/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Chaand raat?

Adam101
11-07-2010, 06:32 PM
:sl:

I wanted to find out whether 'Chaand raat' is acceptable in Islam. A friend of mine invited me and a few friends to her house for Chaand raat but I didn't really know what it was. I know it's a few days before Eid but when I asked her what would we do at her house she said just talking, music, shisha, mehndi and eating. I would like your views on this please.

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
11-07-2010, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Adam101

I wanted to find out whether 'Chaand raat' is acceptable in Islam. A friend of mine invited me and a few friends to her house for Chaand raat but I didn't really know what it was. I know it's a few days before Eid but when I asked her what would we do at her house she said just talking, music, shisha, mehndi and eating. I would like your views on this please.

Since music and shisha are considered haram by most Muslims I would guess no to your friends event. This is not an answer to the actual 'Chaand Raat'.

Tilmeez
11-07-2010, 07:08 PM
her house
Subhanallah if its not a grammar mistake.

music, shisha,
One of the signs of End Times: Virtues won't be considered virtue and evils wont be counted as evil. As this is not a fiqah discussion board but still a Muslim is supposed to be wise enough in his/her deen to decide some of the basic things on his / her own.

I personally believe any virtue we do is in fact gift from Allah SWT and any evil that prey us is because of our own bad deeds.

Hope you understand, Inshallah.

PS: I wonder if your gendermeter is correct. What's the relation of Mehndi with a brother?

aadil77
11-07-2010, 07:10 PM

whats more unacceptable is you having female friends

if its females only or males only then there is nothin wrong with it, obviously music and shisha should be avoided

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
11-07-2010, 07:16 PM

Asalaamu Alaikum, firstly my brother i would like to point out to you that keeping friends of the oppostie sex who are not our mahrams is forbidden. Therefore you should immediatley abstain from keeping friends of the opposite sex and safeguard yourself from evil. Secondly brother there is no such night in Islam it seems to be more of a traditional night and as there is no such nights in Islam you should abstain from getting involved with it and have nothing at all to do with it. Smoking shisha, being in a place of Music and free mixing are all forbidden and for good reasons to so my brother involve yourself with good and pious brothers and Islam allows you to do anything which is within the boundaries but what you have mentioned is clearly out of the boundaries so you should therefore keep away from it and everything concerning it.

Last night was the beginning of the 10 blessed days and nights of Dhul Hijjah of which the fast of the 9 days are equal to a whole year and the worship of the nights is equal to the worship of Laylatul Qadr!

-Rasulullah (Sallahu Alihe Wassalam) said: “On no days is the worship of Allah desired more than in the first ten days of Dhul Hijjah. The fast of each of these days is equal to the fast of a whole year, and the ibaadat (worship) of each of these nights is equal to the ibaadat of laylatul qadr.” (Tirmizi and Ibn Maajah)

Ibn `Abbas (ra) reported that the Prophet (Sallahu Alihe Wassalam) said: "There are no days in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allah than these ten days." The people asked, "Not even Jihad for the sake of Allah?" He said, "Not even Jihad for the sake of Allah, except in the case of a man who went out, giving himself and his wealth up for the cause (of Allah), and came back with nothing." (Reported by Al-Bukhari)

These hadith confirm that the first ten days of Dhul-Hijjah possess tremendous blessings and excellence and we should all make the best of these blessed days that are left. These rewards should not be missed at any cost!

Scholars have stressed that these special and blessed days and nights of the first ten days in particular should be spent doing intensive worship and virtuous acts as well as contemplation.

Allaah swears an oath by them, and swearing an oath by something is indicative of its importance and great benefit. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "By the dawn; by the 10 nights" [al-Fajr 89:1-2]. Agreed by Ibn Abbaas, Ibn al-Zubayr, Mujaahid and others of the earlier and later generations aswell as Ibn Kathir

On the day of judgement we will BEG for even one good deed so how can we miss this opportunity to gain IMMENSE rewards which are beyong comprehension?

So let us worship Allah as much as we can tonight and in the next 9 nights and fast the remaining 8 days to gain rewards of fasting a whole year and IMMENSE reward for worshipping in the nights! For every second is precious and ANY second could be our very last!

If you want to make the best of these blessed 10 days then refer to this thread inshallah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/umrah-ha...ul-hijjah.html

Please remember me in your dua's to.

And Allah knows best in all matters

GuestFellow
11-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Salaam,

I have no idea what is a Chaand raat. o_o

IB-Staff
11-07-2010, 08:20 PM

Strzelecki
11-07-2010, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ProfessorSunday
Salaam,

I have no idea what is a Chaand raat. o_o
Chaand Raat (Bengali: চাঁদ রাত , Hindi: चाँद रात, Urdu: چاند رات literally, Night of the Moon) is a Hindi, Urdu and Bengali locution used in Pakistan, India and Bangladesh for the eve of the Muslim festival of Eid; it can also mean a night with a full moon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaand_Raat

...Apparently? :/

GuestFellow
11-07-2010, 09:58 PM
^ I never knew that. x_x

Adam101
11-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Jazak for all your posts. I have learnt new teachings that I didn't know before. I even showed sister who was holding this event and she was even shocked at her self and decided to cancel this event. Thank you.

Adam101
11-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Thread closed

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!