/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Disease

anonymous
11-07-2010, 04:51 AM
Assalamualaikum

I know it common for everyone to have a fear of diseases. But whenever I will get any small pain I come close to Allah but sometimes I think that maybe I have a disease but then I try to think that no it's not a disease I'm just getting too scared of it. I often think that if I got any disease what will I do because the gates of forgiveness will be closed. Whenever I face a difficulty I just sit lonely and then talk to Allah (I hope u understood :hiding: ). I feel very comfortable after doing that. But I sometimes think that I maybe have a disease and because of ignoring it the disease I will not be able to be cured later. I want to know is it common I think I need to be consoled. Please give me some ideas how to overcome these thoughts. I sometimes get bad thoughts but I know how to keep them away from me. :statisfie

Jazakallah for reading :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-07-2010, 04:50 PM
see a doctor get a basic workup and put your mind at ease!

:w:

anonymous
01-16-2012, 12:55 PM
I have constipation. I feel at ease only when I pray and recite Quran. The main problem my vacations have started and I don't have much work I try to keep myself engaged and sometimes feel stressed out. I don't want to consult a doc. It's common the main problem here is I try to eat all the healthy things that are listed for me on internet. I want someone to share all these so just console me and remember I am the same the same person OP.

Snowflake
01-16-2012, 03:02 PM
If you're going to get sick, don't think it's a bad thing. Illness, and any kind of suffering for that matter, even if it is the equivalent of the prick of a thorn is a means of expiation of our sins. Isn't that something to marvel at? How Allah turns our suffering into an advantage for us believers? Subhan Allah Allahu akbar!

There are also duas and ruqyahs (dam in urdu) we can do. And if Allah wills He will make it a means of cure for us.
Check out the duas here insha Allah - http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/ And also recite Ayatul Kursi, Surahs An Nas & Al Falaq, and the last two verses of Surah Al Baqarah, morning and before you sleep. These will protect you from 3ain (nazar) and sihr (jadoo) etc.

And honestly, don't worry. What will be will be. Just focus on your life in the hereafter. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
01-17-2012, 02:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I have constipation. I feel at ease only when I pray and recite Quran. The main problem my vacations have started and I don't have much work I try to keep myself engaged and sometimes feel stressed out. I don't want to consult a doc. It's common the main problem here is I try to eat all the healthy things that are listed for me on internet. I want someone to share all these so just console me and remember I am the same the same person OP.
sometimes the causes can be like stresses, smoking, bacteria infection (which i read that no antibiotic can cure this for certain infection), lack of exercises, not drinking enough water and not enough fibre (maybe you should try eating fibre supplements it helps alot)

I'm always thinking the way you do believing that i have an incurable disease that no one knows about it...lol i'm not sure why i'm thinking this way.

there is one time i experienced extreme pain at the face ...and i was texting everyone saying i'm sorry (thinking maybe i'm going to die because of the pain and this will be my last word and everyone is laughing at me which is not funny at all! lol) then i found out that i'm allergic to certain lotions it attack my face nerves.

so akhi its normal thinking that way inshaAllah that way you will always wanting to be near Allah swt. May Allah lessen your pain and make it better.

anonymous
01-17-2012, 03:06 AM
Jazakallah Khair!

I am fine now and feeling ralaxed and better.

Problem solved. :statisfie

Muslim Woman
01-18-2012, 03:15 PM
:sl:

Du`a’ for Healing Sickness

Doctor - Saudi Arabia

Question

Can you prescribe a Du`a’ that I can say to heal a sickness?

Name of Counsellor
Ahmad Kutty

Answer

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Brother in Islam, we really do commend your keenness and interest in learning the Prophet’s Sunnah, the second source of the Islamic Shari`ah. May Allah bless your efforts in seeking knowledge!

First of all, it should be clear that the Prophet, peace and blessing be upon him, instructed us: "Seek medical treatment, for Allah has provided a cure for every illness." This Hadith should be taken as encouragement to seek medical treatment along with making Du`a’, imploring Allah to cure one’s illness. Moreover, when the Prophet was ill, he sought medical treatment.

This shows that trying to overcome illness by an effective medicine or herb is necessary to preserve the body against the attack of germs and viruses.

Focusing more on the question in point, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and an Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states:

“Here are few of the supplications you can use for purpose of healing as mentioned in the Sunnah:

1) Allahumma rabba al-nnas adhhibi al-ba’sa ishfi anta al-sshafi la shifa’a illa shifa’ula shifa’an la yughadiru saqaman

(O Allah, O Lord of Mankind, remove the affliction and send down cure and healing, for no one can cure but You; so cure in such a way that no trace of illness is left).

2) As’alu Allaha al-azem rabba al-‘arshi al-azem an yashfiyane

(I beseech Allah, the Great, Lord of the Mighty Throne, to heal me).

3) A’udhu bi izzati Allahi wa qudratihi mimma ajidu wa uhadhiru

(I seek refuge and protection in the august might and power of Allah from the pain and illness I am suffering from and I’m afraid of).

Furthermore, you may also repeat and meditate on some of the beautiful Names of Allah: i.e., ya rahamanu ya rahem; ya shafi, (O the most Merciful one, O the Healer and curer).”

Excerpted, with slight modifications, from: www.islam.ca

Allah Almighty knows best.

http://www.islamonline

Snowflake
01-20-2012, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Jazakallah Khair!

I am fine now and feeling ralaxed and better.

Problem solved. :statisfie
Al hamdulillah!

Hope you offered 2 rakah to thank Allah for relieving your difficulty? If not then do it insha Allah. Allah loves those who are grateful to Him and gives them even more in return. : )

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!