/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are gauges haram?

S.Belle
11-04-2010, 11:19 PM
Is it haram to gauge your ears. I started them out but my mom hated it and made me take them out but I am going to try to talk her back into letting me get them (if its permissible) because its just really an oversized earring...kinda.
I cant find anything that says they are haram...does anyone know?
I want reaalllly small ones kinda like this

so its not that bad please and thanks for helping

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
11-04-2010, 11:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
Is it haram to gauge your ears. I started them out but my mom hated it and made me take them out but I am going to try to talk her back into letting me get them (if its permissible) because its just really an oversized earring...kinda.
I cant find anything that says they are haram...does anyone know?
I want reaalllly small ones kinda like this

so its not that bad please and thanks for helping
Like the Maasai in africa??

That is the most disgusting thing ever....good luck with your hula hoop ears :thumbs_up

its an extreme body modification....and it might fall under the category of filing the teeth and tattoos which are both haram

Im not sure Allah knows best!

~Raindrop~
11-04-2010, 11:49 PM
It's permissible to pierce your ears the way you mentioned..just stay away from those humongous ones like this one :P

S.Belle
11-05-2010, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
That is the most disgusting thing ever....good luck with your hula hoop ears

lol i agree that is why i want small and discreet ones about the width of a toothpick that why i can take them out and still wear earrings.

it might fall under the category of filing the teeth and tattoos which are both haram
that is what i thought but i dont see anything about ears

format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
It's permissible to pierce your ears the way you mentioned..just stay away from those humongous ones like this one :P
so its permissible to get them gauged?...or are you saying its permissible to get my ears pierced bc i already have them pierced i just want to stick something about the size of a toothpick through the holes.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
11-05-2010, 06:00 PM

so its permissible to get them gauged?...or are you saying its permissible to get my ears pierced bc i already have them pierced i just want to stick something about the size of a toothpick through the holes.
and why is that???

what are you going to get out of doing that?.....what if you decide to make your ears like hula hoops and then you decide to change your mind later on....how will you reverse what you did

your ears are going to whistle on windy days...

S.Belle
11-05-2010, 06:52 PM
what are you going to get out of doing that?.....what if you decide to make your ears like hula hoops and then you decide to change your mind later on....how will you reverse what you did
i do not wish to make my ears look like hula hoops i just want them the width of about toothpicks i have done it before(twice) and took them out and my piercings went back to their normal size anything pass a 20 gauge is permenant I do not want my earlobes to be permanently strecthed at a width that is ridiculous and when I'm like 60 i dont want earlobes that touch my shoulders +o(.

Woodrow
11-05-2010, 07:05 PM
:sl:

As far as being haram or halal, I can not provide verification to prove it one way or the other. I do assume it to be haram, as I can not see how it would differ from tooth filling or wearing gold teeth, but that is just my opinion.

I do know that if you have it done, one day your Grandchildren will hear about it, laugh at you and say "I can't believe you were so dumb to do that."

S.Belle
11-06-2010, 12:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I do know that if you have it done, one day your Grandchildren will hear about it, laugh at you and say "I can't believe you were so dumb to do that."

.....true..lol i really want it but i dont think i will do it because no one seems to know if its haram or not....what about a tragus or industrial piercing is that fine or is it just the lobes that can be pierced?

S.Belle
12-09-2010, 03:11 AM
what about a tragus or industrial piercing is that fine or is it just the lobes that can be pierced?
bump does anyone know if that ^ is permissible?

ardianto
12-09-2010, 09:55 AM
:sl:

From Ulama fatawa that I have found, use earring and pierce the ears is HALAL for women.

Unfortunately, regarding my bad English, I can't translate those fatawa, but I can give you names of Ulama who issued that fatawa and references which those fatawa mentioned.

Syaikh Muhammad Ibn Shalih Al-Utsaimin.
[Fatawa wa Rasa'il Syaikh Ibnu Utsaimin 4/137. See : Fatawa Lajnah Daimah 5/121]

Syaikh Abdullah Al-Fauzan
[Zinatul Mar'ah, Syaikh Al-Fauzan. Page 54]

أبو سليمان عمر
12-09-2010, 09:58 AM
insha Allah i will call a few shuokh tomorrow morning and asking insha Allah that is assume that i can explain what they are to them insha Allah but i would think that it is not permissible isnt it imitating the kufr? im not sure but insha Allah i will call around tomorrow and ask

Cabdullahi
12-09-2010, 04:59 PM
just pierce ur ears thats it

S.Belle
12-09-2010, 05:15 PM
^ i have my ear lobes pierced but i want my ears pierced again (but not on my lobes) i want to know it if it is permissible to pierce them anywhere other than the lobes. And I dont want to get them pierced and then find out it was not permissible then end up taking them out b4 the piercing heals.

format_quote Originally Posted by أبو سليمان عمر
insha Allah i will call a few shuokh tomorrow morning and asking insha Allah that is assume that i can explain what they are to them insha Allah but i would think that it is not permissible isnt it imitating the kufr? im not sure but insha Allah i will call around tomorrow and ask
inshallah thnks

GuestFellow
12-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Salaam,

I think your ears are fine as it is.

أبو سليمان عمر
12-10-2010, 07:36 AM
asalamu alaykum
in regards to pirceing the top of the ear also so long as it isnt too many meaning going over board then this is permissible if it is to beautify oneself (meaning women) so long if married the husband is willing but if it to imitate a kafir you saw or to be like the kufr then it isnt permissible

as for the guage then it is not permissible because one it is a culture of some and this can fall into imitating and then also it is deformation of Allah creation it is a hole that wont close and changing and i dont know the English word it began with a M and it means to damage or destroy i believe but that too is included so it is not permissible and Allah knows best

Tyrion
12-10-2010, 10:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by أبو سليمان عمر
also it is deformation of Allah creation it is a hole that wont close and changing and i dont know the English word it began with a M and it means to damage or destroy i believe but that too is included so it is not permissible and Allah knows best
Mutilate?

Is that it? Did I win? =D

EDIT: :omg: My 200th post... Wooo :p

*Throws confetti*

Cupcakes for everyone :D

أبو سليمان عمر
12-10-2010, 11:12 AM
yes thats it barak Allah feek

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!