/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally supporting Israel

HAWA*~
11-04-2010, 01:32 AM
I bought this product only to find out later that the company supports Israel or Israeli farmers:heated:. They also apparently support palestinian farmers also ( they believe in co-existence) but I do not want any of money going to Israeli in any shape or form.
I cannot return it so what should I do, should I throw it out? would it be haram to use it? I dont plan on buying it again knowing what I know now.
Jazakhallah Khayr for any replies in advance

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tyrion
11-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Uhmmm... I wouldn't stress out too much over it. You didn't know at the time of purchase, so you didn't really do anything wrong. :p Also, it would be a waste to just throw it out now, whatever it is...

innocent
11-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Tell us what it is so that we can avoid buying it as well.

'Abd Al-Maajid
11-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Umm...Well I wouldn't stress over it either. Even if something produced by Israelis are the only quality product available then I would not mind buying it and even recommend it to others. Did not Prophet S.A.W.S trade with Jews during wars? (just a question)
Chill, sister! :)

My 2 paise.:p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
marwen
11-04-2010, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HAWA*~
I cannot return it so what should I do, should I throw it out? would it be haram to use it?
The problem is in giving money to israelis who are using that money to make new weapons and murder innocent muslims. If you can't retrieve your money and return back the product you bought, then nothing wrong with benefiting from that product. But don't buy that product again.
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
Did not Prophet S.A.W.S trade with Jews during wars? (just a question)
Correct, the Prophet S.A.W did trade with jews, and he left his shield with a Jew to give him food in exchange. But Unless our trade with jews won't help them murder muslims, not like today's zionists.

Samiro
11-04-2010, 01:24 PM
It is inevitable for this to happen seeing as how many products come from Israel. If you know its from there, it is better to avoid it (unless there is no other way), but if you didnt know then dont beat yourself up about it.

There are a lot of Israeli dates, such as Jordan River. Before ramadan they always hand out these flyers at my mosque to boycott them. Im sure many of us accidentally bought these dates.
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
Did not Prophet S.A.W.S trade with Jews during wars? (j
You have to differentiate Jews from zionists. ;)

'Abd Al-Maajid
11-04-2010, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
Correct, the Prophet S.A.W did trade with jews, and he left his shield with a Jew to give him food in exchange. But Unless our trade with jews won't help them murder muslims, not like today's zionists.
Thank you, brother for pointing out this. I knew it but could not dare posting it here...:ermm: My such posts find their way to the recycle bin.<_<
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiro
You have to differentiate Jews from zionists. ;)
I have to agree with you on this. :ermm: But were not Jews of that era as devious as today's Zionists are?

HAWA*~
04-02-2011, 08:50 PM
The product is Dr.Bronner's Castile soap
drbronner dot com

I bought it because it's all natural or so I've heard. You can brush your teeth with, clean your house with it, take a shower with it, wash your clothes with it etc. I sound like an infomercial.
Thank you all kindly for the replies.

Hamza Asadullah
04-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Asalaamu alaikum, Use it as there is no point in throwing it away. Just learn from this as in being more careful nect time to ensure products you buy are not made in Israel. Also avoid Starbucks as i see a lot of Muslims using it.

And Allah knows best in all matters.

Aztec-Revert19
04-03-2011, 12:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu alaikum, Use it as there is no point in throwing it away. Just learn from this as in being more careful nect time to ensure products you buy are not made in Israel. Also avoid Starbucks as i see a lot of Muslims using it.

And Allah knows best in all matters.
Salaam alykum to everyone :)

Starbucks? Does that have connections to Israel? O__O
Oh man... I have been buying from there :(

But isn't there a certain bar-code or something, that shows where the money is going to?

Hamza Asadullah
04-03-2011, 01:10 AM
Asalaamu alaikum. Star = Star of David = Symbol of Israel and its flag. Bucks = Money. So Starbucks stands for money for Israel.

It is sufficient just to look at the label to see where the product comes from. If need be then one can also research Israeli food manufacturers which sell their products in ones country.

Anf Allah knows best in all matters

Woodrow
04-03-2011, 01:13 AM
Sadly it is impossible to buy a Palestinian made product without helping Israel either. But I do not think we should boycott Palestinian products.

the world of exports has reached were it is impossible to buy any imported product from anyplace without indirectly helping Israel or any other country we would like to boycott.

Aztec-Revert19
04-03-2011, 01:21 AM
Asalaamu alaikum. Star = Star of David = Symbol of Israel and its flag. Bucks = Money. So Starbucks stands for money for Israel.

It is sufficient just to look at the label to see where the product comes from. If need be then one can also research Israeli food manufacturers which sell their products in ones country.

That does not seem like a good correlation to make...
I looked into it. All I am getting is this one guy supported Zionism, but starbucks itself downplayed it. Starbucks denies that any money goes to the Israeli army.

Woodrow
04-03-2011, 01:46 AM

LOL Starbuck is an English family name.

This very rare name is locational and derives from the Village of Starbeck, near Harrogate in Yorkshire, formerly spelt 'Starbok'. This original spelling which appears in the 1086 Domesday Book, indicates a Norse-Viking pre 9th Century origin 'Stor-Bokki', literally 'Great River'. This description would have referred to the River Wharfe, formerly a major navigable river in that area,

Read more: http://www.surnamedb.com/Surname/Starbuck#ixzz1IQ3nQVLc

SOURCE

Starbucks coffee was named after the first mate (Starbuck) in the book "Moby Dick" by Herman Melville.

But going back to the originaly topic, if the product is halal and yo bought it honestly and in good faith there should be no reason to use it. However, once you learn the origin and you believe it is supporting a haram activity, it is probably best to stop buying it.

Another thought-- keep in mind nearly every Product a Palestinian buys is made in Israel and nearly every employed Palestinian works for an Israeli owned business.

Tyrion
04-03-2011, 03:11 AM
Haha, wow... I really hope you're not serious...

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-03-2011, 03:13 AM
Star = Star of David = Symbol of Israel and its flag. Bucks = Money. So Starbucks stands for money for Israel.

one of them conspiracy theory comments...

Hamza Asadullah
04-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Obviously they are going to deny their involvement with fundind Israel but Research this properly for yourselves:

Indepth research into Starbucks and why they should be boycotted

http://www.inminds.com/boycott-starbucks.html

Starbucks CEO Calls Himself ‘an Active Zionist,’ but Can You Find It Anywhere o the Web? Barbara Ferguso

http://archive.arabnews.com/?page=4&...d=4&m=8&y=2006

Tyrion
04-03-2011, 09:42 AM
I think pretty much anything you buy in America will end up supporting Israel somehow... Should we boycott everything? :p People shouldn't freak out too much over stuff like this...

Hamza Asadullah
04-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Some companies have a more direct involvement with Israel than others so we should at least try to avoid them if we can.

GuestFellow
04-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Salaam,

I do not think boycotting Israeli products is going to have any impact at all. Then again, it would not hurt to try to avoid as much of their products as possible. Every little helps...

McDonald and Microsoft finance the Hudson Institute. This institute itself supports Israel...

Woodrow
04-03-2011, 03:21 PM
One of the biggest confusions facing the world is the International Corporation set up. Very few businesses are now private owned, I doubt if any international ones are. Because they are corporations they do sell stock. The stock holders are part owners of the company. One of the major businesses in Israel is Investment Brokerage. Today it is safe to assume that the Israeli Investment houses have bought into every business that deals on a global basis. Unless a company is private owned, uses only local labor and local materials and only sells on the local market, it is supporting Israel. Virtually every product now sold in the world can be considered an Israeli product as an Israeli brokerage house will own stock in it.

One of the biggest ironies was the 6 day war. the Egyptian Army used Hakim rifles The Hakim rifles and the ammunition for them were made in Israeli owned factories. Every bullet shot at the Israelis, made money for Israeli investors.

yas2010
04-03-2011, 03:29 PM
http://www.palestinianfairtrade.ps/english.php

I hope this helps. The food products are expensive but you know that they are helping our brothers and sisters in Palestine.
JK

Woodrow
04-03-2011, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yas2010
http://www.palestinianfairtrade.ps/english.php

I hope this helps. The food products are expensive but you know that they are helping our brothers and sisters in Palestine.
JK
Ironically Palestinian products help support Israel. Israel does not recognize Palestine as being a country. For taxation the Palestine Districts (Weat Bank and Gaza) are seen as Districts of Israel and taxed as such. Every thing coming out of Palestine is considered to be an Israeli product.

Palestinian Authority (West Bank/Gaza)

Trade Regulations and Standards

Import and export procedures for WB/G remain tied in large part to Israeli regulations. Ostensibly, the PA has primary control over imports into WB/G, with Israel retaining quantitative control over some imports in key industries such as dairy products. Most WB/G-bound products pass through Israeli ports and so are subject to Israeli customs and security inspection. U.S. companies should work with Palestinian agents and/or the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv and U.S. Consulate General in Jerusalem to determine specific import and export requirements for their goods. Due to the current unrest in the area, transporting goods from Israeli ports to PA areas has been extremely difficult because of the tight blockade imposed by Israel. Exporters should be aware that delays are inevitable and should work out this problem with their customers before shipments are made.
SOURCE

But at least the Palestinian workers and farmers will get a bit more profit when sold through PFTA

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!