/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why the learned can't be radicalized or manipulated?

sabr*
11-12-2010, 11:53 PM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Why the learned of the Muslim Ummah can't be radicalized or manipulated?

The foundation of Islam is based upon learning. When a person doesn't receive the basic fundamentals and relies upon others to dictate or interpet Islam they are subject to manipulation.

Surah Alaq 96:1-5

اقْرَأْ بِاسْمِ رَبِّكَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ (96:1)

Iqra biismi rabbika allathee khalaqa
96:1 Proclaim! (or read!) in the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created-

خَلَقَ الْإِنسَانَ مِنْ عَلَقٍ (96:2)
Khalaqa alinsana min AAalaqin

96:2 Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood:

اقْرَأْ وَرَبُّكَ الْأَكْرَمُ (96:3)
Iqra warabbuka alakramu

96:3 Proclaim! And thy Lord is Most Bountiful,-

الَّذِي عَلَّمَ بِالْقَلَمِ (96:4)
Allathee AAallama bialqalami

96:4 He Who taught (the use of) the pen,-

عَلَّمَ الْإِنسَانَ مَا لَمْ يَعْلَمْ (96:5)
AAallama alinsana ma lam yaAAlam
96:5 Taught man that which he knew not.
(Yusuf Ali translation)

If you contribute please stay on topic and if using sources cite so they can be researched.
Insha Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sabr*
11-13-2010, 06:14 PM

Before the Muslim Ummah (community) can move forward collectively to confront the issues that dominate the state of affairs an Islamic State has to be adopted solely on the Sharia. (Islamic Jurisprudence)

All political institutions and laws have to be ruled by a Khilafah ( خلافة) system.

The Muslim Ummah as a whole can then deal with enforcing dar al-Islam دار الإسلام
(The house of Islam) which has the following two aspects:

1. All the laws governing the area have their roots in islamic jurisprudence.
  2. The security al-amaanah ( الأمانة) is in the hands of Muslims.
and confronting dar al-Kufr (The house of unbelief)

The implementation of dar al-Islam will also confronts all the Fitna ( فِتْنَة‎) (secession, upheaval and chaos) occurring within the Ummah.

sabr*
11-13-2010, 06:24 PM

Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 89, Number 256:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Allah's Apostle said, "You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin."

sabr*
11-13-2010, 06:25 PM

Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 89, Number 258:

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet said, "A Muslim has to listen to and obey (the order of his ruler) whether he likes it or not, as long as his orders involve not one in disobedience (to Allah), but if an act of disobedience (to Allah) is imposed one should not listen to it or obey it. (See Hadith No. 203, Vol. 4)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sabr*
11-13-2010, 06:28 PM

Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 89, Number 263:

Narrated Abu Musa:

Two men from my tribe and I entered upon the Prophet. One of the two men said to the Prophet, "O Allah's Apostle! Appoint me as a governor," and so did the second. The Prophet said, "We do not assign the authority of ruling to those who ask for it, nor to those who are keen to have it."

sabr*
11-13-2010, 06:30 PM

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 3, Number 56:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

While the Prophet was saying something in a gathering, a Bedouin came and asked him, "When would the Hour (Doomsday) take place?" Allah's Apostle continued his talk, so some people said that Allah's Apostle had heard the question, but did not like what that Bedouin had asked. Some of them said that Alllah's Apostle had not heard it. When the Prophet finished his speech, he said, "Where is the questioner, who enquired about the Hour (Doomsday)?" The Bedouin said, "I am here, O Allah's Apostle ." Then the Prophet said, "When honesty is lost, then wait for the Hour (Doomsday)." The Bedouin said, "How will that be lost?" The Prophet said, "When the power or authority comes in the hands of unfit persons, then wait for the Hour (Doomsday.)"

sabr*
11-13-2010, 06:33 PM

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 71:

Narrated Muawiya:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "If Allah wants to do good to a person, He makes him comprehend the religion. I am just a distributor, but the grant is from Allah. (And remember) that this nation (true Muslims) will keep on following Allah's teachings strictly and they will not be harmed by any one going on a different path till Allah's order (Day of Judgment) is established."

M.I.A.
11-13-2010, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabr*

Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 89, Number 256:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Allah's Apostle said, "You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin."
im probably getting foot in mouth again but what does that mean?

GuestFellow
11-13-2010, 09:50 PM
^ :sl:

...Your not alone...

M.I.A.
11-13-2010, 10:27 PM
dont make me freek out.

ok, more drivel and controversy.

at first i thought out prophet peace and blessings be upon him would not have said that as the last part of the sentence is kinda derogatory... after all he peace and blessings be upon him was a free'er of slaves and i doubt he would make light of anybody's physical charectoeristics.

then i thought maybe they were not his own personal voicings but an analogy which the people would understand.
that even if the person that governs you is lowly and unapealing in your eyes you should still follow the orders of that person.

i have yet to bemuse myself with when this would apply and how this relates to the teachings of the quran and how a muslim struggles for islam.

i dont know if the hadith relates to a particular event or person as for all my ponderings i aint got a clue what im on about.

IAmZamzam
11-13-2010, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
im probably getting foot in mouth again but what does that mean?
It means not to judge other people racially, and if it looks ironic or hypocritical in that respect then it's only because you're not really considering the hypothetical...sarcastic...whatever the word is...device involved. It's like if an anti-black racist and I were on trial for something and were were arguing about the other guy's insistence that we fire or refuse our public defender because he's black and I said, "Look, I don't care if he is black. I don't care if he has the thickest lips and frizziest hair in the world and if you personally find him inseparable from a monkey. I don't care if he even talks like a pidgin-speaking slave out of a D.W. Griffith film. He's a good lawyer so we're sticking with him, got that?" It doesn't make me the racist: I'm just throwing his own stereotypes back at him and saying that even if someone is the most extreme and offensive stereotypic example of a prejudged group, that doesn't make the stereotype about them excusable. Do you understand now?

M.I.A.
11-13-2010, 11:41 PM
yep i totaly get what you are saying, its a little more than racial sterotypes though if you dont mind me pointing out.

IAmZamzam
11-14-2010, 12:56 AM
yep i totaly get what you are saying, its a little more than racial sterotypes though if you dont mind me pointing out.
Now I'm afraid I'm the one who doesn't get what you're saying.

أحمد
11-14-2010, 01:02 AM
:sl:

A statement may indicate one meaning, while its translation may not do justice to its correct meaning.

:wa:

M.I.A.
11-14-2010, 01:12 AM
never mind, i seem to have over complicated things in my own head.
your answers are of better understanding than mine.

sabr*
11-16-2010, 11:23 PM
never mind, i seem to have over complicated things in my own head.
your answers are of better understanding than mine.

Akhi M.I.A.:

Your thinking with a progressive mindset 2010. Slavery during the times of Prophet Muhammad (

) was worldwide and in different forms. I hope this doesn't shock you but there was tribalism (nationalism, racism and discrimination) during the times of the Nabi Muhammad (

) and there is still the same today.

It will be ostensibly denied but the reality is it continues. Just view the different Masjids within a block radius with different ethnic groups. I see it when I travel, etc.

Yes you have those who practice the Sunna who will make every attempt to make every Muslim feel confortable and embraced when visiting the masjid. How many homes have you been invited?

The reality is that everyone is seperated socially, economically, status, education, etc.

What African American who isn't a celebrity, doctor, lawyer or engineer go to the Masjid and request Niqah with a University Muslimah from the Hejaz, Middle East or Pakistan. The reality the chances are slim to impossible.

If you read the entire volumes of Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim and entire Sahih Sitta (Sound six) you will get an idea of the thought about slaves during that time period. They were not just black. They were of all nationalities but treated the same. The Quran addresses slavery. I am surprised your surprised.

Islam dealt and deals with real life situations and what is occurring at the time or future. The word of Allah covers every aspect of life. So yes slavery is addressed in the Quran and Sunna.

Bilal ibn Rabah (Arabic: بلال بن رباح‎) or Bilal al-Habashi was an Ethiopian born in Mecca and the former slave of Abu Bakr. The first مؤذن mu’aḏḏin).

Read the sira -Life of Nabi Muhammad (

)

Jazakumullahu Khair

M.I.A.
11-17-2010, 03:46 PM
i would say if you have bills to pay or morgages or car instalments, then you are a slave.
it does not look that way but ultimately you are subservant to the direct debits.

the only hope is that one day we will serve just people.
anyway god is the greatest and we ultimately serve him.. even if we are slaves or not.

sabr*
11-17-2010, 06:27 PM
i would say if you have bills to pay or morgages or car instalments, then you are a slave.
it does not look that way but ultimately you are subservant to the direct debits.

the only hope is that one day we will serve just people.

anyway god is the greatest and we ultimately serve him.. even if we are slaves or not.

Akhi M.I.A.:

I realize that had to be a mistake. Insha Allah

Is english your second language?

Jazakumullahu Khair

M.I.A.
11-18-2010, 12:03 AM
depends, i think freedom of choice has had a lengthy debate already.

sabr*
11-18-2010, 12:49 AM
depends, i think freedom of choice has had a lengthy debate already.

Akhi M.I.A.:

I have no idea what you are talking about.

M.I.A.
11-18-2010, 09:32 PM
sorry, please explain my mistake.... i didnt get your post either.

my reply on serving just people is that once you have given up on fighting the people you serve then it becomes apparent if they are just or not.
maybe what i meant to say is one day i hope to serve somebody who i want to serve fully. finding faultless people is a bit of a dream though... maybe finding understanding people is almost as hard.

english is my first language btw, doesnt count for much though lol.

sabr*
11-18-2010, 11:50 PM
sorry, please explain my mistake.... i didnt get your post either.

my reply on serving just people is that once you have given up on fighting the people you serve then it becomes apparent if they are just or not.
maybe what i meant to say is one day i hope to serve somebody who i want to serve fully. finding faultless people is a bit of a dream though... maybe finding understanding people is almost as hard.

english is my first language btw, doesnt count for much though lol.

Akhi M.I.A.:

Strive to follow the revelations of Allah and his Nabi Muhammad (

). You will be guided by personal opinions following men and lead astray.

Just view the forum. When you view someone saying in my opinion verses Allah or his Nabi directed stay far away.

sabr*
01-11-2011, 08:47 PM

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 3, Number 56:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

While the Prophet was saying something in a gathering, a Bedouin came and asked him, "When would the Hour (Doomsday) take place?" Allah's Apostle continued his talk, so some people said that Allah's Apostle had heard the question, but did not like what that Bedouin had asked. Some of them said that Alllah's Apostle had not heard it. When the Prophet finished his speech, he said, "Where is the questioner, who enquired about the Hour (Doomsday)?" The Bedouin said, "I am here, O Allah's Apostle ." Then the Prophet said, "When honesty is lost, then wait for the Hour (Doomsday)." The Bedouin said, "How will that be lost?" The Prophet said, "When the power or authority comes in the hands of unfit persons, then wait for the Hour (Doomsday.)"

sabr*
01-11-2011, 08:57 PM

The Doha Debates:

http://www.thedohadebates.com/debates/specials.asp#33

IAmZamzam
01-11-2011, 09:33 PM
The Prophet said, "When honesty is lost, then wait for the Hour (Doomsday)." The Bedouin said, "How will that be lost?" The Prophet said, "When the power or authority comes in the hands of unfit persons, then wait for the Hour (Doomsday.)"
How are we to know the difference?? Power is very seldom in the hands of fit people anyway.

sabr*
01-11-2011, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
How are we to know the difference?? Power is very seldom in the hands of fit people anyway.

Akhi Yahya Sulaiman:

If anyone requires someone to inform them of the corrupt governments in countries dominated by Muslim populations then nothing will assist you in this recognition. The apologist for the corrupt regimes will come to their aid. The apologist will make excuses for those who kill innocent women, children, elderly and non-combatants.

Attachment 4215

IAmZamzam
01-11-2011, 09:56 PM
What made you think I wasn't aware of that? I'm asking where the distinction lies given that every single large society of earth (as far as I know, anyway) is corrupt in different ways. Corruption isn't just inevitable in politics, it's synonymous with politics.

sabr*
01-11-2011, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
What made you think I wasn't aware of that? I'm asking where the distinction lies given that every single large society of earth (as far as I know, anyway) is corrupt in different ways. Corruption isn't just inevitable in politics, it's synonymous with politics.

Akhi Yahya Sulaiman:

We concur!

Iman (إيمان) (Strength of a Muslims conviction or belief) and Taqwá (التقوى ') (Allah consciousness) are two qualities that will define and differentiate those who rule with Shariah and those who continue to be corrupt.
Attachment 4216

Tyrion
01-12-2011, 10:27 AM

Akhi Yahya Sulaiman:

We concur!

Iman (إيمان) (Strength of a Muslims conviction or belief) and Taqwá (التقوى ') (Allah consciousness) are two qualities that will define and differentiate those who rule with Shariah and those who continue to be corrupt.
Attachment 4216
Okay, this has been bugging me for a while now about your posts, so I think I'll just ask now... What's with the "we"'s in your posts? o.o

sabr*
03-07-2011, 06:10 PM

Those who follow the commandments of Allah and Sunnah of Nabi Muhammad (

) have always voiced the expulsion of the autocrats and monarchies. Didn't need to wait for the tide of history and when it was fashionable to side with the oppressed people.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!