/* */

PDA

View Full Version : palmist

Insecured soul
11-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Salaam alaikum guys,

i have a friend who is a palmist not as a profession but he learned this sometime ago in the past.

he is muslim, few days ago he asked me let me see ur palm to see whats waiting for me in future, i was
hesitant in the beginning but then i decided to show him, and i know very well its only allah who knows the
future and all this is completely unislamic.

but he saw my hand and he said something 100% accurate and the second he said it i was in awe and looking in his eye and i just couldnt believe how he could know that?

i kept asking him how could u tell his and he kept smiling, **** im still little shocked with this.

well i dont know what to think of all this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
11-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Wa alaykum salam

It's haraam bro. Don't worry about how he knows anything and don't think he is some angel/holder of knowledge of the unseen. He himself is on a shaky path in Islam. I'd guide him away from such things or cease contact with him, if I was you.

Prophet Sallalahu Alaihe Wasalam has said something to the effect 'whosoever goes to a soothsayer is not from amongst us'.

Ramadhan
11-10-2010, 11:45 AM
:wa:

He could have gotten info about you from your qareen, that is the djinn that is (assigned) with us, and thus know almost everything about us in the past.

NO creature, be it human, djinn or angels know for certain what's in the future.
shaytaan would try to steal info about future from the heaven by listening to angels who carry Allah's commands, but the shaytaan will be chased by some sort of particles.

astrology/palmistry/etc is shirk because you believe the created to be know-all.

Insaanah
11-10-2010, 04:38 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Insecured soul
few days ago he asked me let me see ur palm to see whats waiting for me in future, i was
hesitant in the beginning but then i decided to show him, and i know very well its only allah who knows the
future and all this is completely unislamic.
Going to fortune tellers and having your future told by them (by reading your palm or any other method), whether invited by them or going of your own volition, is forbidden in Islam.

Mu'aawiyah ibn al-Hakam as-Salamee said, "O Messenger of Allah, verily there are some people amongst us who visit oracles." The Prophet :saws: replied, "Do not go to them." (Sahih Muslim, English Trans, vol4, p1209, #5532)

Safiyyah (may Allah be pleased with her) reported from Hafsah (may Allah be pleased with her) that Rasoolullah :saws: said, "The salaah of anyone who visits a fortune teller and asks him about anything will not be accepted for forty days and forty nights" (Sahih Muslim, English Trans, vol 4, p1211 #5540).

The punishment in this hadeeth is for simply approaching a fortune teller and asking out of curiosity. Such a punishment has been prescribed because it is the first step to belief in fortune telling. If any of the predictions happens to come true, then people get impressed by it, and can start to believe it. During this 40 days, the person still has to make all their salah, even though he/she gets no reward from those prayers.

The Islamic ruling on anyone who visits a fortune teller believing that he knows the unseen and the future, is that it is Kufr. Abu Hurayrah and Hasan (amy Allah be pleased with them) both reported that the Prophet :saws: said "Whosoever approaches a fortuneteller and believes what he says, has disbelieved in what was revealed to Muhammad :saws:" (Ahmad, Sunan Abu Dawud, Eng Trans, vol3, p1095, #3895 and Bayhaqee). This is because certain attributes that belong to Allah alone are assigned to the creation, and it destroys tawheed in asmaa wa sifaat (the attributes and qualities of Allah).

format_quote Originally Posted by Insecured soul
but he saw my hand and he said something 100% accurate and the second he said it i was in awe and looking in his eye and i just couldnt believe how he could know that?

i kept asking him how could u tell his and he kept smiling, **** im still little shocked with this.
Every human being has an individual jinn accompanying them throught life, known as our qaareen. Fortune tellers can contact these jinn called qareen and the jinn can inform them of certain events of the relative future. For example, if you decided that next week you will do such and such, your qareen can tell the fortune teller this. The fortune teller will tell you, and you will be impressed. Sometimes fortune tellers don't have contact with jinn and tell general things that happen to most people and in some cases these things may actually happen.

In either case, fortune telling is forbidden, visting a fortune teller and having your fortune told, even out of curiosity and even if you don't believe what they say, it is forbidden, and deliberate contact with the Jinn is forbidden.

"And on the Day when He will gather them together [and say], "O company of jinn! Many did you mislead of men." And their adherents among humankind will say, "Our Lord, We benefited one from the other, but now we have arrived at the appointed term which You appointed for us." He will say, "The Fire is your residence, wherein you will abide eternally, except as Allah may will. Indeed, your Lord is Wise and Knowing." (6:128)

Please advise your friend that he must stop any type of fortune telling.

I would advise him to read Chaper Five, called "Fortunetelling", of the book called "The Fundamentals of Tawheed" by Dr Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips.

Here is a link to it in PDF: http://www.dawahcampus.com/files/Fun...sOfTawheed.pdf

You may benefit from reading it too.

This post has been extracted from that chapter in that book.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IAmZamzam
11-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Fortune tellers don't need djinn. They have their own intelligence, and they have the networks they have built up with each other. These suffice. Here is some good reading material for you:

How cold reading works

"The Psychic Mafia", by M. Lamar Keene

The latter is a whole book, but it's a short one and well worth the trouble.

Dagless
11-10-2010, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
Fortune tellers don't need djinn. They have their own intelligence, and they have the networks they have built up with each other. These suffice. Here is some good reading material for you:

How cold reading works

"The Psychic Mafia", by M. Lamar Keene

The latter is a whole book, but it's a short one and well worth the trouble.
^This.

Read some books on cold reading. The fact that he is your friend, and knows quite a lot about you already, helps.

Insecured soul
11-11-2010, 04:59 PM

alrite guys i will avoid talking with him about all that insha allah,
but really i was completely shocked

its alrite now anyway

jazakamullahu khairan

LauraS
11-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Do you believe that people can get glimpses of the future with premonitions though?

Before I suddenly became convinced something was wrong and started to panic then got a phonecall from my parents saying they'd found a man lying injured in the road. Do you think the sixth sense in naturally a part of us? I think it's something everybody has. Another time I thought I saw water on my books at school and then someone on the next table said their book was wet and when I looked back mine was actually dry. Maybe it's to do with us using only parts of our brain and if we used all of it would do so much more. Sorry lol it's just something I find interesting, what are your views on premonitions? I'm sure virtually everyone here has had one.

On plam reading, I was had my palm read by a machine it got my personality perfectly. I can't begin to understand how it could work though. :/

IAmZamzam
11-12-2010, 12:07 AM
Whether the sixth sense exists or not, anyone making a profession out of claiming to use it is almost certainly a liar. As for the idea that we use only ten percent of our brains or whatever, that is a myth made up by scientologists and has no basis whatsoever in biological fact. I will grant that most people don't act like they're using all of their brains most of the time but that is a matter of their own choice and effort and on a literal and neurological level they still technically are employing 100% of their brains.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!