/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Share your eid meal!

tango92
11-16-2010, 11:08 AM
im hoping this thread will be something like the ramadanyat thread only its gonna get action maybe twice a yr.

so lets see it. thus far the chef of the household (my Mum) has prepared

Semiya (dont know what its called in english) which is basically like spaghetti but made with milk and is sweet

Lamb!!! i dont think it was a sacrifice though

and we have a small box of metai (err sweets in english) these are desi sweets, i think...

thats All folks!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd Al-Maajid
11-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Err...Those sweets are available in UK?! Those are typical desi sweets! ;D

tango92
11-16-2010, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
Err...Those sweets are available in UK?! Those are typical desi sweets! ;D
yep. london has been invaded by desi's. my ends are basically packed with the ethnic minorities. theres ambala shops and everything you could find in asia basically

oh and you can have some if you like. just leave some for me!!

'Abd Al-Maajid
11-16-2010, 12:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
london has been invaded by desi's.
Pay back time! So when are they planning to get back the kohinoor? ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tango92
11-16-2010, 12:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid

Pay back time! So when are they planning to get back the kohinoor? ;D
the what now?

well i guess numbers wont be enough. we also need the backbone to fight to get it. but err its just a rock. hmm maybe Muraad can find a use for it.....

Amoeba
11-16-2010, 12:34 PM
I can't cook so I'll probably be having my usual pasta with fish in a ready-made jar of sauce or something.

Those sweets look tasty. I tried something that looks similar and I've never tasted anything so sweet in my life, I could only eat a tiny bit before I was full.

~Raindrop~
11-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Can't post anything yet, but I'm hoping the gujis show us some of those ever-so-pretty little biscuits and things they make :p

GuestFellow
11-16-2010, 01:31 PM
:sl:

I'm going to have 2 green apples and apple juice...I like apples.

tango92
11-16-2010, 01:37 PM
we need pics guys!

Predator
11-16-2010, 02:19 PM

Semiya (dont know what its called in english) !!
It is called Vermicelli

tango92
11-16-2010, 11:21 PM
ill post the roast chicken 2morrow IA.

edit: looks like the pics mysteriously dissapeared.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
11-16-2010, 11:28 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Kool thread, didnt take any geeky pics but leme do it more professionally, which is by "googling" it :-\

<---a refreshing glass of water i mean :-\ : D

<-- And we didnt have lamb we had Chicken!

I cant remember what else we had :-\

Thats all :-\

wa alaaykum salaam

Yanal
11-17-2010, 12:46 AM
:sl:

That makes me hungry,although our Eid is tommorow.

PouringRain
11-17-2010, 02:21 AM
Semiya (dont know what its called in english) which is basically like spaghetti but made with milk and is sweet
I gave you a rep comment saying that it reminds me of rice pudding except you use noodles instead of rice....... so, I just wanted to comment that I googled your semiya (semiya payasam) and it says it is basically rice pudding but with vermicelli noodles instead of rice. I made a good guess! :)

Beardo
11-17-2010, 02:23 AM
Dude, if you post'em, you gotta share'em too, or you're just going to get a stomachache from all of us slobbering on our keyboards. >_<

iA I'll try to take a pic of my Eid food tomorrow. ;D

جوري
11-17-2010, 02:36 AM

^^ that is what I had called fatta rice/bread/meat.. I don't care for the rest since I am not big on lamb to begin with-- lamb seems unfriendly, like unchartered territory -- I feel the same way about it as I do about quails..

sister herb
11-17-2010, 05:33 AM
Salam alaykum;

I took part to two different eid party yesterday; at the first with Somalis here and ate some they foods (not know names but there where lamb, rice and salads) and later the second with Kurdish and with them I ate "dolma" and "baklava".

I am not originally neither Somali or Kurdish, but they are my students and invited me to they parties. :p

tango92
11-17-2010, 06:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Dude, if you post'em, you gotta share'em too, or you're just going to get a stomachache from all of us slobbering on our keyboards. >_<

iA I'll try to take a pic of my Eid food tomorrow. ;D
no prob. tell me where you live Rashad and i might give you a little surprise.....

Ramadhan
11-17-2010, 07:43 AM
I didn't take pictures, but these are what we had:

1. Sate Kambing (lamb satay/grilled lamb skewered)
with sweet soy sauce, shallots, tomatoes and chillies

2. Gule Kambing (mutton curry)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!