/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Parents and pipedream

anonymous
11-10-2010, 01:11 PM
If you really really wanted to achive something, but your parents insited and belived that you couldnt and just generally belived that it isnt in you to achive that partiular thing, would you still go ahead? its not that they are saying no dont do that, but yeah as i said they dont belive its in you.

would you still go ahead with that thing depsite how your parents feel? would ur parents' opinion hamper your confidence in achiveing that thing? would ur parents' opinion make you feel that even if you did go ahead with what you have in mind, that you're not really not going to be blessed in this endevour of yours since they dont really like this idea of yours? by blessed i dont mean blessed in the actual outcome, but blessed in your path of achiving this thing.

see i have this great idea in my mind that i desperatly want to see come into reality but i think my mum doubts me. i dont think she thinks i can pull it off and becuase of this, i doubt myself that i really can, though deep down i know that if i just put the effort in, i probably would sussed, inshallah. i probably will face alot of dificulty in the this partiular endevour of mine, and everytime something may go wrong i'll probably think yeah dang it, shes right i cant do this. im not cut out for this, etc...

even if i did acvhive it and be succeful about it, i would probs always think that im not good enough even though i maybe sucssful, i dont think i would see my own success becuase of how she thinks. get me?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
11-10-2010, 11:38 PM
depends whether the endeavor is islamically allowed or not.

If it is, then go for it. if you succeed, you'll achieve what you want and you'll even prove to your parents that you could do it. on the other hand, if you fail, is there anything you'll lose because of it?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!