/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hijab

anonymous
11-05-2010, 02:58 AM
Salam
I'm a high schooler who proudly wears hijab however, there are a lot of times where I'm frustrated. When people ask me why I wear it, I tell them I want to be modest and I tell them basically that I want to be known for my personality not my body etc. People just don't understand it, I guess it just does notttt process. They just ask "so why would you even want to be modest?" uff...It makes me so frustrated. I get confused, especially when fellow muslims don't agree with hijab either. I just feel so lonely in my decision. Of course my mother wears it and some of my friends do but I feel like the general public doesn't really understand it at all and finds it weird. wHEN I have the conversation about hijab with some muslims who don't agree with it they say
"it doesnt say in the Quran you have to wear it...why would you cover your hair? I agree with covering the body but why the hair?"
I don't know what to say to that. I chose to wear hijab, it was fully my choice SubhanAllah it was easy and I love it, don't get me wrong. But how do I deal with all these constant remarks? Especially the ones that my fellow muslims make?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tango92
11-05-2010, 09:11 AM
you need to turn the tables, instead of defending your beliefs all the time start questioning the ethics of what they are doing in their own lives. pressurise your muslim sisters to start wearnig the hijab. this is what i do when someone asks me about wearing a hat or my beard.

if someone asks you why do you even want to be modest? be honest, its because it is the command of Allah and whatever personally motivates you towards modesty.

if they say it is not in quran, tell them it is in hadith. if they start questioning hadith authenticity then stick the arguments to them. 1/2 hour research is all it takes. you tell them how to pray salat, how much zakat to give is only found in hadith. etc etc ultimately the religion has no real substance without the hadith.

if you do a little research about the hijab im sure you could easily be confident enough. this is a good oppurtunity for you to spread the message of islam but youve got to be bothered. but remember not to be harsh but to have wisdom in your speech.

marwen
11-05-2010, 10:27 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
"it doesnt say in the Quran you have to wear it...why would you cover your hair? I agree with covering the body but why the hair?"
Who told you that ? did she/he even read the quran.

Quote]
Verses that have to do with hijab:

1 – Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, headcover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband’s fathers, or their sons, or their husband’s sons, or their brothers or their brother’s sons, or their sister’s sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful”
[al-Noor 24:31]

2 – Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And as for women past childbearing who do not expect wedlock, it is no sin on them if they discard their (outer) clothing in such a way as not to show their adornment. But to refrain (i.e. not to discard their outer clothing) is better for them. And Allaah is All‑Hearer, All‑Knower”
[al-Noor 24:60]
“Women past childbearing” are those who no longer menstruate, so they can no longer get pregnant or bear children.
We shall see below the words of Hafsah bint Sireen and the way in which she interpreted this verse.

3 – Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allaah is Ever Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”
[al-Ahzaab 33:59]

4 – Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“O you who believe! Enter not the Prophet’s houses, unless permission is given to you for a meal, (and then) not (so early as) to wait for its preparation. But when you are invited, enter, and when you have taken your meal, disperse without sitting for a talk. Verily, such (behaviour) annoys the Prophet, and he is shy of (asking) you (to go); but Allaah is not shy of (telling you) the truth. And when you ask (his wives) for anything you want, ask them from behind a screen, that is purer for your hearts and for their hearts. And it is not (right) for you that you should annoy Allaah’s Messenger, nor that you should ever marry his wives after him (his death). Verily, with Allaah that shall be an enormity”
[al-Ahzaab 33:53]

source : IslamQA..

there is also many ahadeeth sahiha dealing with Hijab.
[/QUOTE]

Ummu Sufyaan
11-05-2010, 10:33 AM
you just have to solider on. you cant expect people to understand you...its a bonus if they do, but don't hold your breath =)

when non-Muslims ask you, just ask them back why they dont wear it. then they'll reply that its becuase they want to, and so you just say the same back to them. they are going to have a reason for not wearing it, and its the same for you likewise, only it will be a slightly different reason.

teach your fellow Muslims about the deen...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
11-05-2010, 01:55 PM
If nonmuslims ask you why you wear the hijab, use it as a chance to preach to them. Tell them about Islam, about how we are told to wear hijab so we can be recognized as muslim women, how it protects us, etc. Include statements about the Islamic belief and the Prophet (SAW), etc.

As for why we have to cover the hair, ask them why women have hair? why don't women shave their heads when men do? The reason is that the hair is a source of beauty, isn't that why women spend hundreds of dollars on their hair, coloring hair, getting stylish cuts, etc. Since it's a source of woman's beauty, it has to be covered.

Asiyah3
11-05-2010, 02:38 PM

As I was often asked this question by both Muslims and non-Muslims, I tried to search for an answer which could give non-Muslims a nice understanding of the hijab. After a small search I made, I decided it's best not to put too much time in this. Rather I should answer it with a simple answer and take the opportunity to lead the conversation towards Da'wah.

For example,

"Because I’m a Muslim and Islam teaches us to dress modestly (or: God has lead me to wear the Hijab). I believe in Islam and I believe that Islam is the religion of all the Prophets from Adam to Muhammad, peace be upon them..."

Start to introduce Islam to them. I'd personally start from Tawheed. You should also familiarize yourself with their questions so wouldn't come as a shock insha'Allah.

tigerkhan
11-05-2010, 03:52 PM
if i were u and someone muslim ask me such qst; my asnwer will be ....friends its my style..i like this...thats all....its easy method to close their mouths.....no1 augue any more..... But surely i will never let them go....and when i attack them with dawa then they cant stop me....lol....when i was in university...i use to wear turban also..but never any1 object me...rather all my friend ran away by seeing me....bcz they know i say them for tablgh.... so its sure if we dont give dava to ppl to practice islam,,,,surely they will give us dava to leave practicing as they are.......

and if some non muslim ask such....it think i will try to make him understand in polite way thats its obligation in our religion............

aadil77
11-05-2010, 06:21 PM
"so why would you even want to be modest?"
and to the muslims; tell them that covering hair is part of hijab (covering)

Hamza Asadullah
11-06-2010, 02:27 AM
Salam
I'm a high schooler who proudly wears hijab however, there are a lot of times where I'm frustrated. When people ask me why I wear it, I tell them I want to be modest and I tell them basically that I want to be known for my personality not my body etc. People just don't understand it, I guess it just does notttt process. They just ask "so why would you even want to be modest?" uff...It makes me so frustrated. I get confused, especially when fellow muslims don't agree with hijab either. I just feel so lonely in my decision. Of course my mother wears it and some of my friends do but I feel like the general public doesn't really understand it at all and finds it weird. wHEN I have the conversation about hijab with some muslims who don't agree with it they say
I don't know what to say to that. I chose to wear hijab, it was fully my choice SubhanAllah it was easy and I love it, don't get me wrong. But how do I deal with all these constant remarks? Especially the ones that my fellow muslims make?
Asalaamu Alaikum, My Sister don't worry about what other people and the world thinks of you wearing hijaab. Let them percieve you how they want for it is only because they do not understand. Try to explain it to them as best you can and then leave it. Remember your reward is not with them so it is not between you and them and it never was. For it is ONLY between you and Allah and your reward is with Allah and it is ONLY his commandments that your fulfilling and ONLY for him that are you wearing it for no one else.

Therefore do not ever get discouraged for wearing the hijaab as you are weaing it to pleae the one who created you. Also sister because you’re in a mixed school of young Muslims and Non Muslims then inevitably you will get some youngsters who may look at you out of curiosity because of a complete lack of understanding in regards to why you are wearing the hijaab and this is because what you are wearing is different from what they are used to seeing or able to comprehend and understand and a lot of the times people fear what they do not understand.

Therefore explain it as best you can to them in a simple manner and in a kind and gentle way and the leave the rest to them to look into for themselves. Do not get defensive or attack them for enquiring but if they get nasty or rude then ignore it once but if they do it again then inform the teachers and head as discrimination with regards to religious practice should NEVER be tolerated.

It is so unfortunate that even Muslim parents do not inform their children as to why the hijaab is worn. There does not seem to be much difference between Muslim and non Muslim children nowadays and this is a very sad state of affairs. But my sister this is all the more reason for you to be proud that Allah has given you the ability to wear the hijaab and to want to be modest.

My sister hold your head up high and be proud of who you are and your identity as a Muslim women so that others can look you and be inspired and inclined to look into Islam as well so that Allah may open their hearts to the truth! The best dawah (Inviting towards Islam) is good character and manners. Be proud of your identity as a Muslimah. Be proud to hold the banner of Islam where ever you go.

Those so called friends who are a bad influence and talk about boys or have boyfriends, gossip, backbite, lie, slander then completely let go of them from your life for they are not true friends at all. Their company is like poison for you. Just remember that a true friend is the one who will take you towards Paradise and the bad friend is the one who will lead you towards destruction so which friend will you choose? Bad friends will never be your true friends for they will stab you in the back one day if they get the chance. So never take them as friends but try to stick with good sisters who have good characters. Disregard the fakes and find true Muslimah's who are striving themselves and who will help you also to strive as a practising Muslimah.

My sister strive be closer to Allah and make the best of your youth for the worship of youth is the best worship one can do in ones life. But life is uncertain and we keep thinking to ourselves that we will live until old age or until we are old but this is not reality. If one was to go to a Muslim grave yard then one will clearly see Muslims who have died of all ages. Our life can end any second so we need to make the best of now in order to please Allah. Continue to wear your hijaab and be proud to represent yourself as a Muslim. Give dawah to others and if you invite them towards Allah with kindness then Allah may unseal their hearts inshallah and they may come towards Islam. The best speech is the speech of a person who invites towards Allah.

Put your full hopes, trust, faith and reliance upon Allah and always remember that you are doing this for him and be proud of that and show people that your proud to be a Muslimah!

Here is a short poem I found from a new Muslimah who wanted to express how proud she was wearing the hijaab:

As I get ready to go into the outside world
I look in the mirror
What do I see?
My beauty
Then I slip on the hijaab
Why?
I cover my outer beauty
So you take a look at my inner beauty
I step into the cruel and unjust society
Of this "free" country
I look at avoiding eyes and stares
I hear whispering from every side
I think to myself "i am not here to please everyone"
I am here to please Allah
Then I hold my head with the hijaab high
Allah has chosen this jihad for me to overcome
Yes this is my jihad

Here is an article which is very useful inshallah:

Hijaab is a woman's real beauty

It often occurs to me that many of our sisters in Islam are not properly encouraged once they begin to observe the requirements of Hijaab. It may be that a sister has been obliged to wear the Hijaab without truly pondering over its superiority.

Perhaps she has reached the age of puberty and her parents have instructed her to wear it. Perhaps she has recently accepted Islam and her close companions have told her of its obligation. Alternatively, perhaps her husband has commanded her to wear Hijaab.

A sister who does not truly know the superiority of Hijaab will always remain envious of disbelieving women. Why? Because they observe these misguided disbelievers attempting to look beautiful for all to see. Hence, the Muslim woman then compares herself to that woman which causes her to feel ashamed of her own Hijaab.

Therefore, what follows is a reminder for my sisters in Islam. It is a reminder of the true status of these so-called beautiful women. It is a reminder of the excellence of the women who wear Hijaab.

Excellent Qualities of Those who Wear Hijaab:

It is well known that the Muslim woman is a creature of modesty. Allaah loves for our Muslim women to be shielded by their Hijaab. It is their outer protection from the decadence of this life. Allaah's Messenger , said: "Allaah is modest and covering. He loves modesty and privacy." [Abu Daawood, An-Nasaa'i Al-Bayhaqi, Ahmad].

Thus, as modesty is a quality that is loved by Allaah, our sisters must take comfort in knowing that they are modest and that they are not like those women who show themselves off to the world. Such women will not be shielded from Allaah's Wrath. Allaah's Messenger said: "Any woman who takes off her clothes in other than her husband's home, has broken Allaah's shield upon her." [Abu Daawood and At-Tirmithi)

Therefore, we see that the Hijaab of the Muslim woman is indeed part of modesty. Modesty accompanies Eemaan (faith). That is why Allaah's Messenger said: "Modesty is part of Eemaan and Eemaan is in Paradise." [At-Tirmithi]. Also: "Modesty and Eemaan are companions, when one goes away the other one goes away." [Al-Haakim and others]

The Muslim women must know that the disbelieving women who beautify themselves for the world to see possess no modesty, thus, they are void of any Eemaan. Instead of looking to the latest fashion models for guidance, you must look to the wives of the Prophet .

Look at the regard for modesty that our mother, 'Aa'ishah possessed even in the presence of the deceased; she said: "I used to enter the room where the Messenger of Allaah and my father (Abu Bakr) were later buried in without having my garment on me, saying it is only my husband and my father. But when 'Umar bin al-Khattaab was later buried in (the same place), I did not enter the room except that I had my garment on being shy from 'Umar."

It can be quite difficult for the Muslim woman to go out wearing Hijaab in a society that mocks and torments her. Indeed, she may feel strange and out of place. However, if she knows the status of those who are mocked by the disbelievers, then she would continue to wear her Hijaab with dignity.

Allaah Says in His Book (what means): "Verily! The criminals used to laugh at those who believed. And whenever they passed them, used to wink at one another. And when they returned to their own people, they would return jesting. When they saw them, they said: 'These have indeed gone astray!' But they (disbelievers, sinners) had not been sent as watchers over them (the believers). But on this Day those who believe will laugh at the disbelievers. On (high) thrones, looking (at all things). Are not the disbelievers paid (fully) for what they used to do?"
[Quran 83:29-36]

Allaah's Words should serve as a support for you my dear sister. Also, take comfort in being a stranger among these lewd and sinful women. Allaah's Messenger said (what means): "Islam began as something strange, and it would revert to its (old position) of being strange, so good news is for the strangers." [Muslim]

The Characteristics of the Exposed Women:

Instead of practicing the Hijaab (covering), the disbelieving women expose themselves, making a dazzling display of themselves for others. Such a display is an attribute of ignorance. Allaah Says in His Book (what means): "And stay in your houses and do not display yourselves as you used to during the times of ignorance." [Quran 33:33]

Allaah's Messenger said: "The best of your women is the affectionate, the fertile, the comforting, the agreeable -- if they fear Allaah. The most evil of your women are those who expose and display themselves, and those who strut (to show off) and they are the hypocrites. Those who enter al-Jannah (the Paradise) are like the red beaked crow." [Al-Bayhaqi]. The simile of the red-beaked crow is to show that those who enter Paradise will be as rare as this kind crow is rare.

We see from the above Aayah and Hadeeth that displaying oneself is indeed unlawful. Further, it is a quality of the most evil of women! Therefore, do not be envious of the disbelieving women. They only have this life to enjoy, while the believing women will have Paradise. There is nothing in your Hijaab to be ashamed of, as it is the garment of the righteous and pious female worshippers of Allaah.

In order to truly show you how evil those women who expose themselves are, let us ponder over the following statement of Allaah's Messenger : "Of the people of Hell there are two whom I have never seen, the one possessing whips like the tail of an ox and they flog people with them. The second one, women who would be naked in spite of their being dressed, who are seduced (to wrong paths) and seduce others. Their hair is high like the humps of the camel. These women would not enter Paradise, nor will they smell its fragrance, although its fragrance can be sensed from such and such a distance." [Muslim]

These women who expose themselves are common among us today. These are women that even the Prophet did not see! Look around you and you will see those women who are clothed but naked! Look at the hairstyles of the women who expose themselves -- are they not high like the camel's hump?

Perhaps we are the first generation since the time of Aadam(AS) to witness such women. If one ponders over photos taken thirty to fifty years ago, one will see that the disbelieving women did not expose themselves in the manner that their offspring do today! These women are among the people of the Fire! Thus, how can you envy them?

Such lewd women will not even smell the fragrance of Paradise; so our women must avoid their path.

Another lesson from the above hadeeth is that it confirms that what the Prophet (Pbuh), came with is indeed the truth! This is a prophecy that has come to pass in front of our very eyes. Hence, will we continue to envy these evil women, or should we be grateful to our Lord for the Hijaab, which brings modesty, which leads to Paradise?

To sum up, the Muslim woman should abandon all of the ways of the exposed women, and adopt the ways of those who are modest through their love and practice of the proper Islamic Hijaab.

By: Salaah Brooks
[Source: Hudaa Magazine]

I hope inshallah my post was of some benefit. Please remember me in your dua's and never hesitate to share anything you want with us or ask us any questions that you may have for we are here for you and as Muslims we are one!

These threads and articles will help you increase your imaan and maximise the amounf of good deeds you do everyday:

10 Steps to Increasing our Iman(Faith)

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...man-faith.html

How much we will regret the precious seconds we wasted in this world!

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...ted-world.html

How we can get through hardships and trials in our lives

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...our-lives.html

30 ways the youth should spend everyday of their lives!

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...eir-lives.html

Easy Dhikr which is light on the tongue but heavy on the scales!

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...vy-scales.html

My Daily Ibadah (worship) check!

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...hip-check.html

10 steps to getting closer to Allah

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...ser-allah.html

Forty Very Easy, Quick & Rewarding Good Deeds for all of us to do Everyday!

http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...-everyday.html

VERY Rewarding Nafl Salaahs we can Pray Everyday!

http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...-everyday.html

Here are some very beneficial lectures which you should listen to, to increase your imaan and fear of Allah:

Remembrance: ask Allah for his forgiveness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-EK9r3rMzQ

Angel of Death!!! - Sheikh Ahmed Ali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUzRJXlB2uA

HARD HITTING Lecture on HELLFIRE & the Day of JUDGEMENT! يوم القيامة والجحيم

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O6L_fBk7VM

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 1/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWTehIeCOUU

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 2/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXTtk7rWx_U

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 3/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmiD86w9fBc

Islam - Punishment of the Grave by Sheikh Riyadh ul Haq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWb-hYIm2WE

Death and the Grave by Murtaza Khan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r2nzJVecqo

How can we not appreciate what we have after watching this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkEBUC0APMg

AMAZING short speech -"The Goodly Life"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fugf1DcNyc

If you need help, advice or anything at all then please do not hesitate to ask. Please remember me in your duas.

And Allah knows best in all matters

anonymous
11-06-2010, 06:45 AM
Thank you everyone for your positive feedback. It's really helping me, so thank you so so much. May Allah reward you for all your posts.
@Tigerkhan you brought up a really interesting point about friends. I seem to have this problem for being friends with really messed up people. I once was friends with a hijabi who liked smoking and had boyfriends. I like to help people with their problems, and she had a lot. I have friends who are hijabi who talk to guys all the time. You want to know the funniest part? I do none of these things, I never talk to guys for leisure and I would never dream about smoking or drinking like some of them do. Not because I can't, because I don't want to. I'm really trying to leave them alone, but unfortunately hijabis my age in my community are nothing like me.. I guess I just have to let Allah and my family be my best friends for now. Also thank you so much for the links, I will definitely check all of them out. In my culture, hijab isn't regarded as important at all. My family supports me and I feel blessed so I understand...everyone goes through struggles though and inshallah I will get through this one. I just wish some Muslims wouldn't shoot the idea of hijab down, and I wish that when muslim women are chosen to speak on behalf on islam, they should at least wear hijab, you know? I hate injustice, and I hate being seen as an "Extremist" just because I don't want every person to know what my body looks like. Yet we see fat girls in swim suits all the time....haha whatever, inshallah khayr.

tango92
11-06-2010, 07:35 AM
I hate injustice, and I hate being seen as an "Extremist" just because I don't want every person to know what my body looks like.
being called an extremist inshallah will turn into a badge of honor in this life and the next.

tigerkhan
11-06-2010, 01:25 PM
I do none of these things, I never talk to guys for leisure and I would never dream about smoking or drinking like some of them do. Not because I can't, because I don't want to. I'm really trying to leave them alone, but unfortunately hijabis my age in my community are nothing like me.. I guess I just have to let Allah and my family be my best friends for now. Also thank you so much for the links, I will definitely check all of them out. In my culture, hijab isn't regarded as important at all. My family supports me and I feel blessed so I understand...everyone goes through struggles though and inshallah I will get through this one. I just wish some Muslims wouldn't shoot the idea of hijab down, and I wish that when muslim women are chosen to speak on behalf on islam, they should at least wear hijab, you know? I hate injustice, and I hate being seen as an "Extremist" just because I don't want every person to know what my body looks like. Yet we see fat girls in swim suits all the time....haha whatever, inshallah khayr.
Allah SWt reward u for this piouty and purity..and keep u steadfast...

Hamza Asadullah
11-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Thank you everyone for your positive feedback. It's really helping me, so thank you so so much. May Allah reward you for all your posts.
@Tigerkhan you brought up a really interesting point about friends. I seem to have this problem for being friends with really messed up people. I once was friends with a hijabi who liked smoking and had boyfriends. I like to help people with their problems, and she had a lot. I have friends who are hijabi who talk to guys all the time. You want to know the funniest part? I do none of these things, I never talk to guys for leisure and I would never dream about smoking or drinking like some of them do. Not because I can't, because I don't want to. I'm really trying to leave them alone, but unfortunately hijabis my age in my community are nothing like me.. I guess I just have to let Allah and my family be my best friends for now. Also thank you so much for the links, I will definitely check all of them out. In my culture, hijab isn't regarded as important at all. My family supports me and I feel blessed so I understand...everyone goes through struggles though and inshallah I will get through this one. I just wish some Muslims wouldn't shoot the idea of hijab down, and I wish that when muslim women are chosen to speak on behalf on islam, they should at least wear hijab, you know? I hate injustice, and I hate being seen as an "Extremist" just because I don't want every person to know what my body looks like. Yet we see fat girls in swim suits all the time....haha whatever, inshallah khayr.
Asalaamu Alaikum, my sister unfortunatley this is the sad state of affairs in todays society where those who do wear hijaab wear it as nothing more than a fashion accessory and a way of attracting more attention than a girl who does'nt wear hijaab. I must keep away from these fakes because they are like poison to you. You will gain nothing from them but influenced in a bad way. So as you have stated keep Allah and your family as your best friends and ask of Allah to give you good friends who fear Allah. Inshallah within time you will gain these good friends. To those fake hijaabis just give them dawah in a kind way using iwsdom and tact then leave them to it.

If you can then join a sisters circle or halaqa in your local area as in this way you may meet Allah fearing sisters and at the same time be involved with Islamic activities, learning about deen, giving dawah etc

Remember my sister that you are being tested and that is why there are so many people calling you an "extremist" for following your deen. It it means that you are an extremist for following your deen correctly then you should be proud to be one because you are following the commands of Allah whereas others are making a mockery of them. You will continue to get tested but Allah only tests those he wants closer to him so be happy that Allah wants you closer to him. Be even more firm in wear the hijaab correctly and obeying the commands of Allah. Be even more firm not to talk to a non mahram guy and if they ask why then tell them that it is forbidden and you want nothing to do with it. If they hassle you then report them straight away.

When a person is on the right path then they will be tested rigorously and mashallah you are getting through the tests but with this encouragement you have been given and the links i have provided i hope you are even more encouraged now. Remember that your worship in your youth is the best worship anyone can do in their life so make the best of this time before it is gone and there is no guarantee you will live for another day. Make your focus the hereafter and you will gain this world and the hereafter. Do everything to please Allah and refrain from anything that angers Allah. When people accuse you of following your deen properly then be proud not sad and encourage them to do the same in a kind manner and then leave it at that.

Here is an article i wrote a little while back which you may find useful to show especially when giving dawah to those who use hijaab as a fashion accessory:

Hijaab is not a fashion Accessory!

My dear sisters the very purpose of wearing hijaab is to conceal oneself and not to attract unwanted attention upon oneself. But nowadays many of our sisters are making a mockery of hijaab and wearing beaded and such fashionable hijaabs like red and pink and in all the different colours of the rainbow.

Why are sisters wearing hijaabs that really stand out and look attractive and appealing to the eye? They are clearly attracting unwanted attention from men. Is that the purpose of hijaab?

Allah subhaanahu wa ta aala says in His Book:

...and not to reveal their adornments except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful. Suratun-Nur 31

Behavioural psychologists state that a woman who wear red and pink colours are clearly wanting to attract attention upon themselves and are wanting to really make a statement and stand out. Again is this the purpose of hijaab?

On top of that one will see many girls not wearing the hijaab properly. They tuck the hijaab over their ears and reveal their whole neck and wear it in such a fashionable way like a bandana.

They also beautify themselves further by applying lots of make up looking all 'dolled up'. This can be seen everywhere nowadays and is a very sad state of affairs as it goes against the very principles of hijaab which is not to look extra attractive and attract unwanted attention and gazes upon oneself.

The purpose of hijaab is to be inconspicuous not to stand out glowing with make up and various kinds of fashion accessories. Those girls who act like this get more attention from guys than girls who don't wear hijaab at all!

Even scholars have stated that it is not permissible for a girl who wears hijaab to get all 'dolled up' by wearing lots of make up and accessories that further beautify her and make her stand out which clearly attract unwanted attention and gazes from others.

One will also see many girls who wear hijaab wearing the highest of heels which make so much noise when they walk clearly attracting so much attention upon themselves.

Many a time one will see groups of 'hijaabis' walking around the shopping mall or on the high street or university behaving and acting so much more louder than other girls who don't wear hijaab at all. Should one not care how loud one is and attract unwanted attention from guys?

Allah says:

"Be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy, or evil desire for adultery, etc.) should be moved with desire" (Sura Al-Azzab Ayat #32)

Also many a time one will see girls with hijaab wearing knee length leather boots, tight combats and jeans as well as full sleeveless tight and low cut tops. Is this to attract more attention upon themselves? Why would they dress like this when they are wearing a hijaab on their heads? How could they mock and disgrace themselves and the hijaab like that? In actual fact they are mocking the command of Allah upon them. The command of Allah is to conceal ones beauty but why wear hijaab to attract extra attention upon oneself?

The worst of all is when a girl with hijaab is seen publicly holding hands and making out with a boy. Many a time have i and many others seen this. These girls have no shame at all and don't even try to hide it. They are an absolute disgrace to the hijaab, to their families and to themselves. They are also the ones who always get hurt and used and then complain about it afterwards. Why go through the torture of getting hurt and scarred from a haraam relationship? These relationships never work and what impression are girls who wear hijaab and have open haraam relationships making to others?

These girls are tarnishing the respect that girls who wear hijaab properly deserve because guys are starting to get the impression that girls who wear hijaab are the same as girls who don't. To be honest nowadays girls who wear hijaab are acting and dressing worse than girls who don't wear hijaab at all. To these girls hijaab is nothing but a fashion accessory and a means of attracting more men.

Hijaab is inner and outer modesty not just a cloth on ones head or a fashion accessory like how many girls nowadays treat the hijaab. Do these girls think it is an excuse to dress and act how they want?

Women are precious jewels and the beauty of those precious jewels should only be admired and appreciated by her marriage partner not anyone else.

A woman can beautify herself as much as she likes in front of her husband but why beautify yourself for the whole world to admire and lust over? Do you think you will not return to Allah and answer for your actions?

Please sisters seriously look at your intentions in your hearts and ask yourselves why dress and act like this? Is this what hijaab is really about? Or is hijaab so much more deep and meaningful than that.

Ask yourselves are you doing justice to the hijaab your wearing on your head? What do you think Allah is thinking of you right now looking at the way your dress and act whilst you have a hijaab on your head?

Remember we can go at any second and if we were to go in this state then what will we answer to Allah? How will we justify our behaviour?

So my sisters whatever has happened in the past has happened now. Let us move on and repent to Allah that he forgives us and let us have a new beginning. Never again wear tight or inappropriate clothes when going out. Only wear the most minimal of makeup if any when you go out so as to not attract unwanted attention and finally wear a dark coloured hijaab that doesn’t stand out and the jilbaab which is far superior that any type of loose clothing which may hug on the hips and curves.

These are the women that have true beauty for they are the most beautiful in the eyes of Allah and the women are make a mockery of hijaab are the most beautiful to shaythan!

May Allah save our brothers and sisters from all the evil that surrounds us and from our inner desires and the whisper of shaythan and may Allah help us to let carry out his commandments properly and let us not let shaythan have a say in how we carry out our commandments. Ameen

*End of article*

If you ever have anymore questions or want to share your feelings then do not hesitate to ask or share. Please remember us in your dua's.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!