/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How Can You Afford to Miss This? - Usul al-Tafsir Course

aliymeoc
10-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Assalaamu 'Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh

Have you ever wondered how to kick start your study of the Qur'an? Or if you are already regularly studying the Qur'an then how to get to the next level? If so this is an opportunity to attend a world-class Quranic seminar by an inspirational and amazing scholar that you cannot afford to miss.

Introduction to Usul al-Tafsir (Principles of Quranic Sciences)
By Shaykh Dr Mohammed Akram Nadwi

"Do they not then earnestly seek to understand the Qur'an, or are their hearts locked up?" [Qur'an - Surah Muhammad 47:24]

In this dynamic and engaging course you will learn about the different levels and ways of understanding the Qur'an as well as the related sciences.

Places are very limited so sign up today before it is sold out. See details below.

Please forward this to your contacts.

Course Team

Cambridge Islamic Sciences Seminars

Muslim Education and Outreach Cambridge (MEOC)

courses dot meoc dot org dot uk

Cambridge Islamic Sciences Seminars Presents

Introduction to Usul al-Tafsir (Principles of Quranic Sciences)

Teacher: Shaykh Dr Mohammed Akram Nadwi (Oxford University)

Date: Saturday 6th November 2010 Time: 10:00AM - 6:00PM

Venue: Cambridge University - Mill Lane Lecture Theatres

LIMITED PLACES LEFT - REGISTER NOW

Seminar Testimonials

"Alhamdulillah I was fortunate enough to attend the first of the Cambridge Islamic Sciences Seminars which attracted many from within Cambridge and without, both young and old. Sheikh Akram Nadwi is a true gem within the Muslim community here in the UK; with such a wealth of knowledge, he kept us engaged and gave us a sound introduction into the Sciences of Hadith. I came away from the course reignited in my pursuit for knowledge. I look forward to attending most, if not all, future courses throughout the year inshaAllah and would highly recommend it to anyone wishing to get acquainted with the Islamic sciences. " - Maria Alfaradhi, PhD Student, Cambridge University

"Shaykh Akram worked through the essentials of the course with a burning zeal to explain the multi-dimensional nature of the subject. The methodological approach was incisive and analytical. He made it patently clear that ‘teaching’ and ‘learning’ is a serious matter which carries a sense of responsibility. The Shaykh demonstrated with numerous examples, and the lively and open-ended question and answer session, that accuracy and truth in matters of faith is a forensic process that can never be compromised. One is left with a sincere desire to pursue knowledge that is not only sound but consistent with the approach of our Pious Predecessors. MEOC is to be congratulated for organising this seminar and the future programmes should be of interest to all those eager to benefit from this outstanding Islamic Scholar." - Sulaiman Kazi, Solicitor, Batley, West Yorkshire

"I found the Usul-ul-Hadith course by Shaykh Akram Nadwi to be very inspirational and beneficial. The course was very well structured, excellently delivered, and very easy for the student to absorb. I found Shaykh Akram to be a fountain of knowledge, and I found myself wanting the course to keep on going come evening time. The course was very well organised, prompt start, good arrangements for lunch, refreshments and prayer. I would recommend those who missed out on this first course to not make the same mistake twice and register for his coming talks as soon as they can InshaAllah." - Hammad Parwaiz, Medical Student, Cambridge University

"I feel extremely privileged to have attended such an exciting and deeply educational course. Sheikh Akram Nadawi's extensive knowledge of the muhadditheen, hadith and fiqh is subhanallah astonishing and his humble approach is inspiring to say the least. The differentiation between other courses I have attended was the sound level of interaction between student and teacher which inevitably created a positive energy in the classroom.The course changed my whole outlook on the subject of quoting Hadith to others and it helped me in understanding the magnitude of responsibility and immense seriousness when undertaking such a task, which many of us do without giving it much of a thought. This is a course I recommend to all brothers and sisters without any hesitation whatsoever.We must also remember that gaining knowledge is also a form of Ibadat (worship). May Allah guide us all towards the path of righteousness." - Aminul Dulal Syed, Cambridge

"The course was simply amazing, it was a lot of information to take in but was definitely worthwhile. As for Dr Mohammed Akram Nadwi, words cannot serve justice for explaining how humble yet knowledgeable he is. Alhamdulillah I went with my whole family and intend to attend all of his future courses InshaAllah" - Rahee Ahmed, Law Student, Kent University

"We pray and hope you are in the best of health and Emaan. We would like to thank (JazzakAllah Khairan) to all the brothers and sister who made this course happen. The course structure was excellent. We found Shaykh to be very open and appreciated his company. Shaykh very much enlightened us towards understanding Hadith. We thought that this course will be very much like a lecture base, but really found the lecture not only informative but spiritually moving. To know someone like Shaykh Akram Nadwi was truly a blessed moment. We look forward to any future events by the Shaykh. Once again regarding MEOC a wonderful job. My wife would personally like to thank the sisters at the crèche. It was not a easy task for them. Inshallah they also received equal reward as those seeking the Knowledge. InshallAllah look forward to meeting you in the next course." - Abou/Umm Zahra, Luton

"I would just like to say I came out of that lecture theatre yesterday with one word. WOW! The sheikh really was amazing. This is the first time I have looked properly into what hadith really is and the history behind it and I am glad it was introduced to me from a brother such as him. As well being mesmerised by his soft, humble and direct approach his piety and knowledge just radiated out of him. In addition to gaining an invaluable insight in to the life and times of the sahabas and muhadditheen of past generations (May Allah be please with them all), I can now appreciate the time, the dedication and the painstaking process that was involved in maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the hundreds of thousands of ahadeeth that we so readily have available today. I have also learnt enough respect so as to not just blurt out any hadith to anyone without the proper understanding of it. This lecture for me was truly inspirational and has reignited my passion to learn Arabic to a level where I can appreciate the words of Allah and His Rasul (SAW) for what they really are and not to settle for substandard translations. Booking for the course next month is a no brainer! Jazakallah for making all this happen." - Amirul Julal Syed, Cambridge

"Many thanks for organising the course yesterday; I just wanted to say how impressive it was and how much of a boost it is to the community to know that we have such a blessing amongst us on an insha-Allah regular basis." - Dr Mohsin Badat, Cambridge

"Alhamdulliah. Thank you for the Usul al Hadith course last week. JazakAllah Khair. I found it very enlightening and have a better understanding of this important Islamic science now. Also I feel much more appreciative of the scholars of the past for putting so much work into collecting and sorting out Hadith. I enjoined learning from Ustadh Dr Akram Nadwi with his deep knowledge and down to earth style. Because of this I now have started a monthly course with him in London studying the Muwatta of Imam Malik and Fiqh al Quduri." - Danyal Laskar, London

"Of all the scholars I have had the opportunity to study with, I have found Shaikh Akram Nadwi to be the closest, in knowledge, manners and teaching, to how I would imagine some of the great Hadith scholars of the past would have been. He has a vast knowledge of Hadith and Fiqh, a down-to-earth, humble, approachable style, and great teaching ability. His classes are not just beneficial from a learning perspective, but also to marvel at the awe-inspiring wealth of knowledge of our scholars masha Allah. His 40 volume work going through the biographies of some 8,000 women scholars of Hadith is a monumental endeavour. The mere fact of its existence can be a major talking point in discussion with Muslims and non-Muslims, and is almost a stand-alone proof of Islam's unparalleled wealth of female scholarship." - Dr Omar Mahroo, Cambridge/London

"I have been fortunate enough to attend some of the classes given by Shaykh Mohammed Akram Nadwi in Oxford and London, and I would certainly recommend them to anyone seeking to increase their understanding of the sciences of Islam. Masha'Allah, Shaykh Akram's knowledge is both broad and deep, his training is traditional, his presentation is lively and relevant to our lives today, and one feels that his intention is truly to raise the level of every Muslim. His work on the women scholars of Islam is timely and inspirational, revealing the little-known fact that many thousands of women scholars were involved in developing and maintaining the tradition of scholarship in Islam. This was the case right from the earliest community in Madina until only about 200 years ago. Shaykh Akram makes sure that his knowledge is accessible to all seekers, regardless of gender, in the most correct and generous way, and his courses thus contribute to restoring a balance and harmony. May Allah bless him and preserve him. The courses planned for Cambridge are an opportunity not to be missed!" - Aziza Spiker, Cambridge

"Excellent course and very well organised in all ways" - Dr Rizwan Khan, Cambridge

"The course was extremely well organised and expertly delivered. What I find most impressive about Shaykh Akram Nadwi is not only the astounding depth and breadth of sacred knowledge that he possesses, but also his awe-inspiring humility. When sitting in one of his lectures, it becomes clear very early on that you are in the company of a scholar of great rank. The series of structured and high quality seminars fills a long unfulfilled niche here in Cambridge and so the community is very much indebted both to the shaykh and you, the organisers, for providing us with such a great and regular blessing. JazakumAllah kheiran. " - Yassar Mustafa, Medical Student, Cambridge University

"Both the Usul-ul-Hadith and Usul-ul-Fiqh courses I have attended so far have been absolutely wonderful. Shaykh Akram Nadwi's scholarship and spiritual knowledge is exactly what is required to help us understand and make sense of so many diverging schools of opinion and groups and is backed up by his immense knowledge of the sources of our Deen. His amazing knowledge is reflective of the numerous esteemed teachers that he has been a student of and his piety is quite apparent as soon as you meet and talk to him. I would like to thank both the Shaykh and the organisers who have given us the opportunity to receive the introductions to these disciplines which underpin the fundamentals of our Deen. We should be thankful to Allah that we have had the opportunity to gain a touch of sacred knowledge from the highly qualified Shaykh Akram Nadwi, who himself has received his knowledge in the traditional manner as part of unbroken chains of Shuyukh and their students, going all the way back to non other than our beloved Rasulullah, salla Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam." - Abdul Hadi, Cambridge

Dr Mohammed Akram Nadwi

Shaykh Dr. Mohammad Akram Nadwi is from the Indian city of Lucknow and a graduate of the world renowned Nadwatul Ulama (India) where he studied and taught Shariah. Shaykh Akram is a Muhaddith of the highest calibre who has spe******ed in Ilm ul Rijal [the study of the narrators of Hadith]. He has Ijaza (licenses) from many of the most renowned scholars of our time including Shaykh Abul Hasan Ali Al-Nadwi, Shaykh Abdul-Fattah Abu Ghuddah and Shaykh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi. Shaykh Akram Nadwi has a doctorate in Arabic Language and has authored and translated over 25 titles on Language, Jurisprudence, Qur'an and Hadith. In May 2010, he completed a monumental 57-volume work on the lives of female scholars of Hadith in Islamic History. He is the recipient of the Allama Iqbal prize for contribution to Islamic thought. He is currently a Research Fellow at the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies, Oxford University and is widely recognised as one of Western Europe’s leading Islamic scholars.

LIMITED PLACES LEFT - REGISTER NOW

Muslim Education and Outreach Cambridge (MEOC)
23 King Street, Cambridge CB1 1AH
Tel: 01223 655223 Fax: 01223 858066

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!