Mr.President
11-15-2010, 07:34 AM
this is going to be the first eid

I will only go to masjid and again return back to room .... imsad

any idea how to get rid of this loneliness

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
11-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Are you studying away from home? You could always phone? Don't worry there should be some Muslims around and you always have us on the forum ;)

Mr.President
11-15-2010, 08:51 AM
im working abroad

yea can phone but cant stay on phone 4 12 hrs it will be just 15 mins.....

yea I am planing to stay on forum insha allah will see

here in UAE 2maro eid

Raaina
11-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Sorry to hear you are feeling lonely Brother :(
I'm going to be celebrating eid alone also, as non of my family are muslim :(

I'm sure you will be able to find some other muslims in UAE to celebrate with :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
11-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Is there any activity in your masjid after the eid prayer?
Maybe you can stay and join them?

Is there some sort of muslim community from your homecountry where you can join?

When I was studying in Australia, the indonesian muslim community would organize a barbeque after sholat ied, so we always had people around to talk to and enjoy the food.

Mr.President
11-15-2010, 11:20 AM
@raaina
@naidamr

tx ... BT i dont think in UAE thrs any activity

Tilmeez
11-15-2010, 11:37 AM
What? You are now doing Job? So bad of you, Mr. president! Just relax.

I had many such Eids and did not had any internet or any other thing to spend time with but still never felt lonely(I had friends and other relatives in the same city but would not take more than 2 hours and finish meeting with them all :) ). I was a bit worried when on an Eid got seriously ill and no one was there to attend me. I could not even get up to pick a bottle of water from fridge.

I like the idea of br. naidamar that try finding a masjid with collective qurbani / Zabiha activity and offer your services for free :p they will be more than happy.... you can at least give them drinking water when they feel thirsty while working on cows :)

I think calling back home is costly from UAE. Alternate, read some books or go to bed and depreciate your sleep :X

Eid Mubaraak! :)

glo
11-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Wishing you a wonderful Eid, Mr President.
So sorry to hear that you are celebrating on your own ...

How would you be celebrating, if you were with your friends and family?

GuestFellow
11-15-2010, 06:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President
this is going to be the first eid

I will only go to masjid and again return back to room .... imsad

any idea how to get rid of this loneliness
:sl:

Why not watch an Islamic movie? I always watch The Message, I never get bored of it or read the English translation of the Qur'an.

Eid Mubaraak!

Mr.President
11-15-2010, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
How would you be celebrating, if you were with your friends and family?
wow ... can't express in words ..

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

now I feel tht I am missing a big event

Life_Is_Short
11-15-2010, 07:30 PM
This is my first Eid away from home too. To make matters worse I have to go university tomorrow. My flat mate is a Muslim but she wants to do something else. imsad

Mr.President
11-15-2010, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez
What? You are now doing Job? So bad of you, Mr. president! Just relax.

I had many such Eids and did not had any internet or any other thing to spend time with but still never felt lonely(I had friends and other relatives in the same city but would not take more than 2 hours and finish meeting with them all :) ). I was a bit worried when on an Eid got seriously ill and no one was there to attend me. I could not even get up to pick a bottle of water from fridge.

I like the idea of br. naidamar that try finding a masjid with collective qurbani / Zabiha activity and offer your services for free :p they will be more than happy.... you can at least give them drinking water when they feel thirsty while working on cows :)

I think calling back home is costly from UAE. Alternate, read some books or go to bed and depreciate your sleep :X

Eid Mubaraak! :)
tx for sharing tilmeez

The problem is since I don't know arabic I don't think I can participate and help another thing
if its a south asian country I know how they do things ... i mean qurbani and alll but I don't know how they do it here

Mr.President
11-15-2010, 07:32 PM
@Life_Is_Short
sister at least u have a flat mate

Mr.President
11-15-2010, 07:38 PM
jazakallah kyrn professor

CosmicPathos
11-15-2010, 08:53 PM
prof, this will be my first eid away from my family as well. i can sympathize how you feel.

aadil77
11-15-2010, 11:59 PM
do you have any friends around there who are alone too? maybe you can meet up with them?

see whats going on in the masjids after salah, they might have something going on for everyone

Mr.President
11-16-2010, 02:14 AM
yea insha allah now Im gonna go 4 eid prayyers

roohani.doctor
11-16-2010, 02:55 AM
:( first lonely eid for me as well. And I have a test in the morning... Perfect way to start Eid :s Also got no family in the country, just a few friends. anyhoo, eid mubarak to all of you!

Woodrow
11-16-2010, 03:00 AM

Use this as a time to reflect upon the meaning of Eid ul-Adha. Sometimes solitude and away from family and friends gives us a chance to remember Allaah(swt) to a higher degree.

Do not fret over what is missing, look instead at what you have and take the opportunity to celebrate eid with piety. the chance does not always occur and this could be your last opportunity to Celebrate eid with Allaah(swt) alone.

Yanal
11-16-2010, 03:13 AM

Just like grandpa Woodrow said,take this time and use it wisely,some Muslims celebrate Eid excessively and forget about Allaah,this is a great opportunity to get closer with Allaah and do your best.

Otherwise you always have the forum and us(the members),insha'Allaah we will always be there for you.:)Eid Mubarak to you and all the other Muslims.

Mr.President
11-16-2010, 07:03 AM
jazakallah kyr woodrow and yanal

Amat Allah
11-16-2010, 07:27 AM
Eid Mubaarak to you my respected brother and May Allah be pleased with you and fill your heart with His rememberance with the endless Taqwa Imaan happiness peace comfort and satisfaction and all the Ummah Ameeeeeeeeeeen

'Abd Al-Maajid
11-16-2010, 11:52 AM
This will be my last Eid with my Family and friends.

And Eid Mubarak, everyone!

aadil77
11-16-2010, 10:34 PM
how did the eid go, wasn't too bad was it?

Mr.President
11-17-2010, 09:07 AM
nah it was okay most of the time I just spent in masjid just sitting in the masjid also some kind of relax

read some books

jazakallah kyr dor IB brothers and sisters

Danah
11-17-2010, 09:17 AM
If you have some friends you will be able to have an awesome Eid, try to go out with them and have some great time. If you are living in Sharjah I think you might even have a better Eid because if I am not mistaken you will see some activities there for Eid.

Eid Mubarak everyone

Life_Is_Short
11-17-2010, 11:42 AM
I got to spend my Eid with the some sisters in their second and fourth year. Alhamdulilah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!