/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What was....

S.Belle
11-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Your most priced possession as a kid?
Or your favorite TV shows, games, activities, etc.
mine was my easy bake oven

and my baby blanet which i kept to I was about 10 :embarrass:hiding:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
11-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Salaam,

^ This. It was my favourite game.

Woodrow
11-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Needless to say I no longer have anything from my childhood, but the object I kept the longest was an Algonquin arrohead I found when I was about 10 years old. I found it lodged in the rafters of the old house we lived in. Apparently it was shot at the house during the Metacomet War (King Philip War) of 1675. The house was one of only 3 buildings that was not completely destroyed. In that war over 80% of non-Native Americans in the New England Colonies were killed. I still had that arrow head until I was at least 40 years old.

Raaina
11-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Hmmmm I had so many things I loved as a kid.
It was probably my first my little pony, it was purple with blue hair which I admit, I still actually have to this day. I'm 27 \0/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
11-08-2010, 07:00 PM
my prized possession when i was about 6-7 was this :

i kept them warm and safe under the sitting room carpet because i thought they would turn into this :

but it never happened :(

جوري
11-09-2010, 01:22 AM
I had this really neat kaleidoscope

which my dad bought me once when he was away on a trip.. It was so psychedelic I loved it. and once the lens broke there was an extra piece of fabulous more unusual patterns .. I'd sit with it for hours.. I mean I had lots of toys I can't complain but that was just so amazing.. then I went away on summer vacation and when I came back my dad had given it away to my cousin and I was soooooooooooo livid.. I screamed and yelled and he could never get me another one, really I was so sad by it, then when I grew up he found me another but to get a kaleidoscope when you are seven isn't the same as when you are 24.. whatever the case that and atari I probably shouldn't admit to that because now you'd know my age, but yeah I loved atari

yup just like this and I loved playing king Kong
donkeykong 1?w450 -

haha a far cry from my current gaming.. my God it looks so crude.. compared to what I like to play now:

Muhaba
11-09-2010, 01:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ProfessorSunday
Salaam,

I loved that game too, but i wasn't a child when i played it.

Muhaba
11-09-2010, 03:50 AM
Initially i thought you meant the most expensive item we owned, because you wrote "most priced possession." I think mine was a pair of gold earrings with tiny red stones in it.

If you meant most prized possession, then i think mine was my collection of Baby Sitters Club and Sweet Valley Twins books as well as all the other books i owned. I loved my books and parting with them was difficult.

S.Belle
11-09-2010, 04:57 AM
oops i did mean prized......*embarassment*

Tyrion
11-09-2010, 06:28 AM
Salaam,

*Ocarina of Time*

Ocarina of Time was amazing, but my favorite was/is Majora's Mask. :p

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
yup just like this and I loved playing king Kong
donkeykong 1?w450 -

haha a far cry from my current gaming.. my God it looks so crude.. compared to what I like to play now:

I remember playing the classic Donkey Kong as a mini game in Donkey Kong 64... I got to the last level, but could never beat it. :(

I also had a bit of an obsession with Animal Crossing a few years ago, back when it was just on the Gamecube... Good times. :p Perhaps I'll pick up the newer one if I ever end up buying a Nintendo DS.

Ramadhan
11-09-2010, 06:56 AM
Before I was able to read:

After I was able to read (in bahasa Indonesia - Indonesian language of course):

caadam
11-09-2010, 07:13 AM
Mine was my Barbie dolls. lol ;D I look at them now, though, and if I were to have a daughter, I wouldn't let her have one. They're very... sexualised nowadays. They don't even seem appropriate for children anymore.

GuestFellow
11-09-2010, 12:07 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
Ocarina of Time was amazing, but my favorite was/is Majora's Mask. :p
I never played that one. I used to hate playing the Shadow Temple stage, gave me nightmares. :skeleton:

جوري
11-09-2010, 01:43 PM
I also had a bit of an obsession with Animal Crossing a few years ago, back when it was just on the Gamecube... Good times. Perhaps I'll pick up the newer one if I ever end up buying a Nintendo DS.

I gave the nintendo DS one to my niece the city folks is sooooooooooooo much better the graphics are just stunning.. as many games as I have and I have quite a bit, this just relaxes me.. play it for a half an hour every day...:D

:w:

Muhaba
11-09-2010, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by caadam
Mine was my Barbie dolls. lol ;D I look at them now, though, and if I were to have a daughter, I wouldn't let her have one. They're very... sexualised nowadays. They don't even seem appropriate for children anymore.
I loved my barbie dolls as well. my favorite was one that my uncle bought for me on christmas. it had a button on the back that you'd press and it would raise its arms and push its hair back. I was really upset when my mother threw the dolls away . I think my favorite dolls were the lil miss makeup and lil miss dress up dolls.

tango92
11-09-2010, 02:27 PM
man we had a balcony full of toys, when we got a propa house my parents chucked away most of the cool stuff apart from a few cruddy teddies and our bike.

hmm i was into the latest "fads" so nothing too permanent. but the item i had the longest i think was my Topee from mosque. and i watched loadsa dragonball z

S.Belle
11-09-2010, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by caadam
Mine was my Barbie dolls. lol I look at them now, though, and if I were to have a daughter, I wouldn't let her have one. They're very... sexualised nowadays. They don't even seem appropriate for children anymore.
yea i think i saw a pregnant one at one point :hmm: quite ridiculous

format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
and i watched loadsa dragonball z
that was the show i still watch it with my lil bro when they play the reruns

Tyrion
11-09-2010, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
and i watched loadsa dragonball z
I still watch Dragon Ball Z. :D

Some of my buddies got me back into it when I was in the Dorms. :p

I'm such a nerd. :(

Raaina
11-09-2010, 08:18 PM
I still watch Dragon Ball Z. :D

Some of my buddies got me back into it when I was in the Dorms. :p

I'm such a nerd. :(
Dragon ball Z OMG... good times!

Güven
11-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Nintendo N64 and Toonami(Cartoon Networks).

Cabdullahi
11-09-2010, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raaina
Dragon ball Z OMG... good times!
you a... girl?.... watches dragon ball Z....get outta here man!

kidding

Hayaa
11-09-2010, 10:55 PM
:sl: ^ Who says girls can't watch anime. :X

Cabdullahi
11-09-2010, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by I ♥ الله‎
:sl: ^ Who says girls can't watch anime. :X
anime = yes

aggresive anime = no

you dont see us watching ballerina stuff....so stop watching our shows! Flip!

im kidding man

جوري
11-09-2010, 11:18 PM
dragon ball z was my motivation to make a major move in my life.. one day I went to my bro' house watched an episode where goku at least I think it was goku was stranded on some planet and some little people fixed his ship, he was so optimistic and happy looked at it as an adventure and I was convinced that if goku can be so brave in a strange situation then surely so can I, and I quite my job and my masters in molecular bio in favor of something better.. well at the time it seemed like a better .. now in retrospect I shouldn't take my courage from a cartoon but it seemed really convincing back then ;D..

GuestFellow
11-10-2010, 12:05 AM
^ I used to like Dragon Ball Z until the main characters hair grew too long...they looked liked golden hedgehogs. I miss Billy and Mandy...

This anime is really weird I still watch this anime...the characters cry too much. o_o

S.Belle
11-10-2010, 12:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
anime = yes aggresive anime = no
what are you talking about aggressive anime is the best (whether your male or female) like bleach and inuyasha......i didnt even know there was non aggressive anime.......sailor moon?...am i the only one that was obsessed with that show as well

GuestFellow
11-10-2010, 01:00 AM
^ I have heard of some animes that contain graphic scenes.

Yanal
11-10-2010, 01:28 AM

When I was younger,I would say my Game Boy Colour.

S.Belle
11-10-2010, 02:19 AM
^ I have heard of some animes that contain graphic scenes.
yea some of them do i try to not watch them but the story line gets so good..like inuyasha it has a great story line i just wish they would do away with some of the "unneeded" sences

^ I used to like Dragon Ball Z until the main characters hair grew too long...they looked liked golden hedgehogs. I miss Billy and Mandy...
but he was a super saiyan then...so cool
i havent watched Billy and Mandy in a lloooonnngg time that and Courage the Cowardly Dog...or the Powerpuff Girls

we are getting so off topic on this thread i will change it a bit.

Tyrion
11-10-2010, 03:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila

what are you talking about aggressive anime is the best (whether your male or female) like bleach and inuyasha......i didnt even know there was non aggressive anime.......sailor moon?...am i the only one that was obsessed with that show as well
Erm... I was kinda obsessed with Sailor Moon at one point too... :p

Güven
11-10-2010, 10:29 AM

This anime is really weird I still watch this anime...the characters cry too much. o_o
what are you talking about man, they almost never cry :p

tango92
11-10-2010, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal

When I was younger,I would say my Game Boy Colour.
gameboy colour was pwnage, especially super mario bros.

we suspect it got nicked by our cousin in pakistan

GuestFellow
11-10-2010, 08:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
what are you talking about man, they almost never cry :p
But when they do, I find it scary. o_O

Cabdullahi
11-10-2010, 10:06 PM

This is the best anime ever created....forget about dragon ball z and all that

i would learn wrestling moves that i would practise on my siblings...the ring was the king size bed in the main bedroom

GuestFellow
11-10-2010, 10:09 PM
^ o_o

I never knew they had Arabic anime...

Cabdullahi
11-10-2010, 10:11 PM
^ o_o

I never knew they had Arabic anime...
its dubbed innit...originally Japanese

but tigermask is one of the best animes ever if not the best

this comes second

and this is the third

GuestFellow
11-10-2010, 10:22 PM
^ I wonder if I can get an Arabic version of Death Note...I actually learnt some Japanese by watching Japanese anime with subtitles. I like listening to foreign languages for some reason, sounds more realistic.

CosmicPathos
11-10-2010, 10:25 PM
mine were toy cars. matchbox. hot wheels. another company I cant remember but you could open their toy cars' doors and hood ... and a lot of other stuff ... i dont like being in mid 20s. But Allah willed it and i must accept His decree.

serena77
11-10-2010, 11:20 PM
ramna 1/2 - anime
my intellevision 2
and everything i could get my hands on to read.
Serena

Hayaa
11-10-2010, 11:36 PM
:sl: Some of my prized possessions from when I was younger are some books on seerah, a Qur'aan gifted to me by a teacher, and some other literature. Yup, I was a complete bookworm. .I'd read, breathe, then read some more. =P

I think I can answer this better in a few years.. ^^

S.Belle
03-23-2011, 06:27 PM
bumpity bump bump bump :)

Flame of Hope
03-23-2011, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle
bumpity bump bump bump
Hey, you brought back memories! My favorite possession, without doubt was my collection of Enid Blyton books. I loved reading The Secret Seven. :)

Human_Being
03-23-2011, 06:35 PM
I dunno like I had loads of stuff but I never grew attached to ane of it lol! Except maybe a sonic the hedgehog stuffed toy i was in love with until i grew out of it after about 5 years old

Little_Lion
03-23-2011, 06:51 PM
When I was very little, I had a plush lamb named Shelley that went everywhere with me. I still have it.

I wanted Star Wars toys more than anything as a kid, but my parents didn't think that was right for a girl, so I got Barbies. They just sat there while I read books instead. My favorites were "The Neverending Story" and "Watership Down". I was also a gamer geek from way back, and woe betide the person who got between me and my Commodore 64!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!