/* */

PDA

View Full Version : thought reading

samzee
11-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Salam,

Brother , I have a dire problem. I find that people are reading my every thought. whatever I think , when I talk to people , they instantly tell me wht I am thinking . This has happened over hundreds of time. people who live in my building react to my every thought. they even seem to know wht i am dreaming. several times it happened i am having a dream, and upstairs resident wake me up by making noise and shouting mockingly as to what i was dreaming about. Over last couple of years, after a lot of searching over the net and exploring countless other possibilities I come to this conclusion. I do not come to this conclusion easily. recently I saw that a member of this forum had also faced the exact same problem. i need help . daily life has become impossible. i am concerned about this all the time. The pressure has phsically become taxing to an unbearable level.

I have considered mental and psycholigical options. But experts tell me that I have no ailness.

Can you help ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
11-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Wa alaykum salam

People are unable to read minds, brother. This might be an issue related to your health or there might be an external shaytanic jinn/sihr (magic) element involved.

InshaAllah if you do the following, if it is related to jinns etc, you will find some relief (if it isn't related to jinns then Alhamdulilah all the same - you'll be rewarded for doing worship).

i. try to stay ritually pure at all times (i.e. with ghusl)
ii. try to stay in a state of wudhu as often as possible
iii. try to pray all your salah on time
iv. after the fardh of each salah, pray ayatul kursi once
v. pray ayatul kursi thrice + the last three surahs of the quraan also thrice each morning after waking and each night just before sleeping
vi. sleep facing the right side
vii. offer two rakat nafil salah as a sincere gift to Allah and make long dua in which you ask Allah for help and cure. Pour your heart out to Allah. It is better to do this at tahajjud time but whenever it suits you
viii. Try to pray surah Baqarah as often as possible (long sura, so even a few pages a day would be ok)
ix. Plenty of istighfaar/repentance
x. have firm faith and conviction in Allah and believe for definite that he will cure you

Please try the above and if you don't feel any change, try to find other medical opinions.

samzee
11-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Salam ,
Brother thanks for your message. Yes, I have read namaz for sometime. Surah baqarah, three kuls and also tried some other types of sihr remedies i had available, prayed on water for seven days and drank. I do understand that people don't read minds and it is probably a jinn /sihr matter. And probably somebody has done this on purpose.
Have you heard of this problem before. I have searched and asked a few raqi's but they seem to not know much about this. I read a thread posted by Gamsta3 a member here , who mentioned the exact same problems that I seem to be facing. Is it possible for you to learn what has become of him. His thread was about mind reading. May be he found a way out of this.

There are some other types of symptoms:
1. Crows make sound outside my house and whereever i go . (A couple of my friends noticed this once, when I looked at the crow it started crowing and when i turned away it stopped .they were astonished as this happened a dozen times. this has happened on many occasions)

2.When I think about someone , by body flickers. My nerve jumps. On my limbs, stomach or eye.

3.People tell me everything instantly what i am thinking . word for word. I was praying after namaz. and someone within minutes called me and told me what i was praying the exact phrase .

i have been facing this problem for 3 years everyday. It has become unbearable. I somehow finished my studies but I can't talk to anybody or go to work because of this.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-15-2010, 06:26 AM
:sl:
sometimes when we fall into wrong doings (religious related or otherwise) we may feel guilty. this guilt tends to makes us paranoid and we want to desperately cover it up..this thought leads to fear (that we wont be able to cover it up and that people will find out). this fear has us constantly thinking that we arent doing anything to cover it up and that people can read our minds and find out our secrets.

im not saying this is what is happening to you or that you are guilty of something, but this could be a reason and if it is the case, then you shouldn't worry about what others think, especially if you have committed a sin since it is only between you and Allah.

constant fear and paranoia can lead to 2 things:
1. ironically, fear and paranoia may lead us to falling into something we have been avoiding...that is people finding out what we are trying to hide since out of that fear and paranoia we somehow manage to "dob" ourselves in (this is in the case were we are guilty of something).

2. falling into something worse than what we are covering. the result of irrational is relay ever rational.

there is obviously a cause to this type of behavior because (and with due respect) this irrational behavior isn't actual normal...it isn't normal to assume that people can read your mind (people usually cant) so there is something triggering it that needs to be dealt with, and not so much the actual paranoia itself.

you should do extra ibaadah and concentrate on your aakhira as these usually are an "anesthetic" to the problems of this world.

also, make dua for allah to make things easy for you and to cure you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
samzee
11-15-2010, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
:sl:
sometimes when we fall into wrong doings (religious related or otherwise) we may feel guilty. this guilt tends to makes us paranoid and we want to desperately cover it up..this thought leads to fear (that we wont be able to cover it up and that people will find out). this fear has us constantly thinking that we arent doing anything to cover it up and that people can read our minds and find out our secrets.

im not saying this is what is happening to you or that you are guilty of something, but this could be a reason and if it is the case, then you shouldn't worry about what others think, especially if you have committed a sin since it is only between you and Allah.

constant fear and paranoia can lead to 2 things:
1. ironically, fear and paranoia may lead us to falling into something we have been avoiding...that is people finding out what we are trying to hide since out of that fear and paranoia we somehow manage to "dob" ourselves in (this is in the case were we are guilty of something).

2. falling into something worse than what we are covering. the result of irrational is relay ever rational.

there is obviously a cause to this type of behavior because (and with due respect) this irrational behavior isn't actual normal...it isn't normal to assume that people can read your mind (people usually cant) so there is something triggering it that needs to be dealt with, and not so much the actual paranoia itself.

you should do extra ibaadah and concentrate on your aakhira as these usually are an "anesthetic" to the problems of this world.

also, make dua for allah to make things easy for you and to cure you.
Thank you for your response. I understand what you are saying from a rational point of view. Wrong doings you refer to depends upon the person and his environment and upbringing. But I can assure you I am an utterly simple person. I don't smoke , drink , do drugs, never cheated anybody, never conspired against anybody, tried to hurt anybody, or anything that comes that falls really wrong under a normal radar. Unfortunately, I am a straight arrow, and speak my mind without sugarcoating .

Believe me, I know were you are coming from. I didn't believe this problem for a year. I came to this conclusion after a lot of deliberation .
I say that someone has purposfully done this, because a couple of months before this problem came to appear I had a confrontation with a person who insulted my father and i defended him and tempers flaired. The person of concern left for a few days to go to his village, after he came back my father fell ill and i started facing this problem.

I know the differnce between right and wrong on a basic level , and morally i consider myself to be a good person. I don't believe I have done anything to deserve this constant ridicule.

My concern with this problem is that someone may try to hurt me or family and daily life has become quite difficult. Because this has meant that socially I have become almost completely withdrawn.

I see people making fun of me and ridiculing me , people around my building , or friends who overnight had become aloof and other stuff.

I had read that jinns can peek in to the head of human beings, can teleport and speak into the ears of human beings.

I would just like some help as to how this is happening. How is this possible, and how I can hope to solve this, and so far whatever I have tried have failed.

Muslim Woman
11-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Salaam

i am having a dream, and upstairs resident wake me up by making noise and shouting mockingly
this is the first time I came to know about such problem. Looks like impossible . Bro , as already advised , offer salat in time and offer extra salat also , recite Quran , take all kinds of medical and psychological helps.

Do u live alone at home ?

Ask Allah to help you . Keep praying , InshaAllah u will be ok .

Dagless
11-15-2010, 06:00 PM
You are already offering salat and dua's so I think it is important you see a doctor as soon as possible. You can see an imam too if you'd like to be extra sure that the problem is psychological and nothing else. Psychological illnesses do exist so it would be beneficial (religiously and otherwise) to seek help from a professional. Take the medication they prescribe and isha'Allah it will help. Also tell a family member or good friend about it so that they can support you as you seek medical treatment.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!