/* */

PDA

View Full Version : anonymous

Ummu Sufyaan
11-08-2010, 06:03 AM
:sl:
why isn't it possible to log in as anonymous and reply in someone else's (non-anonymous) thread?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
11-08-2010, 06:32 AM
^and there's no other way to post as anonymous and avoid embarrassing yourself?

Insaanah
12-08-2010, 11:03 AM

Can't people who misuse the account be infracted or have their accounts disabled? It's not fair for the rest of us to have to suffer because of the actions of a few.

Please, please re-think this.

Jazaakallah khayr.

Woodrow
12-08-2010, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

Can't people who misuse the account be infracted or have their accounts disabled? It's not fair for the rest of us to have to suffer because of the actions of a few.

Please, please re-think this.

Jazaakallah khayr.

:wa:

I wish the solution were as easy as that. We can see when somebody using the anon account is posting something inappropriate. But, we can not know with certainty who the person is. So who do we give the infraction to or ban? We do not want to ban or give infractions without 100% certainty. The only one we could ban or give an infraction to, with certainty, would be the anonymous account. I doubt if it would help much if we banned anonymous.

The other option I guess would be to monitor and moderate every anonymous post, but that would pretty well end the anonymous post as being anonymous.

I may be wrong but I believe, the restriction is primarily in the Advice & Support section. :wa:

Woodrow

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!