/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Public post of gratitude and Thanks to Allaah(swt)

Woodrow
10-27-2010, 07:48 PM
:sl:

I wish to pause this moment and give thanks to Allaah(swt) for sparring Aabidah and myself from harm today. Allaah(swt) truly is the provider of all things and our greatest protector.

I should not be here typing this post. We had our first blizzard of the season last night. When I woke up the snow was still falling but the worse part was we were having steady 60 MPH winds with frequent gusts much higher. Aabidah had 2 Doctors appointments in Fargo today. We called and canceled the morning one. By 11 AM it looked like the winds were stopping and the snow was only a couple inches deep so we decided to try to make the afternoon one. We got about 2 miles down the road and the winds started back in full fury, the blow snow cut visibility down to zero.

I edged the car slowly to the top of a hill and it was iced over, The wind caught the car and blew us off the hill. Mashallah the car did not roll and stayed upright But we were buried in a snow drift. It was impossible for us to get out and even if we did we would never be able to make the 2 mile walk to the nearest house. But Mashallah somebody saw us go over the hill and sent a truck out to check on us. Mashallah, we were pulled out after only an hour of so in the snow.

Another blessing is if we had gone a mile or 2 further we would have run into worse conditions and nobody would have seen us. We found out that the roads from here to Fargo are totally impassable and not even 4 wheel drive vehicles are making it through.

Many Thanks to Allaah(swt) for watching over 2 stubborn people.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
أحمد
10-27-2010, 07:53 PM

:Alhumdill

:wa:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

MashaAllaah,SubhaanAllaah and Alhamdulilaah

and indeed Allaah is the best of planners. Alhamdulilaah that you and your beloved wife Aabidah were safe and returned home safe.

May Allaah protect us all Ameen

Jazakallahu Khaayr for sharing, because of this many will praise and thank Allaah SWT!
Wa 3laaykum salaam

Tilmeez
10-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Subhanallah!

Alhamdolillah for sparring you and aunt Aabidah.

I often say we are in an age of Qaht ur Rijaal - Drought of (Real) Men. For me (and for most of other members) you are a sprinkle of cool water in a hot desert.

May Allah SWT keep you in the best state of health and Emaan, Inshallah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tango92
10-27-2010, 08:26 PM
small miracles help us through the day indeed.

may this be a reminder of death for us all

S.Belle
10-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Alhamdilulah
May Allah continue to protect you and your family

Alpha Dude
10-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Alhamdulilah!

If I remember correctly, you already do this but make sure you pack stuff in the car in case of emergencies. Blankets, food, torches etc.

Patience7
10-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Alhamdulillah!! Jazakallah for sharing your experience - May Allah protect you and your wife.

Woodrow
10-27-2010, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
Alhamdulilah!

If I remember correctly, you already do this but make sure you pack stuff in the car in case of emergencies. Blankets, food, torches etc.
Fortunately we do carry sufficient provisions to last at least 3 days. But, they would have been of little use if the car had rolled over and bounced down the hill instead of staying up right. SubhanAllaah

Yanal
10-28-2010, 12:12 AM

Subhan'Allah,grandfather,may Allaah bless you and your family,All Praise To Be For Allaah for being merciful,ameen.

Are you fine?

Woodrow
10-28-2010, 12:23 AM
Jazakalllahu Khayran to all for the Du'as and Ameen to the Du'as.

How the car kept from rolling when it slid off the road and hit the grass and dirt sideways, I can not explain in terms of physical means. The car should have flipped over and rolled down the hill end over end. But, it did not it remained upright. SubhanAllaah

Both of us are fine and will make the trip to Fargo,after the roads are clear.

CosmicPathos
10-28-2010, 12:58 AM
allhamdulillah. Allah had written more worldly life for you both of His slaves. Allhamdulillah.

PouringRain
10-28-2010, 01:36 AM
Thank God for keeping watch over you and your wife and sending someone to help you in your time of need.

جوري
10-28-2010, 02:00 AM
sob7an Allah akhi, may Allah swt keep you both safe, look after you and grant you happiness most sublime in the two lots..

ameen

sry I missed this thread..

:w:

MuslimahBarb
10-28-2010, 02:45 AM
:wa:

Br Woodrow

I am so relieved to hear that you and Sister Aabidah were not injured. Allah swt certainly was protection the 2 of you today. Continued duas that you remain safe, inshaAllah.

IslamicRevival
10-28-2010, 02:58 AM
I am so glad you guys are safe, Allah Hu Akbar. It must have been a frightening experience

Insecured soul
10-28-2010, 04:02 AM
You will only go through what allah has destined for you, i remember i had an accident 7 years ago
i was on the bike with one of my friend and a speeding car hit us
i was hospitalized for 10 days and then got discharged but my friend who was sitting behind could not recover and lost his life

i went through the similar experience as him but allah did not write death for me that time.

we can never tell whats waiting for us and what tomorrow will bring for us, so i hope these experiences will bring us closer to allah azzawajal and his ibadah

Muhaba
10-28-2010, 08:20 AM
Alhamdullillah! May Allah give you both long lives & help you to serve His religion. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!