/* */

PDA

View Full Version : mahram ?

serena77
11-04-2010, 01:04 AM
okay so i saw in another post about how a mahram has to go w/ a female if they travel.... was it more than 77 kilometers... but what if someone is the only revert in a family and no one to go w/ them.. does tht mean they are just unable to travel at all ?
sorry for the ignorance question
Serena

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
11-04-2010, 01:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by serena77
okay so i saw in another post about how a mahram has to go w/ a female if they travel.... was it more than 77 kilometers... but what if someone is the only revert in a family and no one to go w/ them.. does tht mean they are just unable to travel at all ?
Serena

serena77
11-04-2010, 01:16 AM
to ask on the other thread seemed to be something that could derail the other thread and i simply did not want to do that. I was trying to be respectful of the originial poster from the other thread. if that was an error .. my sincere apologies.
Serena

Cabdullahi
11-04-2010, 01:21 AM
to ask on the other thread seemed to be something that could derail the other thread and i simply did not want to do that. I was trying to be respectful of the originial poster from the other thread. if that was an error .. my sincere apologies.
Serena
Dont worry ...... about it...those who are in charge are very nice people...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
11-04-2010, 01:01 PM
hmmm interesting question, never thought about that.
I remember reading and will inshaAllah find source that in case of necessity (and this was for hajj) if a woman didnt have a mahram she could travel with a trustworthy group of women. But that is one opinion and a scholar should be asked about this specific question

Hamza Asadullah
11-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Serena
Asalaamu Alaikum, Your question is answered here:

You may consider your non-Muslim father as your Mahram, thus uncover (parts of the body that can be exposed in front Mahrams) in front of him.

Imam al-Kasani (Allah have mercy on him) states:

�A Mahram is one with whom marriage is permanently unlawful� whether this Mahram is a free person or a slave, for slavery is not contrary to close relationship (mahramiyya), and whether he is a Muslim, a non-Muslim or an atheist (mushrik), for a non-Muslim Mahram normally safeguards her, except that he is a fire worshipper, for he considers marriage with her to be permissible.� (Bada�i al-Sana�i, 2/124)

However, if there is a fear of temptation (fitna) on either side or you fear that by kissing him, he will have evil thoughts and desires, you must avoid uncovering in front of him and kissing him. The jurists (fuqaha) have stated that, covering becomes necessary even in front of Mahrams if there is a fear of Fitna or desire.

Today we live in a time where sexual impropriety is becoming common in non-Muslims, thus one must be careful. If your non-Muslim father is old or you feel that he will have no evil thoughts, then it would be permitted to remove your Hijab in front of him and kiss him.

And Allah knows best

Muhammad ibn Adam al-Kawthari

Taken from: http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...=3116&CATE=143

serena77
11-04-2010, 09:21 PM
yea my stepfather would never go on an extended trip me w/ ...
its not that he doesnt' like me does but i think he'd rather wake up w/a scorpion in his bed than have to do such a thing.
thank you for the answers.
Serena

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!