/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why ALLAH swear to himself in one of the verses in quran?

languagemaniac
11-10-2010, 09:50 AM
sura Al Hicr 92th ayah

92. Therefore, by thy Lord, We will, of a surety, call them to account,

If so, I think it s not logical that MUHAMMED said this verse? please help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
11-10-2010, 10:03 AM
He's reffering to Himself in a majestic way? Theres plenty of similar verses in the Quran:

'O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous....' 2:21

IAmZamzam
11-10-2010, 04:14 PM
There's nothing higher than God to swear by, so even God Himself considers an oath to God His highest oath, just by technicality. If it still seems bizarre or nonsensical to you, bear in mind that it was technically the angels/Prophet (P) speaking.

أحمد
11-10-2010, 04:56 PM
:sl:

Edit: The next post give's a better explanation.

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Masriya
11-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Why ALLAH swear to himself in one of the verses in quran?
sura Al Hicr 92th ayah

92. Therefore, by thy Lord, We will, of a surety, call them to account,

If so, I think it s not logical that MUHAMMED said this verse? please help.
Asalamu Alaikum

I'm not sure what you mean by your question.
The Quran is Allah's words conveyed to mankind through prophet Muhammed (pbuh).
If you start reading from the verse 89 in the same surah:

015.089 And say: "I am indeed he that warneth openly and without ambiguity,"-
015.090 (Of just such wrath) as We sent down on those who divided (Scripture into arbitrary parts),- 015.091 (So also on such) as have made Qur'an into shreds (as they please). 015.092 Therefore, by the Lord, We will, of a surety, call them to account, 015.093 For all their deeds.

Here Allah is the one speaking to the prophet Muhammed and telling him to tell mankind "And say" that he warned people of his wrath on those who " divided (Scripture into arbitrary parts),- " and have " made Qur'an into shreds (as they please). "
Then Allah swears by His name to show that they are surely going to be judged for what they have done.

Even if Quran verses in other instances are other people's speech e.g prophets', then it is Allah quoting them to tell us what they said and to tell us their stories.

Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!