/* */

PDA

View Full Version : INTERVENE or WALK AWAY

babo
11-14-2010, 07:41 AM
When you see a person being insulted in public by someone else because of their religion or race. and you hear the aggressor telling her/him to go back to your country. As a Muslim, What do you do ? will you intervene or just walk away saying its none of my business ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
11-14-2010, 02:03 PM
:sl:

Perhaps you need another option in the POLL

I would take any legal and halal steps needed to stop the oppressor.

Most verbal oppressors can be stopped with out physical force, physical force is only needed if it is the only option for defense.

Beardo
11-14-2010, 11:28 PM
To be honest, I MIGHT say a word or two, but my preference would be to remain silent. If it gets violent, I will definitely call the police.

جوري
11-14-2010, 11:36 PM
call 911 immediately photograph it with my camera phone and threaten with any blunt/sharp object I can find and fight to the death because I am always in a fighting mood!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
11-14-2010, 11:37 PM
^ Oh that's a smart one. Record or snapshot so nobody can deny what happened.

جوري
11-14-2010, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
^ Oh that's a smart one. Record or snapshot so nobody can deny what happened.
It also means any trauma they sustain and believe me I can inflict trauma when the devils get a hold of me in an enraged moment would be considered self-defense!

Tyrion
11-14-2010, 11:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

It also means any trauma they sustain and believe me I can inflict trauma when the devils get a hold of me in an enraged moment would be considered self-defense!
*makes mental note to never get on your bad side*

:p

GuestFellow
11-15-2010, 12:20 AM
:sl:

Personally, if I see someone being insulted, I would move the victim out of the way. I'm not sure how I would react, because I don't behave the same way in every situation. For example, on the bus or train, I would behave differently because it is so crowded...

Dagless
11-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Being insulted does not mean the are being physically attacked. Violence as a last resort.

Hayaa
11-15-2010, 06:06 AM
If there's a mahram with me, I would like nothing more than to approach them and ask whether or not they own the country and thereby have any right to ignorantly decide who can live in it or not!

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

You'll absolutely love this. ;D

tango92
11-15-2010, 08:37 PM
brothers we need to become Men. if a time like this comes and you sit back and do nothing, you will very likely feel very ashamed of yourself.

arm yourselves today with the mental courage and mindset to take on such people

aadil77
11-16-2010, 12:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hayaa
If there's a mahram with me, I would like nothing more than to approach them and ask whether or not they own the country and thereby have any right to ignorantly decide who can live in it or not!

You'll absolutely love this. ;D
lol, that was some proper militant axe-wielding sis, thats how its gotta be

Dagless
11-16-2010, 01:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
lol, that was some proper militant axe-wielding sis, thats how its gotta be
You say that but she could easily have been shot... lot's of people are.

Hayaa
11-16-2010, 02:07 AM
:sl: Probably but who knows, he may have shot her even after she gave him the $$$.. I still respect her courage!

جوري
11-16-2010, 04:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
You say that but she could easily have been shot... lot's of people are.
it is a fight or flight type situation.. I didn't see much room for her to flee.. aside from that, this is jihad proper -- Jihad in your money and your property , and your children-- she'd have died a martyr, the death of nobility not cowardice..

that is exactly what I had in mind grab a blunt object and prepare for battle!

GuestFellow
11-16-2010, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Being insulted does not mean the are being physically attacked. Violence as a last resort.
I agree, violence should be used as a last resort. The UK law has very strict guide line for self-defence.

Self-defence does not mean that the victim can give the aggressor a good thrashing but to use reasonable force to protect themselves, other people or property. I know some people feel if they are being attacked, they can do whatever they want to the aggressor...which kinda destroys the entire purpose of self-defence.

IslamicRevival
01-13-2011, 02:24 AM
It depends on the situation. If it gets out of hand i would try my best to help the person being oppressed, verbally or physically. Having said that..Its easier said..then done so Allah Azzawajal knows best

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!