/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice- UNI

Life_Is_Short
11-01-2010, 01:13 PM
:sl:
I have back to back lectures and labs without a single break during tuesdays. As a result i am missing my salah. I don't know what to do. I bearly find any time to eat.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
11-01-2010, 03:28 PM
why you don't find time for salah ? Is that because you don't find a place to do prayer ?
And how much hours do you study ? You can't pass all the day studying ! you will get sick !
To make 5 prayers, let's say each prayer makes 6 min on average (3 min to 10 min). 5 prayers occupy only 30 min of your day time ! Let's say prayer occupy 1h per day, if we consider also the time to go to mosque and do wudu. 1 hour per day is not too much. It's only shaytan making us think that we can't do prayer at time, and that prayer will prevent us from doing our job.

Muslim Woman
11-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Salaam Sis

pl. don't miss any salat . Make ablution in advance and when the time begins for salat , do it ( at least the Fard ).

May Allah makes it easy for u .

tango92
11-01-2010, 08:24 PM
you can read your salah and slip into the back of the lecture theatre. read up on things like joining the asr and zuhr prayer, that way you can miss just 1 lecture to read them.

do they even take the register over there? in my uni they dont really care as long as your in for some of the time....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
11-01-2010, 09:02 PM
find a way to do the prayers on time. i don't think joining prayers is allowed, except during hajj while some say it's allowed during travelling too, but i haven't seen any evidence from hadith for this. try to get out of the lecture. if they don't allow students to leave, then just explain that you need to get out for prayer and hopefully they'll respect religion and give you permission. or else, just skip the lecture. There are absolutely no breaks in between lectures so you can do your prayers?

Asiyah3
11-02-2010, 02:17 PM

Make wudu' in advance and pray where you can (in a clean place). It only takes 5 mins. If you can't find any way to pray, skip the lesson. Prayer is obligatory.

Hamza Asadullah
11-02-2010, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
I have back to back lectures and labs without a single break during tuesdays. As a result i am missing my salah. I don't know what to do. I bearly find any time to eat.
Asalaamu Alaikum, You must have an hour lunch break in the day between lectures because they have to give you that. Even if you don't no one can stop you from praying. Just like people go to the toilet and take 5-10 mins instead you can go to prayer and it takes less time than that. No matter how busy our schedules are we can always fit in prayers into our daily schedules. Just pray the fard prayer which should take no longer than 3 or 4 minutes.

And Allah knows best in all matters

aadil77
11-04-2010, 08:24 AM
how can you not have a break? everyone gets a lunch break

even if you don't get breaks at salah times, why not just miss part of a lecture for the sake of Allah? Allah will recompensate you for any knowledge you might miss out on

Also I heard you can combine Zohr/Asr and Maghrib/Isha if you think you might miss them - someone correct me on this

Asiyah3
11-04-2010, 08:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Also I heard you can combine Zohr/Asr and Maghrib/Isha if you think you might miss them - someone correct me on this
Is there any basis for this?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!