/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fruits of Humility

Amat Allah
10-31-2010, 12:43 PM
Fruits of Humility

From Imam ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

One of the Salaf (Pious Predecessors) said:

"Indeed a servant commits a sin by which he enters Paradise; and another does a good deed by which he enters the Fire." It was asked: How is that? So he replied: "The one who committed the sin, constantly thinks about it; which causes him to fear it, regret it, weep over it and feel ashamed in front of his Lord - the Most High - due to it. He stands before Allah, broken-hearted and with his head lowered in humility.

So this sin is more beneficial to him than doing many acts of obedience, since it caused him to have humility and humbleness - which leads to the servant's happiness and success - to the extent that this sin becomes the cause for him entering Paradise. As for the doer of good, then he does not consider this good a favor from his Lord Upon him. Rather, he becomes arrogant and amazed with himself, saying: I have achieved such and such, and such and such. So this further increases him in self adulation, pride and arrogance - such that this becomes the cause for his destruction."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misz_Muslimah
10-31-2010, 12:56 PM
:sl:

Jazaakalahu khayr for sharing sis :)

Amat Allah
10-31-2010, 01:27 PM
Wa Alikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

Wa iYakum my sweet .C.

May Allah be pleased with you and open all the doors of goodness and success for you in this dunya and Akhirah and all the Ummah Ameeeeeeen

Misz_Muslimah
10-31-2010, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
Wa Alikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

Wa iYakum my sweet .C.

May Allah be pleased with you and open all the doors of goodness and success for you in this dunya and Akhirah and all the Ummah Ameeeeeeen
Ameeen Thuma Ameeen! :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!