/* */

PDA

View Full Version : days you are not supposed to fast

anonymous
11-03-2010, 12:13 PM
salaam

I just wanted to know what days you are not allowed to fast on - i know its the two eids but can you fast on the days of hajj before eid -

are there any other days which you are not allowed to fast on and what month and date are they??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
11-04-2010, 12:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
salaam

I just wanted to know what days you are not allowed to fast on - i know its the two eids but can you fast on the days of hajj before eid -

are there any other days which you are not allowed to fast on and what month and date are they??
Asalaamu Alaikum, jazakallahu khayran for your question. It is forbidden to fast on both Eids. It is disliked to single out a Saturday to fast because this is the day of the Jews as well as fasting just on Friday unless these days happened to fall on a day that one habitually fasts like the day of Ashura, Arafah, 13th, 14th, 15th of each month, the 6 fasts of Shawwal or if one is making kaffarah etc. It is also disliked to single out a Friday to fast unless one fasts a day before or after it.

The days that fasting is recommended apart from Ramadan are:

*Mondays and Thursdays - this was Sunnah of Rasullallah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam).

*The White Days (the 13th, 14th and 15th of each Islamic lunar month)

*15th of Shabaan - The majority of ulema say this fast is mushtahabb.

* 6 fasts of the month of Shawwal

*The day of Ashura - the 9th and 10th of Muharram (or the 10th and the 11th).

***The best fasting of all was the fasting of Hadrat Dawud (AS) which was fasting on alternate days (One day on one day off etc)

* The first 9 days of Dhul hijjah. If one cannot keep all 9 then fast on the day of Arafaat which is the 9th of Dhul Hijjah

Please refer to this thread:

10 Steps to Maximising the First Ten Days of Dhul Hijjah

http://www.islamicboard.com/umrah-ha...ul-hijjah.html

And Allah knows best in all matters

anonymous
11-04-2010, 09:06 AM
salaam -

thankyou for you quick reply -

so if i wanted to make up for missed fasts - would it be ok to start fasting on a friday as i plan on keeping fasts all week InshaAllah -

and just to clarify the only days you cannot fast are on both eids - beacuse im sure there is one other day you are not supposed to fast on - but im not sure when this is ???

Rafeeq
11-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Yes you can fast starting from Friday.

Other few days when one can not fast are subject to female class when they are observing their cycle.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!