/* */

PDA

View Full Version : preaching to J-witnesses

anonymous
10-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Salaam all

I work with a J-Witness - and have recently started talking to her about religon - i found our religons are quite similar but the major diference is that they believe that jesus is son of God -

\I want to preach to her but dont have enough knowledge to do so as im still learning myself and dont want to say the wrong thing - is there any article that i can send to her about associating anything with god and why god doesnt needs anyone associated with him - im not really good with words and i dont wanna confuse her -

I just wanna explain to her how wrong it is to associate partners with God and why he isnt

any help will be good

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
10-29-2010, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Salaam all

I work with a J-Witness - and have recently started talking to her about religon - i found our religons are quite similar but the major diference is that they believe that jesus is son of God -

\I want to preach to her but dont have enough knowledge to do so as im still learning myself and dont want to say the wrong thing - is there any article that i can send to her about associating anything with god and why god doesnt needs anyone associated with him - im not really good with words and i dont wanna confuse her -

I just wanna explain to her how wrong it is to associate partners with God and why he isnt

any help will be good
:sl:

Your friend is trying to convert you. This is a typical tactic they use when trying to convert people. Apparently your friend has studied the hand book on how to convert Muslims. JWs are not trinitarian and do not believe Jesus(as) is God or the Son of God. But they will lead you to think that is what they believe, so they do not seem to be that much different from other Christians. They are very skillful at leading people by convincing the person that they are refuting a JW belief when the belief does not exist and in the refutation the person doing the refutation is actually the one being led down the primrose path. The more you try to convince the more you will find yourself supporting what she does believe. Then the trap will spring shut and you will be bombarded with arguments "proving" you believe what she believes, The goal is to convince you that you believe more the teachings of the JWs then you believe the teachings of Islam. Believe me those rascals work fast once they lead a person into trying to correct them. Learn what a JW really believes, before trying to refute them. Otherwise, you may find yourself unintentionally supporting them.

Insaanah
10-29-2010, 09:03 PM

Jazaakallah khayr for that information, Uncle Woodrow.

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
JWs are not trinitarian and do not believe Jesus(as) is God or the Son of God.
As far as I know, JWs do believe that Jesus (alayhi assalaam) is the only begotten son of God.

Certainly JW websites say that about their beliefs as do general religion websites.

Perhaps this was a typing error?

tango92
10-29-2010, 09:16 PM
god gives birth now. astugfirullah never thought of it like that

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
10-29-2010, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

As far as I know, JWs do believe that Jesus (alayhi assalaam) is the only begotten son of God.

Certainly JW websites say that about their beliefs as do general religion websites.

JW's believe he is the first creation and he later came to earth in Human Form. But, I do not know any who profess he is the "Son of God".

This is what I understand they believe:

Jehovah's Witnesses disagree with the mainstream Christian belief that Jesus was "fully God, fully man." Witnesses teach that Jesus was not God, but rather God's first creation. Jesus existed in pre-human form as God's agent of creation and God's chief spokesman (the Word), and took on human form as the man Jesus by means of a virgin birth.

The purpose of Jesus' incarnation on earth was threefold in the view of Witnesses: (1) To teach the truth about God; (2) to provide a model of a perfect life for people to follow; and (3) to sacrifice his life to set humans free from sin and death. His crucifixion was not on a cross, but a single upright stake. After his death, God raised Jesus from the dead "as a spirit creature" and Jesus returned to his home in heaven. Jesus was not made King, however, until 1914.
SOURCE

Hamza Asadullah
10-29-2010, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

Asalaamu Alaikum, Brother Woodrow is along the right lines of the general belief of Jehova's witnesses. Jehova's believe Jesus is the Lord and Savior but that he is not a part of God unlike Christians do. They also do not believe in the Trinity — the father, son and holy spirit — as, for example, Catholics do.

Unlike Christians who believe Jesus is a part of God they believe that Jesus is separate from God and was God's servant on Earth. The major difference is that they do not believe he is actually God, and unlike Christians they do not pray to Jesus but God. I myself have actually debated with many Jehovah's witnesses who also claimed the same thing that they do not believe Jesus is actually God. These are some of the major differences in the core beliefs of Christians and Jehova's witnesses.

One of their main beliefs is that Armegeddon will come upon the Earth one day and the kingdom of heaven will be established right here on earth.

Insaanah
10-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

I think they are cagey about admitting that they believe that Isa alayi assalam is son of God and do not like to admit it (to Muslims at least).

Jazaakallah khayr Br Hamza for the info.

I had to have a good search of their Watchtower website to find this, it is also mentioned on other websites too:

Jesus is Jehovah’s most precious Son—and for good reason. He is called “the firstborn of all creation,” for he was God’s first creation.# (Colossians 1:15) There is something else that makes this Son special. He is the “only-begotten Son.” (John 3:16) This means that Jesus is the only one directly created by God.
Source

Woodrow
10-29-2010, 09:42 PM
With what has been already posted do not be mislead by the similarities between JWs and Islam. they are really much further from Islam than either Jews or Christians. Be aware they are not Trinitatian, but that does not make them purely monotheistic as they believe Jesus(as) was a co-creator, not quite equal to God, but a helper/partner in creation.

Hmmmm Can any of you remember what the Qur'an tells us about assigning partners or helpers to Allaah(swt)?

Hamza Asadullah
10-29-2010, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Salaam all

any help will be good
Asalaamu ALaikum. The link below is a good refutation that i have found for refuting the beliefs of Jehova's witnesses.

101 Questions for Jehovah's Witnesses

http://www.missionislam.com/comprel/jehovah.htm

Who is Jehova: By Sheikh Ahmed Deedat:

http://www.jamaat.net/name/name3.html

Read through it and it would also be a good idea to give the women a dawah pack which also includes an English translation of the Qur'an and lots of other books written in a very simple format on topics which will give her as a non Muslim a good understanding of Islam and the concept of God in Islam as well as Jesus (AS) in accordance with the Qur'an and Islam.

Dawah packs:

http://www.idci.co.uk/viewproduct.php?id=296

Also watch these brilliant videos by the wonderful Sheikh Ahmed Deedat on Jehovah's witnesses which is a 12 part lecture:

Jehova's Witness Visits Sheikh Ahmed Deedat - 12 part series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xg3jD_Gk-s

Do the best you can in explaining to her why we should not associate any partners to God.

The link below is a brilliant E book which you should read to understand why we should not associate partners with Allah in order to give this dawah to other non Muslims: Why Why Allah forbids Associating Partners in His Worship?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/30540627/W...in-His-Worship

Know that ONLY Allah can give her guidance so ask of Allah to unseal her heart and open it up for the truth to seap into it inshallah.

If you need any further help or assistance then we are here for you inshallah.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!