/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can a Muslim woman get married whilst pregnant?

Uncle Jee
11-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Can a Muslim woman get married whilst pregnant? As in if she is pregnant can she marry?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
11-14-2010, 06:45 PM
:salamext:

A woman should finish her 'iddah [waiting period] by giving birth, after that she can get married again.

And for those who are pregnant, their [waiting] term ('iddah) is until they give birth. And whoever fears Allah - He will make for him of his matter ease. (surah At-Talaq 65:4)

Allah knows best.

Ramadhan
11-16-2010, 02:16 AM
hmmm... I thought some madhab (I cant remember which one) allows the pregnant woman to be married with the man who impregnated her, but must NOT consummate the marriage (that is, must not have sex) until the women give birth and finishes the iddah time and then do the nikkah again.
I'm sure I've heard about this opinion from one of the islamic classes I attended.

- Qatada -
11-16-2010, 12:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
hmmm... I thought some madhab (I cant remember which one) allows the pregnant woman to be married with the man who impregnated her, but must NOT consummate the marriage (that is, must not have sex) until the women give birth and finishes the iddah time and then do the nikkah again.
I'm sure I've heard about this opinion from one of the islamic classes I attended.

:salamext:

If a husband divorces his wife and she is pregnant, then she has to stay with him until the 'iddah [waiting period] is over. The waiting period for a pregnant woman is until she gives birth to the child. Then she can leave him.

If the husband takes his wife back before she gives birth, she is still his wife. Except that he has used 1 [out of 3] talaqs [divorces] that he had.

If the husband wants to have the woman back after the 'iddah [waiting period] - he has to do a new marriage contract with her, and 2 witnesses and a new dowry [mahr] for her. Just like a new marriage contract.

Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!