/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How can we be sure something is waswas?

Aishath
11-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Assalaamu alaykum,

As most of you might know, I am suffering from waswas a lot. I try to remember Allah and pray and ignore these thoughts and yet they still affect me a lot. What makes it worse is when I sometimes feel like I am thinking this thought intentionally and it was all my fault. For instance, before I start praying I seek refuge in Allah and ask Allah to help protect me from shaytan's waswas. I start praying and suddenly I realise that I haven't had a waswas and it's going well and then pretty much as soon as I think that, I think a kufr/shirk thought. And it makes me feel like this was all my doing and not shaytans' just because I started thinking about waswas and things to begin with. This really weird rebellious feeling comes over me and I have a thought of kufr or shirk and it passes away and I'm literally horror stricken by the evilness in these thoughts sometimes.

How can one be sure if something is waswas and not his/her own thought? I read that one needs to be a 100% sure that it is their own thought and not shaytan's waswas and the best way to make sure it is shaytan's waswas is when you know you dislike the thought and just want it to go away. :exhausted

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
11-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Wa alaykum salam

Simply ignore these thoughts and more importantly, do not attach any significance to your waswas. Meaning, since you know in your heart that the thought in your mind is not what you really believe, there is no need to get agitated.

Trust me sis, this is the only way. The shaytan is giving you these whispers and you are responding to him. Simply don't respond! He'll get tired and stop doing this and you'll get used to praying without paying any attention to the waswas.

However, shaytan's cunning. He will come to you with a different attack if and when you are able to protect yourself from this current waswas problem. Hence, we should consistently seek sincere refuge in Allah from shaytanic attacks at all times.

Aishath
11-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Thank you brother. I am trying my best really and I hate knowing that my worrying is giving shaytan joy. I am in the middle of doing uni work and yet I stop and think about this every now and then. I hate how shaytan is making me think that they are my thoughts and not his and I hate how I can't be sure they are not my thoughts :(

tango92
11-02-2010, 08:02 PM
if you know in your heart that islam is the truth then anything elese must be from shaytaan. shaytaan will pounce on any weakness you have, make sure your doing islam right. not too extreme either way. this will inshallah keep you in good mental health.

the best advice i can give you is to look deep in your heart, and realise you can never leave islam. you have no choice because it is the truth. also pray to Allah swt and beg him to guide you. as humans we are not capable of self healing nor do we have any knowedge save what Allah swt guides us to.

i hope you dont mind me asking but do you get any weird dreams just before/after fajr salah ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
11-02-2010, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aileen
Thank you brother. I am trying my best really and I hate knowing that my worrying is giving shaytan joy. I am in the middle of doing uni work and yet I stop and think about this every now and then. I hate how shaytan is making me think that they are my thoughts and not his and I hate how I can't be sure they are not my thoughts :(
Asalaamu Alaikum, my sister of course you can be sure. Your heart does not believe any of the evil shaythan whispers to you so why do you let him get joy out of your confusion. If you know he is trying to trick you then do not keep falling for it everytime. You have to be strong sister and keep on doing the dua's i sent to you in previous posts.

There is no need for you to worry at all about what he is whispering to you because you do not believe it in your heart. You are just stressing yourself out for no reason. You have to be strong now and not let him run rings around you every single time.

You have the strength in you sister so stop falling for his tricks now and disregard his evil and deception and instead keep thinking of Allah and his greatness.

And Allah knows best in all matters

tango92
11-02-2010, 08:12 PM
keep working on your iman. theres a book called Gods ID which i would recommend (although i havent read it personally i know arguments frm it).

edit: inshallah im trying to get hold of a copy, ive been told its beeing proof read b4 publication. my bad. in the mean time if you want some web resources feel free to ask.

i may sound a bit crazy now but ive been told humans have a "spiritual power". when our iman becomes strong and our love for Allah swt increases the Shaytaan cant touch you.

Also what you NEVER want to do is give up the good actions you are performing or stop caring about Allah swt just to stop the waswas. If anything stop caring about your thoughts and say let Allah swt be my guide.

Alpha Dude
11-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Think about it this way, sister. Imagine a muslim is held hostage in his own home by intruders who chuck dog poo on him and prevent him from praying his fardh Isha salah. The muslim man being so conscious of and having never missed a prayer is in a complete state of inability. Despite how much he wants to, he is simply not able to pray his salah on time. In his heart, he will feel guilty and bad but at the end of the day, he will realise that Allah KNOWS that he is incapable of praying due to the intruders. He will have hope that Allah will excuse him due to the impossible nature of the problem.

That is what you need to do. Realise that shaytanic whispers are outside of your control and you should hope for mercy from Allah on the basis that he knows what you really believe. Hope that would provide an incentive to ignore them.

Aishath
11-02-2010, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
i hope you dont mind me asking but do you get any weird dreams just before/after fajr salah ?
I do actually. Not all the time. During the week days I find it to be less so because after Fajr prayer I don't go back to bed because I have lessons but during the weekends I tend to get up and pray and go back to bed for a bit. Sometimes they are pretty bd dreams where I've woken up just really scared (like nightmares). Is this all part of waswas too then?

format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
i may sound a bit crazy now but ive been told humans have a "spiritual power". when our iman becomes strong and our love for Allah swt increases the Shaytaan cant touch you.
It does make sense. I've always believed in Islam but I have lost my way over the past 2 or 3 years really and even though as far as I can recall, I never stopped believing in Islam, I certainly stopped practicing some things. Whereas now I always remember Allah and try to make a conscious effort to practice my faith much better than I have in the past. But even there shaytan sometimes makes me think that because of my previous sins, I've 'left' Islam and come back to it. I don't see it that way. I see it as my iman getting stronger whereas few years ago it was so weak. But I get worried sometimes that there might be a ghusl on me or something (like there is for people who were once muslims, leave the faith and then come back to it). Does this apply to me here? :S

Alpha Dude
11-02-2010, 10:28 PM
But I get worried sometimes that there might be a ghusl on me or something (like there is for people who were once muslims, leave the faith and then come back to it). Does this apply to me here? :S
Sister, really, you have been repeatedly reassured that there is nothing to worry about in this regard. Please stop dwelling on this same issue.

Aishath
11-03-2010, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
Sister, really, you have been repeatedly reassured that there is nothing to worry about in this regard. Please stop dwelling on this same issue.
I am sorry. I know it sounds like I am just constantly going on and on about the same thing.

Trust me, I don't enjoy any of this. I hate how I can't enjoy my salat cz of shaytan or how sometimes he whispers such evil to me that it makes me feel like no matter what I do in terms of worshipping, i am doomed to hell. And I know deep down that I should just ignore these thoughts and belive me, I do try as much as I can. But shaytan waswas is not something I've always dealt with y whole life and sometimes when he tries a different angle or tactic, it leaves me so shaken that I can't physically do or concentrate on anything without always feeling like I am going straight to hell. I had a thought that if this certain programe hasn't started I am going to hell. I can't even remember if that is what I thought anymore. The more logical, rational part of me is thinking that I just thought oh I hope it has started but when I realised it hadn't and waswas got stronger, I felt like I was going straight to hell really.

I know all of it sounds like I am repeating myself and I am really really sorry. I just feel so helpless sometimes. It's like I have a constant battle going on in my mind all the time and it just doesn't stop even when i try to ignore it. When I try to ignore it, it goes away for a bit and comes back even worse :(

Alpha Dude
11-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Sister, we need to keep in mind the mercy of Allah. He can and will forgive us if we are sincere in our repentance.

So the solution to your problem is easy: simply keep repenting as often as possible for all the sins you have done both knowingly and unknowingly. When you repent, you believe in your heart that Allah will certainly forgive you because of your sincerity.

Aishath
11-03-2010, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
Sister, we need to keep in mind the mercy of Allah. He can and will forgive us if we are sincere in our repentance.

So the solution to your problem is easy: simply keep repenting as often as possible for all the sins you have done both knowingly and unknowingly. When you repent, you believe in your heart that Allah will certainly forgive you because of your sincerity.
Yeah I try to do that after most salats really. From the posts below, I understand that we don't get held accountable or punished for experiencing waswas so I am trying to be patient now.

Thank you for everyone who posted though and has helped me

Aishath
11-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Does waswas tend to get stronger when ur not feeling well? I've been a bit ill over the past two days and insha Allah, getting better but waswas just seemed to have increased then. And it's much worse cz it's things like, if you do this, ur going to hell and whilst I know shaytan doesnt determine who goes to hell/heaven, he is making me feel like I am the one thinking these thoughts. It got pretty bad one night because I thought it had been me who thought such thoughts but then realised that if i dont believe in that thought then it must be shaytan's waswas really.

tango92
11-09-2010, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aileen
Does waswas tend to get stronger when ur not feeling well? I've been a bit ill over the past two days and insha Allah, getting better but waswas just seemed to have increased then. And it's much worse cz it's things like, if you do this, ur going to hell and whilst I know shaytan doesnt determine who goes to hell/heaven, he is making me feel like I am the one thinking these thoughts. It got pretty bad one night because I thought it had been me who thought such thoughts but then realised that if i dont believe in that thought then it must be shaytan's waswas really.
i dont know. it must be different for different people i guess. you can try doing something fun to get your mind of it, i used to play table tennis back in the day...

Muhaba
11-09-2010, 02:40 PM
The shaytan tries to take advantage of a person's situation, trying to make a person hopeless and do kufr, so in such down times it's possibe to get more waswas, ezpecially such that will make you upset with Allah. For example you might get thoughts such as Allah doesn't care about me, or Allah hates me and won't do anything for me, etc. However, is it possible that you are under the effect of black magic? black magic affects people in such ways that they get waswas that are uncontrollable. I've seen people wandering around like they are crazy, getting obsessions of shirk and sins because of black magic. One girl had preached to shia neighbors of hers against shirk. After that she always got the waswas that she was doing shirk. Even when she stood for salah, she was getting the waswas that when she prayed she was committing shirk. No matter what she did she couldn't get rid of the thought that she was doing shirk, so i'm sure someone did black magic on her. You should recite the last two surahs as well as Ayatul Kursi as mush as you can over yourself. If you see an improvement, then you can be sure that you are under the effect of black magic.

Aishath
11-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Well with me, i think it is just waswas. Just because shaytan knows im paranoid and I think slightly OCD. For instance, waswas used to be about being pure. I used to get into a massive state of panic even if a drop of alcohol or najasat came near me whereas I don't overreact that much anymore. After I learnt more on how to be pure etc, shaytan stopped those whispers and he moves on to someone else. It jsut so happens that now I get waswas about 'if i do/think this, it can lead me to hell'. But I hope that once I overcome these, it'll stop insha Allah. I can see the different types of waswas and these few days it's been bad but I think it's cz I'v been feeling abit weak and even tho I'm trying not to miss any salat prayers, I tried to rest/get better insha Allah, as soon as possible. However, I don't think it is so bad, it is overcoming me all the time. Whenever it does get bad, I can tell it is because of my paranoid nature and that it is because I am over reacting to things.

Aishath
11-09-2010, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
However, is it possible that you are under the effect of black magic?

haha i can't stop thinking about this now

marwen
11-09-2010, 03:38 PM
I don't think waswas is a disease. It's a human thing, coz every one has some waswas. Suspicion exists in our mind, we doubt in every thing, we can't be 100% sure. Sometimes this suspicion has a good reason.
But in most of the cases it has no reason, and we're able to know it's fake and ignore it.

I think the best solution is to not care about this waswas and never think about it.

Aishath
11-09-2010, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
I don't think waswas is a disease. It's a human thing, coz every one has some waswas. Suspicion exists in our mind, we doubt in every thing, we can't be 100% sure. Sometimes this suspicion has a good reason. But in most of the cases it has no reason, and we're able to know it's fake and ignore it. I think the best solution is to not care about this waswas and never think about it.
Thanks, I was getting abit worried and I really dont want to spiral into more suspicion

Muhaba
11-09-2010, 04:55 PM
There are times when shaytan sees that a person is becoming more religious, instead of telling him to stop being religious, it starts the types of waswas where you keep feeling you need to do more, that you aren't doing enough. Like for example, you need wash more, etc. So if you're getting that type of wiswas then i guess the best to do is to realize that we humans aren't perfect and that Allah is Most Forgiving, so He'll overlook our short-comings. Another necessary thing to do is to get as much knowledge as you can, because a lot of times shaytan takes advantage of our ignorance when bringing the waswas. For example, getting thoughts like, if i don't do this it will lead me to hell. such thoughts can't come to a person if he/she knows that not doing the action will not take them to hell. So when you get such a thought, ask a scholar whether doing or not doing the act will get you punished. like on another thread a person was feeling guilty about not speaking to a lonely boy from her class. Shaytan was misguiding her due to her lack of knowledge, making her feel guilty, maybe even telling her her action would cause him harm or she'd be punished, etc. Such thoughts wouldn't come if the person had knowledge. Ihope i explained it well and my post is helpful. May Allah cure you and help you to overcome the shaytan.

Aishath
11-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Thank you. That is really helpful. Sometimes the waswas is about sins like listening to music etc. I try to minimise sins as much as possible but I'm nowhere near perfect so I hope that Allah will forgive my sins and I try and repent and stop them as much as possible. However, there are some things that shaytan says to me, you are committing this sin and it will lead you straight to hell and i just think, well he doesn't know that and I am trying my best and hopefully one day I will be able to stop all sins but after all, we were created as sinful beings from what I understand, and we need to try our best and not go too extreme either way. What really works for me is to try and look at it logically. So if shaytan says, if you look at that, you go to hell. I know it might not be a good thing to look at so I try to stop but if I sometimes can't help it, I remind myself that shyatna doesnt know who goes to hell or heaven and that even though committing a sin isnt a good thing, but that as humans we are not perfect and we all have our flaws and our job is to try our best really. Cz I tell myself if i believe that thought, then I am believing that shaytan knows everything and that's obviously not true :S

Aishath
11-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Sometimes waswas is just horrible

I was reciting Quran and my mother helped me with my pronunciation and I had a thought that if she was wrong then she can go to .... I don't want to complete the sentence because I am so scared by it and I know I didn't mean it. I hope I didn't think it on purpose because I really really didn't mean it. I keep trying to apply logic to make sure this is waswas but after awhile, i keep thinking, this was probably me thinking this

Muhaba
11-10-2010, 06:11 AM
You are confusing shaytaan's wiswas with your conscience /nafs lawama. When you get the thought that if you listen to music, etc you will be punished, then that is your conscience warning you and not shaytan. You should try your best not to sin. Shaytan will try to make you commit sins and not try to stop you from committing sins. For example it might say, "listen to music. Allah will forgive you." or it might say, "you have plenty of time to do good later. you can enjoy a bit now." but that is only shaytan decieving humans. because one never knows when one might die and the worst thing is to die a sinner. Also, later deeds depend on present ones. so one can't say that he/she will do good later. since it's possible, for example, for a person to think in old age, "i only have a little time before i die, i should try to enjoy my life as much as i can." it's also possible for the shaytan to tell a person who is near death, that you have done sins all your life, there is no way Allah will forgive you now. in this way, shaytan makes a person hopeless so the person won't repent.

the best thing to do is to try your best to do good deeds and stay away from sins now, and pray for Allah's help to keep us on the right path.

Aishath
11-10-2010, 07:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
When you get the thought that if you listen to music, etc you will be punished, then that is your conscience warning you and not shaytan

Oh okay. That makes more sense then. It's just so extreme though, the warnings I get. Rather than it being about me being punished, it's like you'll go to hell and there's no hope. Quite often though, as I'm about to leave the house, I would think about taking my ipod and then just think no, i don't want to as it's a sin. It's just got a bit more extreme lately

Thank you for your help though :)

Aishath
12-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Assalaamu alaykum,

I am having a really hard time with waswas and I am not sure if this is actually waswas. I was thinking to myself how Allah (swt) is always with us and how He is the only God and that He never leaves us and is always with us with everything we do. And all of a sudden, I had this sudden thought, 'what an invasion of privacy' and it is literally horrifying and causing such discomfort.

I believe that as humans, whenever we need help we are grateful that Allah is with us but when we want to commit sins, we feel all these bad things. It scares me that on some level I might believe in this thought :( and so I am having a difficult time brushing it off as waswas.

In my heart, I believe that Allah is always with us because He wants to guide those who wants to be guided, He is always there to answer our prayers, to grant us forgiveness. As slaves, we are in no position at all to judge or question our Creator and complain about 'invasion of privacy' at all. There is no such thing. Allah knows everything, and we can't hide anything from our Creator and this is when I keep getting thoughts such as 'no privacy' and I just really hate it and it is really horrifying me. I don't want to even think that I might believe such a thought at all. It scares me that I might believe it though because as soon as I try to brush it off with waswas, I keep thinking, yeah but if you think you might believe it then it's not waswas. How can I be sure that I don't believe in such an awful thought? Surely the fact that the thought provides me with such discomfort is proof enough?

That and the fact that I believe in my heart that the fact that Allah (swt) is always with us is a good thing. We never ever have to feel alone or scared or anything because we know our Creator is with us and everything will happen as He wills. Plus, its a good thing at times when you are tempted to commit a sin. Knowing that you can commit a sin but it will be something that will be viewed by Allah does help me try and reduce sins (not as much as I would like but still getting there insha Allah). If I genuinely believed it as an 'invasion of privacy' (subhaanAllah), then surely this means I also believe that I don't want to pray to such a God and the fact that I don't like missing prayers etc and feel so thankful for the many blessings He has bestowed upon us means that I don't believe this thought :(

Sorry it's really long. I was just getting worked up wondering if I did believe in such a horrible thought and everytime I try to justify it and say no, something else comes to me. I really want to think this is waswas and to be honest, it was a thought that came to unwanted, disliked. I wouldn't be worrying about is so much had it not been for the fact that I keep thinking, oh maybe on some level I did believe in it.

Aishath
12-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Asalaamu alaykum,

I apologise for the many threads I keep posting about the same subject. I have been dealing with waswas for awhile now and insha Allah, sometimes I feel like I am getting a bit better at it, but a lot of times I feel like I take one step in the right direction in terms of ignoring waswas and I find myself taking two back. I constantly keep thinking such awful thoughts and a lot of times I find myself thinking it on purpose and it really bothers me. Not cz I believe in it, but because I fear I am getting complacent with issues such as kufr by labelling every thought I get as waswas on the basis that I don't believe in it.

I am also in the midst of my kaffarah fasting and insha Allah, I am coming on to thirty days. However from my other thread about queries about breaking fasts, I feel like I am never going to finish my kaffarah fasting. I am coming on to thirty days, but around day 17 I might have tasted toothpaste in which case surely I have only fasted about 13 days or so and when you bear in mind the number of times I've started over, it is discouraging. Insha Allah, I want to keep striving forward and finishing it to the best of my ability, but waswas is making me so paranoid. Out of the days I've fasted, there have been very few days I can look back and be happy with how I fasted. Most days I get paranoid about one thing or another.

I also hate the waswas I get about my purity :( I constantly keep feeling like I need to make ghusls. The other night I had a dream which I don't know if it made me a junubi or not but due to second thoughts I was having (and due to the fact that I did logically think I should), I made a ghusl. Because I was fasting I made a ghusl during the day and left out rinsing out my mouth and nose too much. After I broke the fast, I rinsed out my mouth and nose and because I wasn't happy with leaving at that, I went and made a complete ghusl which I know I probably shouldn't have. And then later that evening, I found some dirt under my fingernails which were too short for me to cut and I was at the hospital at the time and fully intended to come home and wash under my nails and I completely forgot. I only remembered today, two days later after having prayed and fasted as well.

There's just so much more. I just feel like I shouldn't even be praying sometimes. Like I have no right to stand in front of God and ask for forgiveness (and even whilst doing that, getting such thoughts). And I KNOW I'm meant to be ignoring them and I am trying but it is becoming so difficult. I hate the feeling I get all the time that I am always doing something wrong :( and that I am the most sinful person ever and that how can I keep ignoring everything away as waswas.

Sorry it's a long post and major rant but I've just been feeling really down cz of waswas. I don't intend to break my fast or give up trying to complete my kaffarah or anything at all because I don't want to let shaythan win. It's just getting really hard sometimes :(. Insha Allah, I guess this is part of my test and hopefully I can remain patient because I do not intend to let shaythan win at all!

Hamza Asadullah
12-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Threads merged

Aishath
01-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Asalaamu alaykum,

Insha Allah, I hope everyone is doing well and someone can offer me some support.

I have been getting really bad thoughts of shirk since last night. Last night I got this thought of something being important in front of many Gods. But the thing is, last night I think I thought that on purpose. Not because I believed in it, but I just remembered something that I heard someone say sometime back on TV I think. I was really worried that was shirk because I thought it on purpose but then I didn't believe in it so insha Allah I am hoping it's not shirk.

Then today, I was looking at apartments and stuff and came across a really good one and started getting more shirk thoughts which I kept brushing off but then, I could feel myself coming up with the same thought I had last night, the one with many gods. I could see myself going back to that thought and I hated it. I know it probably was waswas but by me thinking these thoughts (and last night even if it was on purpose which I feel really bad about :( ), that's not shirk right? I mean you can't commit such a huge sin by accident can you (I'm talking about major shirk here).

Also, I just tried to reason with myself and asked myself, Do you believe in Allah (swt) and that he in the one and only God? And then I asked myself, if something happens, is it because of Allah's will or because of so and so And again, I went back to that shirk thought. I told myself no, because there's no such thing as more than one God. By me thinking or asking myself such questions, that's not shirk either right? I mean I've answered my own question by saying no.

And then, I also keep getting thoughts of kufr which again I know are waswas. I was repeating to myself I am not a kaafir insha Allah and I could see myself thinking the opposite so I just said to myself out loud I am a kaafir insha Allah not' just to kind of answer back to the waswas. So it was sort of my way of saying it's fine to get this waswas thought of kufr saying I am one, but I am just going to put the word not at the end. I know it's really stupid but I can't really explain it. But I am worried that I said i am one insha Allah. I mean that's really stupid, cz surely if I disbelieved, why would I say insha Allah or worry about it either.

I would appreciate some help please.
Insha Allah, hopefully this wasn't shirk. May Allah bless you for taking the time to read this. Ameen.

أبو سليمان عمر
01-02-2011, 05:39 AM
Asalamu alaykum

Masha Allah this question is in deatailed insha Allah i will ask a shyakh tomorrow morning and post the answer

sis i recommad you read this though

http://islaambasics.wordpress.com/20...ief-in-allaah/

also

http://islaambasics.wordpress.com/20...ab-at-tawheed/

and

http://islaambasics.wordpress.com/20...histhetruegod/

http://islaambasics.wordpress.com/20...eedcomesfirst/

أبو سليمان عمر
01-02-2011, 06:35 PM
asalamu alaykum

i couldnt get ahold of a shaykh for some reason but i asked a brother and another brother who is a student of knowldge the first said

According to what I understood, the whisper of the soul is not counted on the person untill he says it or acts upon it and if he is seeking refuge from those ideas then that is a sign that he is not complacent about it

and the other said
Insha Allah this is fine and this is from shayton you need to jahid the shayton and not let him when over you if it is a thought then that is what it is and nothing more so long as you didnt accpet it or act on it nor say it meaning also he mentioned this hadeeth to me i cant believe i forgot about it

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “Some of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to him and said, ‘We find in our hearts things that none of us dares utter.’ He said, ‘Do you really find that?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘That is clear faith.’” (2/153

also

The Messenger of Allaah peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has warned us against some of these things. It says in the hadeeth: “The Shaytaan comes to any one of you and says, ‘Who created such and such? Who created such and such?’ until he says, ‘Who created your Lord?’ If that happens to you, seek refuge with Allaah and give up these thoughts.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, no. 3277

so in short sis fight the shayton how be ignoreing him and doing more good deed keeping your tounge moist with thikr Allah etc dua

Aishath
01-02-2011, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by أبو سليمان عمر
so long as you didnt accpet it or act on it nor say it meaning
Alhamdulillah, I have been getting many thoughts and waswas about shirk and kufr over the past two days. Insha Allah, I hate these thoughs and really want them to go away so that is a sign it's waswas and that I am not accepting it.

Brother, thank you so much for all the help you have been giving me (with regards to the fasting thread as well). May Allah bless you for your patience and help. Ameen.

mateen123
10-20-2017, 10:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aishath
Alhamdulillah, I have been getting many thoughts and waswas about shirk and kufr over the past two days. Insha Allah, I hate these thoughs and really want them to go away so that is a sign it's waswas and that I am not accepting it.

Brother, thank you so much for all the help you have been giving me (with regards to the fasting thread as well). May Allah bless you for your patience and help. Ameen.
Asalamu alaykum,

Just randomly kinda found this thread because I was searching up on waswasa too. I used to have very very bad waswasa, I still do sometimes, but I have been getting a lot LOT better with it alhamdulillah through following a practical approach of tazkiyah to better my religion (prophetic-path.com). There's a lot of reasons why this works - you naturally get more wisdom and strength when you follow a course like this and maintain contact with a mentor, and you get smarter as you do the course. You learn to be more and more practical with your religious improvements, it increases your beliefs in Allah's Mercy and Forgiveness, and so it also has an impact on your thinking. I recommend this to all Muslims. Pray Istikhara and make a decision about joining, it is all free and run by volunteers so it may take some time to get messages from your mentor, but you can start the course right away.

Back to waswasa - from my understanding there are actually many different thoughts you can get from the shaytan and I think he can also give you feelings and images. He might make you see someone frowning when they are actually not frowning. There are knowledgable people who know more. So it's important to separate yourself from your thoughts, even if they are intentional, it is okay. Even if all the evil thoughts of everyone in the entire world entered your mind, it wouldn't take you away from Allah at all, and you wouldn't be held accountable. What can also happen is your mind has formed many different associations and triggers, wires, connections, so things just automatically pop up, sometimes nonsensical things, sometimes evil things - it's normal actually. You yourself will keep retriggering yourself if you try too hard to control your thinking, and it will just be tiring and won't actually be beneficial in any way. There's something called scrupulousness, some people are more prone to it than others, and some people get really stuck being scrupulous - what it is is people resort to doing something, whatever "sense" or nonsense it might be, that temporarily gives relief from anxious feelings, so then they feel compelled to keep doing that action/thought or whatever it is - it is a brain trick, and you might not be able to feel that it's not real - it'll feel like a real threat --- can't trust your brain. Gotta trust God and His Messenger, peace be upon Him, and upon all the righteous believers. It's explicitly clear in our religion that evil thoughts of disbelief and kufr come to the believers and it's actually more proof that they believe. It's really just something all believers have to deal with. Some ofcourse have a way better handle on it. And some, like us, have an extremely hard time, especially if we're prone to scrupulousness/ocd kind of behaviors too. But everyone can lessen them and actually just learn to just be fine with them. You don't have to react to them at all with anger or feelings. You just recognize "nope, that aint my thought, don't care how it feels, aint me" - and walk away from reacting further. It's difficult, very difficult, but don't let this thing stop you from focusing on improving your religion/character in a practical manner. Don't focus on conquering this one particular thing head on. It'll come slowly to you while you advance in your practical approach to religion inshaAllah... Also you obviously believe. You don't just disbelieve because of thoughts/feelings that come and go, even if they are intentional and you think that you felt agreeable to it - that's either a feeling shaytan is behind or just some feeling/thought due to the workings of the mind's patterns, associations, fears, balancing out, etc. There's a lot going on up there and sometimes you just automatically have a thought or you feel like you should just think something, or it just feels like a relief to think something so then you feel like it came from you - and partly it did - but not the belief side of you. Your belief is about what you know you have accepted/believed and will affirm with your tongue if anyone asks you what you believe. Your thoughts and feelings and imaginations are not beliefs. They are just tools you could use to help yourself plan actions and they can be used for reflection to help with understanding things. Having perfect thoughts, feelings and imaginations are not the purpose/point of religion. However, however much you can use them positively, and with time and experience using them more and more positively, it can be useful for your actual goal - which is increasing the good actions as much as you can to please Allah, the good actions being following shariah, sunnah, increasing in dhikr, and showing compassion to the creation.

I hope that helped if you still need it. May Allah make it easy for you and all of us Ameen.

FaizanSH
10-27-2017, 06:43 AM
If thats annoying you is waswasa , Please human mind doesn't have control they think anything and its said The to this Ummah Allah will forgive anything that crosses there mind unless they don't say it or act upon it , and just ignore the thoughts and make sure not to stress on them , let your mind keep thinking of it and don't try to stop the thoughts , just concentrate on your work or anything your doing ..

Ümit
10-27-2017, 08:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aishath
Your worrying does not give shaytaan joy at all. By worrying you intend to get a few steps closer to Allah, because you know the bad thought might come from the Shaytaan and you are turning away from that...the Shaytaan will hate you for that.
He will never stop with this.
But remember this...every time you get a bad thought...and you turn away from it...it will be seen as a good act and you earn credits for it.
so keep doing what you are doing...you will get rewarded for this inshaallah.

FaizanSH
10-27-2017, 10:15 AM
Are you there sister? With the help of Allah (SWT) i may help you ..

Esha101
12-13-2017, 04:03 AM
Hi I'm in the same situation please help!

- - - Updated - - -

Please help me

MuhammadHamza1
12-14-2017, 05:03 PM
Esha 101
Anything that comes to your mind or any thought that you do not like,is a waswasa.You get bad thoughts.I experienced it too.When I was new to Islam.I experienced it too.
Now you are saying that some thoughts come to your mind intentionally.
DOES NOT MATTER.
IT IS FORGIVEN.
YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO GO AGAINST ALLAH's ORDERS.ALLAH HAS SAID IT IS FORGIVEN.SO WHO ARE YOU?
What evidence is there that it is forgiven?
This Hadith.
Al-Bukhaari (5269) and Muslim (127) also narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, will forgive my ummah for whatever crosses their minds so long as they do not act upon it or speak of it.”
If Shaytaan disturbs you again or these thoughts come to your mind,It is upon you to ignore them.
And if you cannot,they are forgiven.
No need to go further.Do not bow to iblees.And trust Allah.
Here a few answers which deal with this.
https://islamqa.info/en/99324
https://islamqa.info/en/25778
https://islamqa.info/en/39684
https://islamqa.info/en/210592
https://islamqa.info/en/7491

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!