/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Missing salat prayers this Sat

Aishath
11-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Assalaamu alaykum

Thank you for taking the time to read my many posts in this forum.

Lately I have been trying to make sure I don't miss a single prayer. I try and wake up for Fajr prayers and pray on campus if need be and so on. However, this Saturday I am taking part in this charity event which means we leave at 7am and get taken a 100 miles away from our homes and we make our way back. It raises money for some good causes.

When I signed up for this and got allocated to my group, I did not think about the implications it might have on my prayers mostly because I did not take into account the day light saving time changing on 31st of November.

I can obviously do Fajr prayer and I am hoping we are back by about 2pm latest so that way I won't miss any prayers insha Allah. However, there is no guarantee that I might be able to make it back in time for the Dhuhr prayer.

What is the best course of action? What's much worse is shaytan has struck again and telling me that if I miss a single prayer on this particular day, I am doomed to go to Hell. I'm ignoring this thought especially after the advice given to me by Brother Hamza because it's not up to shaytan to tell me I'm going to hell.

Is it possible for me to pray Dhuhr prayer prior to the time or if I do miss it, should I do it Qadha? I intend to try and pray all prayers that day but if I do miss one, I intend to come home and pray it qadha.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
11-04-2010, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aileen
Assalaamu alaykum

Thank you for taking the time to read my many posts in this forum.

Lately I have been trying to make sure I don't miss a single prayer. I try and wake up for Fajr prayers and pray on campus if need be and so on. However, this Saturday I am taking part in this charity event which means we leave at 7am and get taken a 100 miles away from our homes and we make our way back. It raises money for some good causes.

When I signed up for this and got allocated to my group, I did not think about the implications it might have on my prayers mostly because I did not take into account the day light saving time changing on 31st of November.

I can obviously do Fajr prayer and I am hoping we are back by about 2pm latest so that way I won't miss any prayers insha Allah. However, there is no guarantee that I might be able to make it back in time for the Dhuhr prayer.

What is the best course of action? What's much worse is shaytan has struck again and telling me that if I miss a single prayer on this particular day, I am doomed to go to Hell. I'm ignoring this thought especially after the advice given to me by Brother Hamza because it's not up to shaytan to tell me I'm going to hell.

Is it possible for me to pray Dhuhr prayer prior to the time or if I do miss it, should I do it Qadha? I intend to try and pray all prayers that day but if I do miss one, I intend to come home and pray it qadha.
Asalaamu Alaikum sis, what country are you from?

Aishath
11-04-2010, 12:06 AM
UK, Reading.

Aishath
11-04-2010, 12:07 AM
I just realised - I meant day light saving happening on the 31st of October, not November.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
11-04-2010, 12:31 AM
I just realised - I meant day light saving happening on the 31st of October, not November.
My sister i do have to mention that to travel more than 77 km without your mahram is not permissable. Even to travel less that 77 km without a mahram is not recommended. Will you be travelling with a mahram?

Aishath
11-04-2010, 11:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
My sister i do have to mention that to travel more than 77 km without your mahram is not permissable. Even to travel less that 77 km without a mahram is not recommended. Will you be travelling with a mahram?
This is much less than 77km though. I am afraid I don't have a mahram with me in UK since I am here to complete my degree and my family is back home and I am not married

Hamza Asadullah
11-04-2010, 05:20 PM
This is much less than 77km though. I am afraid I don't have a mahram with me in UK since I am here to complete my degree and my family is back home and I am not married
Asalaamu Alaikum sister. This is a more detailed explanation on "The Ruling on Women Travelling without a Mahram":

http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/wtravel1.htm

In the UK Dhuhr starts around 11:50 am and ends around 2:40 pm so you can pray Dhuhr before you leave if you leave around those times. If you travel for more than 48 miles then you can pray 2 Rakat Fard of Dhuhr at that place where you are travelling to.

If you leave before Dhuhr starts and you know you will arrive late and therefore miss the Dhuhr prayer then you should take all reasonable measures to ensure that you stop at a service station and quickly pray the Fard Salaah there. If you have taken all reasonable measures and it is still not possible to pray your Dhuhr Salaah by any other means then you will have to pray it whilst sitting down in the car but you will have to make up for this prayer when you get home.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Aishath
11-04-2010, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
you should take all reasonable measures to ensure that you stop at a service station and quickly pray the Fard Salaah there.
I didn't think about the service stations. Do you know if (in UK), there is a room available for me to pray in train stations though? Cz we are travelling by train and leaving before dhuhr prayer.

Aishath
11-05-2010, 07:04 AM
Actually it's ok. I've decided not to go on this anymore. Thank you for your help though

Ramadhan
11-05-2010, 07:31 AM
I didn't think about the service stations. Do you know if (in UK), there is a room available for me to pray in train stations though? Cz we are travelling by train and leaving before dhuhr prayer.

You can do your shalah sitting down in the train. You just move your head up and down to replace rukoo and sujood.
You can even do tayammum in stead of wudoo if widoo is not possible.

This is what I do (and countless other muslims do) whenever I'm traveling in a car, train and plane and it's time to do the shalah fard.

And there is also allowance to do jama' awal or jama' akhir (meaning you combine your dhuhur with ashr, either during dhuhur time -jama' awal- or during asr time -jama' akhir-) if you are traveling out of town.

Hamza Asadullah
11-05-2010, 07:32 AM
No prob sis may Allah reward your good intentions

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!