/* */

PDA

View Full Version : southwestern VA

serena77
11-02-2010, 11:58 PM
hi
I'm a little hestitant and even a bit embarrased to write this..... but there is no outlet in southwestern virginia that i can find ( think somewhere around the NC line ) .... greensboro, roanoke... i know.... but are there any other people in the area that would be willing to talk ( answer questions.. give feedback... ) i won't be upset if no one is in the area...or no one who is chooses to reply.... i just wanted to throw it out there.

Thank you
Salaam
Serena

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-03-2010, 12:05 AM
I have been to Va a few times, I was surprised by the large Muslim population they have.. a friend of mine was always fond of this one chinese place and I'd always drive her down from DC. to va just so she'd have some of that orange chicken lol.. needless to say I'd always see many Muslims there masha'Allah.. I am going to contact brother of mine to see if he can put you in touch with the right people insha'Allah.. let me know if you are uncomfortable with this and I won't contact him on your behalf..

:w:

serena77
11-03-2010, 12:10 AM
salaam
not uncomfortable w/ that all at all.. but from my experience they are in large cities and even more so up north even in the smaller areas... but sure... if he knows of anyone that would be great.
Serena

جوري
11-03-2010, 12:13 AM
great insha'Allah I'll forward this thread to him.. he is usually slow to reply but always does.. insha'Allah he can direct you to the right community!

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
PouringRain
11-03-2010, 01:22 AM
Have you tried putting your zip code in here: http://www.islamicfinder.org/

I dunno where exactly you are, but it gives one in Danville, VA; or if you are more west than that, there is one across the border in Johnson City, TN; also Greensboro, NC; etc. Maybe you can search out your zip code or other zip codes near you. You can also search by state. If there are any colleges near you, look and see if they have an Islamic student group or anything.

Do you have a vehicle to be able to drive also?

serena77
11-03-2010, 01:25 AM
pouring rain
thanks id done so much to try and find the one in danvile.. I knew it had once existed.... butthen i couldn't find it.. .so i may give them a call if nothing else tomorrow. Thank you so much
Serena

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!