/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Working at a Center with Christmas tree's

new2010
10-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Selamunaleykum waRahmetullah,

I would actually just know if it's haram, that a Muslim work in a Trade Center where sell's Christmas tree's? I don't know - I think if this topic is handleing like alkohol in markets then is it haram, I think.

But I don't know as it is with Christmas tree's

What do you think. It is allowed that a Muslim work on such a market?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamicRevival
10-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Personally, i don't think theres anything wrong with it. Allah Azzawajal Knows Best

Woodrow
10-30-2010, 01:24 AM
:sl:

The sale and dispaly of Christmas trees are an excellent example as to how far some Christians have strayed from any worship. It is difficult for non-Christians to comprehend that the trees are winter decorations with no religious significance. However, because they have a pagan origin and were worshiped by the Druids thousands of years ago, it has only been since the 1800s that even Christians began using them for decorative purposes.

As long as you are not viewing them with thoughts of worship, I believe it is safe to see them as foolishness and a waste of money. sold and displayed only for decoration. They have no more religious significance than Christmas presents. Since anything can be used as a Christmas present, the only way to avoid them would be for a store to not sell anything.

The tree is just a tree. A tree by itself is not haram. We have no control over what people do with anything. Who knows there may even be cults that worship tea (Actually tea is used in some pagan religious rituals)

If an item is halal, it is not our fault that somebody uses it for haram purposes. Pay no attention to the displays. If you live in the Western world you can not avoid seeing Christmas displays. They are sales gimmicks and as such predominate all the sales media.

Just my opinion, Astagfirullah

new2010
10-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Shukran, bro's. I hope that's the right answer. May Allah teala forgive us.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!