/* */

PDA

View Full Version : question on ghusl - need answers ASAP

sophie22
11-03-2010, 07:32 AM
hi i am planning to start doing salah soon, but i have some questions:

-will ghusl be valid if pubic hair and underarm hair is not plucked or shaved or trimmed?
-will ghusl still be valid if i do not clean my private parts three times with a cloth perfumed with musk?

thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jaanat
11-11-2010, 12:14 AM
Salam,

Actually I am new to this site as well but I felt bad that your waiting one week for an answer and performing your prayer.
I will like to advise you from my experience. Please anyone correct me if I am wrong.
Sister in order to pray. You must be clean. What I mean by this is:

You must not have any hair on your private parts.
- Having about a inch or less of hair on your private parts, makes your prayer not kabuled.

You must then clean your private parts.

Then you perform your wudu.

InshAllah you will yourself feel clean. Just get rid of the pubic hair and wash your private parts. I don't know about underarms but I remember being told that I have to shave them off.

I hope someone else with more knowledge about these matters helps you out.
Till then please follow what I wrote because I do feel that you have to shave all your pubic hair off. I know for sure you have to.

Thanks
May Allah be with you.

sabr*
11-11-2010, 02:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sophie22
hi i am planning to start doing salah soon, but i have some questions:
format_quote Originally Posted by sophie22

-will ghusl be valid if pubic hair and underarm hair is not plucked or shaved or trimmed?
-will ghusl still be valid if i do not clean my private parts three times with a cloth perfumed with musk?
thanks
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Ukhti sophie22:

Your first question regarding Ghusl (Ritual washing or bathing) being valid if fitra (nature) isn't performed. Not performing fitra if intentionally not performed is violating the Sunna but isn't one of the acts that invalidate Ghusl. (Read all the dalil (evidence) below)

Your second question regarding not cleaning your private parts three times (which was the Sunnah of Nabi Muhammad ) with a cloth perfumed with musk? Musk isn't obligatory.

Ghusl (غسل) is a arabic term referring to a complete ablution of the entire body(ritual washing) required by Islam for various rituals and prayers. The ablution becomes mandatory for any adult Muslim after having sexual intercourse, any semenal or sexual discharge, completion of the menstrual cycle, after giving birth and death by natural causes.

It is recommended (imustahab) a Muslim performs the full ablution before the Friday Prayer Service (Jummu'ah) and 'Id Salat, before entering the Ihram in preparation for hajj, after having lost consciousness, and before formally converting to Islam.

The performance of Ghusl:
  1. Start by making niyyah (intention) to perform Ghusl and cleanse thy self of impurities.
  2. Wash the right hand up to and including the wrist (and between the fingers) three times, then similarly for the left hand.
  3. Wash the private parts and remove dirt or filth from the body.
  4. Perform wudu (ablution). Ensure that the mouth and nostrils are thoroughly rinsed THRICE. If sitting on a stool or stone while bathing then the feet should also be washed when performing wudu. But if sitting in a muddy place, feet should not be washed at this stage.
  5. Water should be poured over the head three times so that it flows all over the body.
  6. Pour water over both the shoulders three times each. Hands should be passed all over the body when water is poured so that no part of the body is left dry.
  7. Move to a clean spot and wash the feet.(If using water that is poured and no drain) (Not necessary if performing Ghusl in shower with water draining).
Surah Al Ma'idah 5:6

6. O you who believe! When you intend to offer As-Salat (the prayer), wash your faces and your hands (forearms) up to the elbows, rub (by passing wet hands over) your heads, and (wash) your feet up to ankles . If you are in a state of Janaba (i.e. had a sexual discharge), purify yourself (bathe your whole body). But if you are ill or on a journey or any of you comes from answering the call of nature, or you have been in contact with women (i.e. sexual intercourse) and you find no water, then perform Tayammum with clean earth and rub therewith your faces and hands. Allah does not want to place you in difficulty, but He wants to purify you, and to complete His Favour on you that you may be thankful.
(Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan translation)

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 5, Number 257:

Narrated Maimuna:

I placed water for the bath of the Prophet. He washed his hands twice or thrice and then poured water on his left hand and washed his private parts. He rubbed his hands over the earth (and cleaned them), rinsed his mouth, washed his nose by putting water in it and blowing it out, washed his face and both forearms and then poured water over his body. Then he withdrew from that place and washed his feet.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 5, Number 265:

Narrated Maimuna:

I placed water for the bath of Allah's Apostle and he poured water over his hands and washed them twice or thrice; then he poured water with his right hand over his left and washed his private parts (with his left hand). He rubbed his hand over the earth and rinsed his mouth and washed his nose by putting water in it and blowing it out. After that he washed his face, both fore arms and head thrice and then poured water over his body. He withdrew from that place and washed his feet.

Fitra

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 72, Number 777:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Five practices are characteristics of the Fitra: circumcision, shaving the pubic region, clipping the nails and cutting the moustaches short."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 72, Number 779:

Narrated Abu Huraira :

I heard the Prophet saying. "Five practices are characteristics of the Fitra: circumcision, shaving the pubic hair, cutting the moustaches short, clipping the nails, and depilating the hair of the armpits."

Jazakumullahu Khair

Muhammad
11-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

format_quote Originally Posted by Jaanat
You must not have any hair on your private parts.
- Having about a inch or less of hair on your private parts, makes your prayer not kabuled.
Is there any source for this? I was of the understanding that this is not the case. Please see the following:
Shaving the pubic hair – the hair that grows around the private parts – is part of the sunan al-fitrah (actions that befit the natural state of man). They should not be left without shaving for more than forty days because of the proven hadeeth to that effect. However, leaving them for more than forty days does not have any effect on the validity of a person’s prayer, and to say that it does reflects ignorance of the pure sharee’ah.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/126

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/1177/
This is the only thing I could find in relation to this question, Allaah (swt) knows best.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/101779/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Amoeba
11-16-2010, 03:15 PM
This is a lot of new information I never knew before, particularly concerning cleaning of the private parts after menstruation.

What, regarding perfume, is permissible? I don't have access to any musk and they don't sell any musk here that isn't watered down with alcohol and other chemicals (or isn't completely synthetic). My skin is also highly sensitive and even mild and non-scented soaps can irritate it. I also can't stand perfume at all and it makes me feel ill and gives me migraines. I couldn't bear to imagine the pain and irritation that it would cause on such a sensitive area. How can a woman perfume herself if perfume is such a harmful and toxic substance? Are there such things as non-toxic or natural perfumes and if so, does anybody have any recommendations?

Masriya
11-16-2010, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amoeba
This is a lot of new information I never knew before, particularly concerning cleaning of the private parts after menstruation. What, regarding perfume, is permissible? I don't have access to any musk and they don't sell any musk here that isn't watered down with alcohol and other chemicals (or isn't completely synthetic). My skin is also highly sensitive and even mild and non-scented soaps can irritate it. I also can't stand perfume at all and it makes me feel ill and gives me migraines. I couldn't bear to imagine the pain and irritation that it would cause on such a sensitive area. How can a woman perfume herself if perfume is such a harmful and toxic substance? Are there such things as non-toxic or natural perfumes and if so, does anybody have any recommendations?
Asalamu Alaikum

You don't have to use musk especially if you can't find it or perfume either. Just stick with soap and water and the soap doesn't even have to be perfumed. You could use antibacterial soap. The point is to become clean. Especially that perfume has a bad effect on you.

sabr*
11-17-2010, 12:12 AM
This is a lot of new information I never knew before, particularly concerning cleaning of the private parts after menstruation.

What, regarding perfume, is permissible? I don't have access to any musk and they don't sell any musk here that isn't watered down with alcohol and other chemicals (or isn't completely synthetic). My skin is also highly sensitive and even mild and non-scented soaps can irritate it. I also can't stand perfume at all and it makes me feel ill and gives me migraines. I couldn't bear to imagine the pain and irritation that it would cause on such a sensitive area. How can a woman perfume herself if perfume is such a harmful and toxic substance? Are there such things as non-toxic or natural perfumes and if so, does anybody have any recommendations?

Ukhti Amoeba:

Natural homepathic remedies are usually the best way to cure odors after a females menstruation. The woman has a self cleaning environment and does not need foreign chemicals introduced into it. Medical doctors don't even recommend using over the counter aids.

Most odors are usually caused by an imbalance of the naturally occurring bacteria which normally resides there without problem. The different strains co-exist and are balanced by the slightly acidic PH level. When the PH level is disrupted, an overgrowth of harmful bacteria usually occurs and it is this which causes your symptoms.

Eat a small pot of live yogurt daily and some say internally which increases the levels of healthy bacteria.

Usually an unpleasant odor is a result of the very common condition known as bacterial vaginosis.

Know your body and always have an open discussion with your doctor. Allah has created us and we are not unpure or should be ashamed about anything natural.

Using perfumed soaps create a odor.

http://www.getridofvaginalodor.com/

Some of the best Non-perfumed body cream and Non-perfumed soaps:

1. A probiotic that is in powdered form and mix with water
2. Dr. Bronner's soap that cleanses

This post was submitted with the best intention and the best construction should be applied.

If you have a negative intent you will usually apply it.

Jazakumullahu Khair

Amoeba
11-17-2010, 08:10 AM
I'm confused. It said to deodorise if she is able to, not only if she experiences a particular odour. I don't have any odour problem I'm just trying to follow the rules. So... even if the woman experiences no odour, is she to deodorise or not (if not by perfumes, then even by some other means)?

sabr*
11-17-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm confused. It said to deodorise if she is able to, not only if she experiences a particular odour. I don't have any odour problem I'm just trying to follow the rules. So... even if the woman experiences no odour, is she to deodorise or not (if not by perfumes, then even by some other means)?

Ukhti Amoeba:

Just covered the entire topic of cleansing. Provided information that deodorizing, perfumes and scents cause many problems in most cases.

Some of the best Non-perfumed body cream and Non-perfumed soaps:

1. A probiotic that is in powdered form and mix with water
2. Dr. Bronner's soap that cleanses

Jazakumullahu Khair

S.Belle
11-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Are there such things as non-toxic or natural perfumes and if so, does anybody have any recommendations?

an apple cider vinegar rinse would do fine
just get a cup and pour a little amount of it (about 1-2 tablespoons u dont need alot bc it is rather strong) and dilute it with water (until the cup is full).
Apple cider vinegar has a strong smell but it is a natural deoterizer and germ killer (the smell goes away once it dries but you can get some essential oils if it bothers you).
Do this about every 2 weeks or after your menstrual cycle.

sabr*
11-17-2010, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila

an apple cider vinegar rinse would do fine
just get a cup and pour a little amount of it (about 1-2 tablespoons u dont need alot bc it is rather strong) and dilute it with water (until the cup is full).
Apple cider vinegar has a strong smell but it is a natural deoterizer and germ killer (the smell goes away once it dries but you can get some essential oils if it bothers you).
Do this about every 2 weeks or after your menstrual cycle.

Ukhti Mila:

Jazakumullahu Khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!