/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should I stay in America?

tahmid001
10-28-2010, 01:54 PM
I came to Usa over 5 years ago and thinking of applying for citizenship soon, but I am having some questions about that now. What are some benefits of muslims living in america other than doing dawah? Also what can we do to help americans understand Islam and deal with Islamophobia? Also, any tips on how to practice Islam in america?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
10-28-2010, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tahmid001
I came to Usa over 5 years ago and thinking of applying for citizenship soon, but I am having some questions about that now. What are some benefits of muslims living in america other than doing dawah? Also what can we do to help americans understand Islam and deal with Islamophobia? Also, any tips on how to practice Islam in america?
:sl:

Much of this will depend on which state you are in. Each state is as different from each other as countries are different from each other. Even within a state there will be differences in each county and often differences within the cities in the county.

I found Texas to be the most receptive to Muslims and the University of Texas has an excellent Islamic Department for those who desire to learn more about Islam. The North Central States have the least contact with Muslims and there is a need not only for Dawah, but for knowledgeable Muslims to take an active role in the few Mosques.

What State are you currently in?

tahmid001
10-28-2010, 02:40 PM
I am in new york city brother.

Woodrow
10-28-2010, 03:14 PM
:sl:

You have the opportunity there to be in contact with a fairly large Muslim community. the draw back is the cost of living in NYC is quite expensive. If possible look into relocating up to the Boston, Massachusets area in particular around Cambridge. You may want to see about possible employment at the Islamic School.

Check out this link and try to contact some of the Brothers and speak to them about the good and bad about staying in America.

http://islamicsocietyofboston.org/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tahmid001
10-28-2010, 03:19 PM
JazakAllah khair brother, I agree new york city can be expensive but I have almost all my family here so I have no plans of relocating, but I will try to contact the brothers inshaAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!