/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jinn stories / experiences

Flower1111
11-09-2010, 03:05 PM
:sl:
I put up this new thread for interesting and also scary jinn or angel stories. Many have surely had such special encounters and experiences and I want you all to share them.
As mentioned in the noble Quran in various surahs, jinns exist and are another creation of Allah swt next to us insaan. There are good and bad ones just like with us people. And also there are obedient and disobedient ones which want to scare and trouble us. But such encounters shouldnt be taken with worries. Those happenings are sometimes test for our imaan. Without the will of Allah swt nothing can harm us. As long we have imaan and remembrance of Allah swt, we are safe and shouldnt be afraid. That was my small introduction into this topic and if u like, then you can share your experience. Thank you.
Jazakum Allah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
11-09-2010, 03:09 PM
:sl:

I am sorry to a disappointment but I never experienced anything related to jinns or supernatural. The most I have experienced is Shaytaan's whispers (waswaas).

Flower1111
11-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Of course not everyone had such experiences. It is not a strange thing. You can be lucky Alhamdulilah

GuestFellow
11-09-2010, 03:28 PM
^ Do you have any experiences to share?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flower1111
11-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Ya i do have many..from me and mostly from others.
My aunt used to be troubled by jinn or shaytan every night. She was the only one who had this problem. She is very beautyful so tht might be the reason. This jinn normally used to trouble and irritate her and try to make her scared which is pretty common. But now it comes. One day we got the proof. She woke up in the night screaming and in pain. Her cheek was swollen and red. This jinn has really gave her a tight slap in her face Astaghfirullah and its not fake. Nowadays she has no such problems anymore. She also started doing namaz etc.
this is one experience from my family.
Ill tell more later :)

marwen
11-09-2010, 03:44 PM
^ May Allah protect you and your family from this trouble sister.

Do you have any experience/ideas on how to be sure it's really jinn and not hallucinations or faint. I'm sure jinn exist, but I never met jinn, how can I be sure it's relly jinn not a mental disorder ?

Flower1111
11-09-2010, 03:48 PM
You can be sure it is jinn. Sometimes ther is no other explanation to it. I myself used to get such things at nights. Have you ever had the feelin at night that you are paralysed , you cant talk or shout and cant breathe as if someone is pressing against you. ? I used to have this pretty often now it is better. But this is shayateen and jinn who scare you.
Mostly they come wen you slept deep or u are half sleeping. Ayat ul kursi protects you from these happenings.

Flower1111
11-09-2010, 03:51 PM
My mother saw sth once. While she was sleeping she dreamed of a very beautyful and sweet baby. When the baby smiled it had very ugly and scary teeth. This is how shaytan apporaches you by a dream before he acts further. Suddenly my mother woke up and saw a black shadow which was very long , on the ground sliding very fast away from her.

S.Belle
11-09-2010, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Soraya1992
Have you ever had the feelin at night that you are paralysed , you cant talk or shout and cant breathe as if someone is pressing against you. ? I used to have this pretty often now it is better. But this is shayateen and jinn who scare you.

i have this very often it is called sleep paralysis its not jinn sister
but i have had some experiences not with jinn..i suppose but with dreams and i wouldnt say angels because I am not sure what it was to be honest. It didnt scare me so i guess it was nothing bad....idk

Flower1111
11-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Sleep paralysis? never heard of it? and wat about the pressure and not able to breath..and i try to say A3oozhu billah and it doesn come out..No dear it must be shaytan

S.Belle
11-09-2010, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Soraya1992
Sleep paralysis? never heard of it? and wat about the pressure and not able to breath..and i try to say A3oozhu billah and it doesn come out..No dear it must be shaytan
i had it so many times i know exactly what you are talking about you cant move it hard to breath trying to move makes it worse and screaming and talking is impossible and it feels like someone is grapping you and you can feel "it" pressing down on you
sleep paralysis happens when your REM is interrupted seeing "hallucinations" during this time is not uncommon and having the feeling that something evil is near is all apart of it
look here please
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_Paralysis

S.Belle
11-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Sleep paralysis is not a Jinn attack

Question: Our daughter is having strange experiences during sleep. She complains of feeling something pressing down on her chest which paralyzes her entire body. She cannot even speak. This stops and starts throughout the night. It happens so frequently that she has become depressed and angry. We feel that this is an attack from the Jinn and we want to know what she can do about it.

Answered by the Scientific Research Committee - IslamToday.net

These symptoms should not be construed as an attack from the Jinn. This is a very common problem. It is a condition known as sleep paralysis (SP).

Sleep paralysis is defined as a condition in which someone, usually lying in a supine position, about to drop off to sleep, or just upon waking from sleep, realizes that he is unable to move, speak, or cry out. Many complain that they try to recite Âyah al-Kursî but are unable to do so. People in this condition are often beset by feelings of fear or dread and frequently try, unsuccessfully, to cry out. After seconds or minutes, they feel suddenly released from the paralysis, but may be left with a lingering sense of anxiety.

Many people experience this sensation while falling asleep or as they are waking up and it can cause them discomfort. Some people describe it to be as if they feel as if someone is sitting on their chest.

Common secondary symptoms of this condition are as follows:

* A feeling of being choked or suffocated
* A feeling of being pinned down or sat upon (particularly in the chest area)
* Auditory hallucinations, typically the sounds of footsteps and voices nearby or knocking or banging on the walls
* Visual hallucinations, typically beings or dark shadows surrounding or standing near the bed
* A frightening feeling of descending or encompassing evil or dread
* Shaking of the body or a rumbling sensation (ringing) in the ears
* A feeling of intense, suffocating evil
* A feeling of being in a dream-like state while at the same time sensing being awake

The source of this phenomenon is a natural bodily function. When you sleep, your brain shuts off the signals coming from your muscles so you do not get up and act out your dreams. This is to prevent you from injuring yourself in your sleep. For some reason, people with sleep paralysis come into consciousness before the brain returns voluntary control back to the muscles, creating a sense of feeling paralyzed. This sensation is quite uncomfortable and understandably frightening, which can lead the not wholly conscious person to experience some of the secondary symptoms of this disorder that can often be very frightening and realistic.

None of what you describe is strange, peculiar, or in the least bit exceptional. It is a benign condition. Several recent surveys suggest that between 25-30% of people have experienced at least a mild form of sleep paralysis at least once and about 20-30% of these people have experienced it on several occasions.

However, if it is a frequent problem for you that is impairing your sleep or causing you discomfort, then you should seek medical attention for it. There are actually many treatments and prescriptions for this condition.

Doctors suggest that getting on a regular sleep schedule and avoiding sleep deprivation are helpful in alleviating this condition.

And Allah knows best.

Answered by the Scientific Research Committee - IslamToday.net

Alpha Dude
11-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Don't agree with sleep paralysis being unrelated to shaytanic/jinn attack.

Sleep paralysis is just the name they've given to something they don't understand. It's not fully explained.

Especially when the people behind such theories don't even believe in the existence of 'other' beings such as jinn, I'd take this theory with a pinch of salt.

There are many experiences of people seeing black shadows right after their paralysis (whilst they are fully awake, so it's not just a natural bodily function happening during sleep).

As our Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihe Wasalam has told us, a bad dream is from shaytan. Usually, sleep paralysis will occur during a nightmare.

I experience it myself sometimes. The times that I do, coincide with the times when I have not made prayers for protection on the night before.

Sleeping on clean bedding, in a state of ritual purity, (i.e. not in need of ghusl) along with wudhu, praying ayatul kursi, and the last 3 surahs of the Qur'aan thrice before sleeping, will protect you against these attacks.

If it has been a long term problem, they may fight back for a few days but if you are consistent in what I have described, you will cease to experience these things. You will inshaAllah also experience bad dreams with less frequency.

S.Belle
11-09-2010, 06:25 PM
you are right shaytan does cause nightmares :thumbs_up
but this then causes some of us to experience sleep paralysis and doing the above like you suggested does in fact work. But I dont literary think that it is a jinn attack because if you just lay there and relax the feeling goes away if you panic and overact it only gets worse.....
But I did the above like you said one night and while I was laying there I saw an outline (there was no light in my room on at all) of a figure it looked more "manly" bc the shoulders were wide and the height of it was tall. The outline was kinda...its hard to explain it was like a blueish glowy shimmery type thing but it didnt creep me out i was really more intrigued if anything. I just layed and looked at it and it didnt move or anything it just stood near my bed i stared at it for about a good 5 min bc i thought maybe i was losing it but as soon as i reached out to touch it it went away completely....i probably sound like a complete nutcase but wallahi this happened and I have no clue what it was.

IAmZamzam
11-10-2010, 06:02 PM
I saw a shadow figure once while I was in bed but I don't think I was paralyzed. Or if so, I didn't notice it. Didn't seem to bear any of the marks of sleep paralysis, whatever it was. But I didn't try to move, that's the thing.

My sister (who is a Christian, and to this very day) saw a djinn--more than once, I think--at one of our old houses. She said she couldn't exactly describe what she was seeing, only that it was smaller than a human and she didn't know whether to say that it looked human, reptilian, or insectile. The clearest she could get (and she didn't like to talk about it at all) was to say that it was vaguely similar to what she imagined Gollum looking like when she read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings as a child.

caadam
11-10-2010, 06:24 PM
What do you all think about night terrors? I mean, I understand that night terrors are brought on by the over-stimulation of the central nervous system, but sometimes one does wonder if a night terror is something spiritual too. They can be quite frightening to watch, and even more frightening when the person who is having the night terror can remember what they saw. I've experienced night terrors as a child, and every once in a blue moon as an adult, which is uncommon. Usually when the central nervous system is matured, a person stops having night terrors as an adult. But for some people, night terrors never go away. My night terrors can be so bad that they can cause me to hallucinate and see things that aren't really there.

Though sometimes I wonder if those things are just my body playing tricks with me or if it's real. I've had one specific jinn experience that I remember vividly. I was a child, and I was getting ready for bed. This was before I had even begun to fall asleep, so it wasn't a night terror. I was lying on my stomach, decided to turn onto my back, and that's when I saw it: It was right above my bed, and it looked like it had tens of terrible spider legs groping in the air. Its middle was black and void, and this thing looked like it was coming closer to me. I remember becoming afraid and threw the blankets over my face for a minute, removed the blanket, and the jinn wasn't there anymore. Very scary. I never saw it again.

Muhaba
11-10-2010, 07:14 PM
I have never experienced jinns or any other sort of troubles, although i did get sleep paralysis in one particular room of one particular house around when i was 13. It's possible there were jinns in that room, since sometimes it seemed the door would be open at night when we left it closed (but unlocked).

i do remember someone telling me a real scary ghost story once and that night i was so scared. I kept hear this tap tap sound from the wall near my bed but i was too scared to look at the windows or the wall, scared that i might see a jinn or something. Finally when i looked up, i saw that the thing going tap tap was actually a piece of canvas type cloth with Surah Yasin written on it. it was moving wiht the wind from the fan and that's why it was making tap tap sounds. it probably made such sounds every night, but i wasn't conscious of them. talking about jinns had made me conscious of my surroundings.

Flower1111
11-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Even idont think it is only eexplainable with sleep paraylizes..as someone already mentiond here ..i mostly got this at night wen i didn pray isha or sleep on my back..which is not good as one should sleep on right side as our prophet saw said..Allahu A3lam

IAmZamzam
11-11-2010, 04:12 PM
I may as well mention--though the joke itself cannot be shown, it is too good not to be made in some fashion or other--that when someone mentioned night terrors above I intended to link to a clip of Victor Meldrew from One Foot in the Grave babbling cringingly in his sleep about pastries. But I couldn't find it at Youtube, so all I can do is mention it here. ("Not with a pastry...NOT WITH A PASTRY!!!")

Amoeba
11-11-2010, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
Don't agree with sleep paralysis being unrelated to shaytanic/jinn attack.

Sleep paralysis is just the name they've given to something they don't understand. It's not fully explained.

Especially when the people behind such theories don't even believe in the existence of 'other' beings such as jinn, I'd take this theory with a pinch of salt.

There are many experiences of people seeing black shadows right after their paralysis (whilst they are fully awake, so it's not just a natural bodily function happening during sleep).

As our Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihe Wasalam has told us, a bad dream is from shaytan. Usually, sleep paralysis will occur during a nightmare.

I experience it myself sometimes. The times that I do, coincide with the times when I have not made prayers for protection on the night before.

Sleeping on clean bedding, in a state of ritual purity, (i.e. not in need of ghusl) along with wudhu, praying ayatul kursi, and the last 3 surahs of the Qur'aan thrice before sleeping, will protect you against these attacks.

If it has been a long term problem, they may fight back for a few days but if you are consistent in what I have described, you will cease to experience these things. You will inshaAllah also experience bad dreams with less frequency.
Have to disagree with you on one point with a question:

Why would shaytan attack us with something that no longer scares us?

Many poeple are frightened by sleep paralysis, sure. But for many who experience it on a regular basis or have experienced it many, many times in their life, for those poeple it is really just a perfectly normal bed-time occurence. "Oh, I'm in sleep paralysis again" relax the muscles, close the eyes, wake up they know exactly what to do and that it's not something to be afraid of. Why would shaytans attack someone with sleep paralysis who isn't even afraid of sleep paralysis?

Alpha Dude
11-11-2010, 04:59 PM
There are many different shaytans, not just one.

What you're asking is kind of like asking 'why would burglars steal from me when I have been stolen from so many times, that it no longer affects me?'

Amoeba
11-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Yes, that's why I used plural shaytans.

Burglary does affect you though - your possessions are taken from you, even if you yourself don't place much value upon them or are used to having them taken from you. Those possessions could still have been used by you for a meaningful purpose, or to keep food on the table, or something like that even if you didn't need them right away and used for evil purposes when taken from you. Even if some aren't affected by it, there is still a good tangible reason to be affected by it.

However during sleep paralysis you don't come to any harm, your possessions are not stolen from you. For one who doesn't fear that which can't harm them either physically, materially or emotionally, what would be the point of an attacker repeatedly using an ineffective means of attack?

Hannah.
11-11-2010, 05:37 PM
I haven't experienced anything so far, alhumdulilah. However, just a few days ago I encountered something I initially thought was a 'spirit' but turned out to be something totally different..

After fajr I had crept into my parents room and thought I'd take a couple hours' nap. I wasn't able to rest my eyes so I turned to my side and saw a head - all white and moving left and right. You have NO IDEA how scared I was! I was too frightened to check what it really was, so I started reciting surahs and verses of Ayatul-Kursi. I closed my eyes and then opened them again - and that strange looking head-thing was still moving about in mid air! My dad was sleeping beside me and I even woke him up and told him that there was this 'head' right next to him. I suddenly had this urge to actually touch it and it turned out to be a balloon! XD
All that stress for nothing!

Darth Ultor
11-11-2010, 05:41 PM
I know ghosts don't exist in Islam, but there are malevolent Jinn. In February of '09, I was walking my dog one calm night and then suddenly a really cold strong wind started blowing, the trees were flailing wildly, and the area by the development's clubhouse got a bit hazy in the distance, and I usually walk him around that area. But it seemed as though the universe itself was urging me to go back to the house. I bolted with the dog back to the house, and he was running with his tail between his legs, not wagging it like he usually does when running. Scariest feeling I ever had. Once I was back in the house, everything was calm again.

Alpha Dude
11-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Amoeba:

Okay. Burglary was a bad example on my part. How about someone who is emotionally abused (in whatever manner) day in day out by their spouse as a form of deliberate 'attack'? Slowly but surely they'll get used to it. The spouse will simply continue it. Don't get hung up on this one example, btw. I'm sure there are other such examples that can be thought of. I hope you get the gist of what I'm trying to say.

From hadith, we know that bad dreams can (may not always) be from shaytan. So with that in mind, you could also ask, going by your current mode of reasoning: 'I have had bad dreams so often that they don't affect me anymore, why would shaytan persist in doing this?'. The answer to that from me, would be 'I don't know'. :) This doesn't mean there isn't a proper answer for it, just something I am personally unaware of.

Shayateen/jinn consist of different species and what motivates them Allah knows best. These beings have crude personalities and are said to have low intelligence, from what I understand.

You're free to believe what you wish, sister. I personally will not attribute sleep paralysis to a natural bodily function. Just my belief based on what I have experienced and read of over the years.

S.Belle
11-11-2010, 07:18 PM
I personally will not attribute sleep paralysis to a natural bodily function.

If you have severe cases of sleep paralysis you can actually get treated for it so it has to do with your body's reaction/ functions....its a disorder(sleep paralysis).
I personally have never had it unless ive accidentaly fell asleep on my back (which is one of the many factors that can cause it to happen.....maybe that is why Prophet (pbuh) advise not to sleep on the back..)

Medications such as Sodium oxybate (Xyrem) may be prescribed as a cure for sleep paralysis in severe cases, but the best treatment for sleep paralysis is to reduce stress and get the proper amount of sleep.

more here.
http://www.fountia.com/sleep-disorde...ysis-treatment

But i do agree to an extend that shaytan is messing with you becuase as you said nightmare sometimes come along with sleep paralysis

Flower1111
11-11-2010, 08:18 PM
sorry to change the topic of this sleep paralysis stuff..but i read tht story which was too scary to believe but i found it on one page smone telling his own experience..
Author: Syed Muhammad Yusuf Ahsan (Pakistan) / Location of Story: Pakistan

Story: My father has a business of importing and for that we have many offices in Pakistan. When our business progressed by the grace of Allah, we had to import more material and thus requiring more space in the store(Since it was already full).We expanded the store but as we imported more and more material we ran out of space in the store. Very soon the search for a new office began and within just 10 days we found a very large office at an amazing rent and decided to rent it. I was at the spot with my father’s Finance Manager who selected that office. After we selected the office we were to begin shifting the next day but the owner said that there should be at least one person in the office for the night. All the people were busy and I being a mature adult was selected to spend the night in that office. I had no choice but to agree. They left me at that office the time was 2 PM of the afternoon.
Soon they left me and I instantly became very bored as I did not have anything to do. There was nothing in the office besides a soft carpet on the floor. I decided to spend the day in the recital of the Quran and the night to sleep on the soft carpet.
I started my task and soon it was time for the Maghrib prayer. As I was going back after prayer, the lights went away (Because of load shedding in Pakistan). I decided to continue towards the room to supplicate in the dark anyway. When I reached the room I started again in the pitch black darkness. While I was supplicating, I felt a strange feeling, as if someone was touching my hair while standing behind me. I thought it was the wind and continued. The feeling remained till the next few minutes but as I felt that my hair was now being pulled, I looked back and asked in a loud voice ’’Who is there?’’ and there was no reply. I blamed it to my imagination and continued. Moments later the same thing began to happen again and this time I became a little scared. It went on and on in the black darkness till…….someone grabbed me from behind and started to laugh!! That things voice at first sounded like a man’s voice and then the pitch slowly changed and it would sound
like a woman, then it would slowly reverse back into a man’s voice again! I became very scared and when that thing let me go. I looked back and saw that no one there…I looked front again and…..A dead girl was hanged from the fan with a rope around her neck. Her eyes were almost out of their sockets and her tongue reached the floor!!! I became so intensely scared that I was unable to move and soon that girl fell on the ground and started to move as if she was having a seizure while making sounds resembling the bleating of a goat. Suddenly a huge man with a bloody face came running from out of the WALL with an axe in his hand and straight cut the girls head off!!! The cut off head fell less than 5 feet in front of me. Then as I was looking at the man, he disappeared right in front of my eyes! As I looked down…The cut off head was looking at me with its tongue out, smiling and nodding!!!! Just as I was about to run away someone grabbed me again and some old woman with a
very disturbing face approached the cut off head which was lying in front. She picked it up and rushed towards me. She then started laughing very loudly including the thing behind me and cut off head!!!!! That’s when I started to recite Ayat Al Kursi and BELIEVE me they all fell down and I saw them burn alive right in front of me. Soon, they were no more than mere ashes and then disappeared. After all this, I did not have the guts to sleep there and decided to leave. Except for going out that office through the door, I went out the window. Soon when I was out and I started to walk towards my home. I reached in about 2 hours. I then immediately called my dad and told him all about it and after we inquired about that house this was the information we recovered…
1) The owner of that office was long dead and who we saw was actually a Jinn who wanted a human inside the house.
(We don’t know why)
2) The office was haunted by a depressed Jinn family.
3) The Jinns wanted to kill at least 1 human.
(We don’t know why)
4) All people living there had to recite Ayat al kursi 111 times after every prayer otherwise the Jinns would enter their homes.
5) The Jinns were all kafirs.
WARNING!!
THIS OFFICE STILL REMAINS…

Ğħαrєєвαħ
11-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

"To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and (all that is in) the earth and Ad-Din Wasiba is His [(i.e. perpetual sincere obedience to Allah is obligatory). None has the right to be worshipped but Allah)]. Will you then fear any other than Allah? And whatever of blessings and good things you have, it is from Allah. Then, when harm touches you, unto Him you cry aloud for help" [Al Quraan:Surah An Nahl :16:52-53]

"And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirin (the patient ones, etc.).Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: "Truly! To Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return." [Al Quraan surah Al Baqarah, verse 155-156]

wa alaaykum salaam

Amoeba
11-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Amoeba:

Okay. Burglary was a bad example on my part. How about someone who is emotionally abused (in whatever manner) day in day out by their spouse as a form of deliberate 'attack'? Slowly but surely they'll get used to it. The spouse will simply continue it. Don't get hung up on this one example, btw. I'm sure there are other such examples that can be thought of. I hope you get the gist of what I'm trying to say.

From hadith, we know that bad dreams can (may not always) be from shaytan. So with that in mind, you could also ask, going by your current mode of reasoning: 'I have had bad dreams so often that they don't affect me anymore, why would shaytan persist in doing this?'. The answer to that from me, would be 'I don't know'. :) This doesn't mean there isn't a proper answer for it, just something I am personally unaware of.

Shayateen/jinn consist of different species and what motivates them Allah knows best. These beings have crude personalities and are said to have low intelligence, from what I understand.

You're free to believe what you wish, sister. I personally will not attribute sleep paralysis to a natural bodily function. Just my belief based on what I have experienced and read of over the years.
Fair enough. I guess for some sleep paralysis just isn't a frightening experience and could never be compared to something such as abuse even on their first experience, and those poeple wouldn't know how it feels for someone who experiences fear from sleep paralysis comparable to that of abuse or torture. I suppose if there are unseen creatures capable of this who have low intelligence it might be possible that they might persist with futile "attacks" on those individuals who it's completely ineffective against. Funny thing is sleep paralysis affects every individual slightly differently. Some are terrified, some are just a little bit scared, some just don't care, some are curious about it or even enjoy it. Consider also some were never afraid of it in the first place.

I've never actually thought of or heard of it being anything more than a normal bodily function so it's interesting to see a different and less clinical perspective on it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!