/* */

PDA

View Full Version : cherish your first gray hair

جوري
11-14-2010, 09:27 PM
man '' Death how dare you come for me without a warning''?-- I hardly think it fair that you should seize my soul in the night without fair warning!

Death- ''But I gave you many warnings and now you must come with me''

Man ''what warning did you give? you've come now and come disguised''

death -- 'ah, did I not give you, your first gray hair when you were twenty'?

man ''that was in the dawn of my youth it shouldn't count''

death '' and I gave you essential hypertension at forty''

man '' that was the height of my manhood, it shouldn't count''

death '' one by one your elders before you have come''

man reflect upon those words

death '' look in the mirror''

to be continued or you continue it.. I was thinking about this-- pondering whether I should pluck out a stray gray hair!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
11-14-2010, 09:37 PM
i heard if you pull them out you get more growing - or is that a myth

GuestFellow
11-14-2010, 09:39 PM
:sl:

I never knew you can view grey hair in a positive light.

Tyrion
11-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Bah, I got my first gray hair at around age 16ish. Now I'm getting closer to 20 and I've got a few more here and there... mostly on the top of my head. They don't really bother me, and they're not too noticeable... Except for one hair that seems to always be longer than the rest... and that one hair is more silver than grey... and it's shiny. o.o

Btw, why are there two ways of spelling gray/grey? D: I never know which one to use...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
11-14-2010, 10:09 PM
1- I think they tend to grow in crops hence the myth.. so if you find one you're bound to find two or three close by and think the myth is true.
2-I am not sure I am viewing it in a positive light -- I remember once reading a rumi poem which I haven't been able to find since that day I browsed a website and it went '' just when I thought nothing comes after black, my black hair turns white' such profound words.. that the first time one finally escapes the dark it comes at the price of ones youth..
3- grey/gray are the British/American spelling in that order sort of like color and colour/ fetus and foetus..

so use what you like :D

Danah
11-14-2010, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
Bah, I got my first gray hair at around age 16ish. Now I'm getting closer to 20 and I've got a few more here and there..
My friend got her first grey hair when she was 13! We used to think that grey hair is always related to age, but I think it's not always the case.

S.Belle
11-14-2010, 10:27 PM
ahh its just hair the gray only adds character to it it looks nice (im saying that now bc i dont have any lol)

This applies to both men and women. 'Amr ibn Shu'aib related on the authority of his father from his grandfather that the Prophet said, "Do not pluck the grey hairs as they are a Muslim's light. Never a Muslim grows grey in Islam except that Allah writes for him, due to that, a good deed. And he raises him a degree. And he erases for him, due to that, one of his sins." (Related by Ahmad, Abu Dawud, at-Tirmizhi, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah.) And Anas said, "We used to hate that a man should pluck out his white hairs from his head or beard." (Related by Muslim.)
http://www.hadithcollection.com/fiqh...fiqh-1023.html

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said that Said ibn al-Musayyub said, "Ibrahim, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was the first to give hospitality to the guest and the first person to be circumcised and the first person to trim the moustache and the first person to see grey hair. He said, 'O Lord! What is this?' Allah the Blessed, the Exalted, said, 'It is dignity, Ibrahim.' He said, 'Lord, increase me in dignity!'"
http://www.hadithcollection.com/mali...umber-004.html

so pray for more !!;D

R Khan
11-14-2010, 10:37 PM
What if im bald headed?

جوري
11-14-2010, 10:40 PM
you are right in that they don't have anything to do with age, I did get my first sometime in my teenage yrs.. I was thoroughly amused, but it was very light and I have very light chestnut hair anyway so it blended in the background.. now I have gray/whitish proper and it glistens in the midst of the rest..
I am indeed leaving them be, they are not bothering me and I don't want to bother them..

khan, baldness is a sign of virility enjoy it!

:w:

CosmicPathos
11-14-2010, 10:55 PM
i saw a gray hair in my head the other day. then i saw one in my beard ....

glo
11-15-2010, 06:44 AM
I only started finding grey hairs when I reached the age of forty.
Now I can see the odd silver hair, when I brush my hair in the morning. I don't pull them out anymore. I figure that I better get used to them! They glisten quite beautifully, but the hair structure seems very different. Much more wiry.
Does anybody know why that is?

Mad scientist, my hubby used to have ginger hair. He is getting quite grey on his head now, but his beard is almost completely grey. I love it!

tango92
11-15-2010, 07:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
i saw a gray hair in my head the other day. then i saw one in my beard ....
nice! ive got many brown strands in my beard. a bit like Rashad. also my other bangali freind has also got them.
uncle woodrow mentioned in another thread it has something to do with iranian ancestry.

the other day a wise man was telling me, in this dunya we see everything as changing. your house doesnt look the same now as it did a yr ago perhaps even a day ago. every single thing in the dunya is like this. the only one exempt is Allah swt who is free of these things. its a sign that everything is coming closer and closer to its end.

everything will have its peak.

Ramadhan
11-15-2010, 07:56 AM
The guy who cut my hair told me that if you get a somewhat premature gray hair, you will get bald later than average.
I am happy with this, as I have already some gray hair a strand here a strand there.

syilla
11-15-2010, 08:43 AM
salams...this thread remind me of a hadith. regarding Prophet muhammad grey hair. Sahabah counted his grey hair when he died..and he had only 20++ (can't really remember hehe sorry) when he died. now i need to find 'that' hair oil....where is it???

جوري
11-15-2010, 10:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said that Said ibn al-Musayyub said, "Ibrahim, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was the first to give hospitality to the guest and the first person to be circumcised and the first person to trim the moustache and the first person to see grey hair. He said, 'O Lord! What is this?' Allah the Blessed, the Exalted, said, 'It is dignity, Ibrahim.' He said, 'Lord, increase me in dignity!'" http://www.hadithcollection.com/mali...umber-004.html
I really loved this hadith, Jazaki Allah khyran..

format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
salams...this thread remind me of a hadith. regarding Prophet muhammad grey hair. Sahabah counted his grey hair when he died..and he had only 20++ (can't really remember hehe sorry) when he died. now i need to find 'that' hair oil....where is it???
yup sob7an Allah...

Woodrow
11-15-2010, 11:31 AM
:sl:

I haven't seen any color except gray in my head for a very long time. But, it is a good reminder that when there is snow on the roof our time in this dunya will end just as the snow eventually melts. It is a nice reminder that this dunya is only a temporary school and one day we get to graduate.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!