u).

There is no god but Allāh, He is One, He has no partner. His is the Sovereignty and His is all praise. He has power over all things. O Allāh, none can withhold that which You bestow and none can bestow that which You withhold and the wealth of the wealthy cannot help them from You [i.e. Your wrath and punishment] (Bukhārī, Muslim).

Then recite:

سُبْحَانَ اللهِ Sub˙ān Allāh(i) (Exalted is Allāh), and اَلْحَمْدُ للهِ Al-˙amdu li �Llāh(i) (Praise be to Allāh) thirty three times, then say: اللهُ أَكْبَرُ Allāhu akbar(u) (Allāh is the Greatest) thirty four times (Bukhārī, Muslim).

A special prayer to be recited after Fajr and Maghrib

Recite 7 times:

اَللّٰهُمَّ أَجِرْنِيْ مِنَ النَّار

ِ Allāhumma ajirnī mina �n-nār(i). O Allah, save me from the Fire (Abū Dāwūd).
http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...=4775&CATE=169

Witr:http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...ID=1105&CATE=4

muslim19-89
10-26-2010, 07:09 PM
While we're on the same note; I am sure it is everyones intention to pray namaz without any flaws. I just have some questions.

1) When praying namaz I tend to whisper quietly as it helps me focus more on the words I'm reciting, is this allowed, it won't invalidate my namaz will it?

2) I have seen some people place their hand over their right eye (for roughly 3-4 seconds) and whisper something, can anybody shed some light on why they do this? I have tried Googling it but can't find any answers.

If anyone could mention their tips on how to focus solely on praying namaz (and to stop the mind from wondering elsewhere) please share them; I'm sure it will benefit all brothers and sisters as well as myself.

Jazakhallah

M.I.A.
10-26-2010, 07:24 PM
i read allah humma salliallah
rabijalni
and a bit of improv on the end.. although i dont know any set duas.

also i cant remember where but i read a story and it said try not to move at all while praying(moral of the story) except for prayer movements, even when yawning we should use the right hand instead of the left... thats the only movement i know about.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tw009
10-27-2010, 03:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim19-89

If anyone could mention their tips on how to focus solely on praying namaz (and to stop the mind from wondering elsewhere) please share them; I'm sure it will benefit all brothers and sisters as well as myself.

Jazakhallah
- try to learn the meaning of what you're reciting.
- focus on the tajweed, concentrate on how you're pronouncing the Arabic
- read surahs that you don't read often, when you read a surah that you don't read often you'll need more concentration
and do whatever you need to get done before praying, like if you're hungry go eat first!
ohh try your best to pray in a quiet room where no one is around.

Hayaa
10-27-2010, 03:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim19-89

Jazakhallah
:sl: Here's a wonderful article in that respect, especially the last bit of advice - priceless :thumbs_up

10 Practical Steps in Developing Consciousness in Prayer

Saad Omar

Like every aspect of worship in Islam there is an external and internal dimension; prayer is no exception. The external dimension of prayer is very often what is emphasized in Sunday schools, Muslim homes, conferences, etc. while the inner dimension is to a large part ignored. This leaves us with a well defined skeleton, lacking a soul.

1. A Bold New Perspective of Wudu (Ablution): This step includes coming into terms with the fact that the wudu itself has an external and internal element. The internal element involves developing the mindset that as you are purifying the external limbs of your body, you are simultaneously purifying from your body the internal sins that can from those respective limbs. You should imagine your sins dripping from those limbs.

2. The Five Minute Rule: This is the Golden Rule in concentrating in prayer, whatever you think about 5 minutes before you pray, you will inevitably think about during the prayer, so we should spend this time thinking of Allah (SWT) and not watching television, chatting with friends, joking, etc.

3. Raising hands (takbir): When you raise your hands and say "Allahu Akbar," imagine yourself pushing the world behind.

4. "Allahu Akbar": Not only, 'God is the Greatest' but also, 'God is Greater,': Meaning, whatever we are thinking about during that moment in the prayer, God is greater than that.

5. Surah Fatiha: It is imperative that we learn the Tafsir (explanation) of Surah Fatiha in detail. There are many websites and books to help us along these lines (here's one I put together: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddw5kp4k_63dp4kfsgp. At the very least, we should learn the translation of Surah Fatiha and every other Surah (chapter) that we recite in prayer.

6. Ruku (Bowing): Imagine the story of Abu Bakr (R) when he added "wa bi hamdihi) (and All Praise is to Him) to his Ruku and Allah(SWT) sent down the Angel Jibrail to tell the Prophet (S) to say "sameeya ALlahu Liman Hamida" (Allah heard who praised Him), instead of "Allahu Akbar" and Abu Bakr (R), in shock, responded "Rabina Walakal Hamd" (All praise is due to our Lord). This is how this step was added to our prayer.

7. Sujud (Prostrating): Imagine what Shaykh Hamza said: Standing up is like Islam (Mind over heart), Bending is like Imaan (Heart and Mind are balanced), and bowing down is like Ihsaan (Heart is over the mind). As we bow down, we say "Subhana Rabi al A'la (Glory be to the Lord most High), a beautiful and symbolic gesture with non-symbolic connotations.

8. The Taheeyat: As you make the Taheeyat, while sitting down, imagine the story of the Prophet (S) when he ascended to the Heaven (Me'raj) where he (S) and Allah (SWT) exchanged back and forth these lines that we now repeat as we embark on our own Ascension to Allah (SWT) during this part of the prayer. (At-Taheeyat…"-The Prophet (S) greeting to Allah (SWT), "As-Salamu Alayka…"-Allah (SWT') Response, "As-Salamu Alayna…"-The Prophet's reponse to Allah (SWT). "Ashadu…"-The Angel exclamation after this beautiful conversation.

9. Ending the Prayer: As you say "Salam": Imagine the angels on your right and left and what they record of you good and bad deeds. Then turn to Allah in forgiveness for your shortcomings.

10. After the Prayer: Try to not run off after the prayer, give yourself time to be by yourself, even if it for 30 seconds, and reflect on the momentous event that you have just experienced.

The Key to Unlocking Endless Possibilities of Concentration: Lastly, don't be afraid to use your IMAGINATION! A pious man said that before he would pray her would: Imagine the Kaaba in front of him, he would imagine himself standing on the Sirat (The bridge as thin as paper and as sharp as a sword that suspends over the Hell fire), on his right is Paradise, and on his left is hell, behind him is his grave, and above him is the Angel of Death. He was also imagine that after his second "salam," the Angel of Death will swoop over him, throw him in his grave, and he would fall into the paradise or hell, depending on the quality of that prayer. Thus, we can also use our imaginations to concentrate and get move from just praying to actually feeling the prayer.

muslim19-89
10-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Hayaa - Great article; very helpful indeed!

I tend to pray in my bedroom; it's quiet and nobody is around, it gives me that extra bit of peace.

I would be grateful if somebody could point me to some more Duas that can be read after Namaz.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!