/* */

PDA

View Full Version : query regarding making up of fasts

muslimgirl12
11-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Salaam -

you know when your were younger and somethimes you parents didnt let you fast for whateva reason
or you missed a fast when you were younger without any reason - do you have to do kaffarah (60 fasts) for that
or do you just make up the days you think you might have missed -

also i used to fast before fasting was farz on me (just a few days at a time) and i remember eating once -
now im not sure if this was when fasting was farz on me or not - all i remember is being very young - what do you do in this case - ????

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sabr*
11-17-2010, 06:15 PM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Ukhti muslimgirl12:

The question can be answered by you. When you review who fasting is obligatory upon and if you fit the criteria you can only answer it. Unless you are seeking an opinion.
What does Allah and his Nabi Muhammad (

) direct? Then apply it.

http://www.islamhouse.com/p/232019

http://www.islamicvoice.com/january.97/rama7.htm#R0

Jazakumullahu Khair

Hamza Asadullah
11-18-2010, 01:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimgirl12
Salaam -

you know when your were younger and somethimes you parents didnt let you fast for whateva reason
or you missed a fast when you were younger without any reason - do you have to do kaffarah (60 fasts) for that
or do you just make up the days you think you might have missed -

also i used to fast before fasting was farz on me (just a few days at a time) and i remember eating once -
now im not sure if this was when fasting was farz on me or not - all i remember is being very young - what do you do in this case - ????
Asalaamu Alaikum, if you missed fasts before you went through puberty then you do not have to make up for it as it was not obligatory upon you at that time. But if you did not fast after you went through puberty then you do have to make up for it by fasting qadha fasts. If you broke the fast intentionally by eating or drinking after you went through puberty then you do have to make up for it by doing kaffarah as well as the qadha fasts. If you do not remember how many fasts you have missed after puberty then you should calculate it to the nearest number inshallah.

And Allah knows best in all matters

muslimgirl12
11-19-2010, 08:04 AM
salaam

Brother hamza. what if you dont remember if you broke the fast before or after puberty???
All i remeber was that i was very young

what do you do in this case??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimgirl12
11-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Also brother Hamza - why id there such a difference of opnion regarding qadza/kaffaarah between the 4 schools anf the imamas school of thought

if you follow one school and not the other - are you held accountable ont he day of judgement if you follwed the wrong opinion???

Hamza Asadullah
11-19-2010, 08:30 AM
salaam

Brother hamza. what if you dont remember if you broke the fast before or after puberty???
All i remeber was that i was very young

what do you do in this case??
Asalaamu Alaikum, Do you remember having your periouds around that time or do you think that was before the time you started your periouds?

Hamza Asadullah
11-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Also brother Hamza - why id there such a difference of opnion regarding qadza/kaffaarah between the 4 schools anf the imamas school of thought

if you follow one school and not the other - are you held accountable ont he day of judgement if you follwed the wrong opinion???
There are only two opinions and that is either it is or is'nt Kaffarah depending on the situation. All the opinions of the four imaams were correct and they are a huge blessing on this Ummah. If it were'nt for them we would have so many different opinions not just 1 Or 2. So see them as being a huge blessing to this Ummah.

muslimgirl12
11-19-2010, 08:45 AM
I honestly cannot remember - i think it was before but the reason why i am asking is beacuse i am really not sure -

Also i found this difference opinion amongst the 4 schools and the imamies school of thought:

muslimgirl12
11-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Brother Hamza
i was wondering if you had an answer for the question about not being sure as to whether or not i broke my fast before or after puberty -my instint was that it was before but i cannot be sure

Hamza Asadullah
11-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Brother Hamza
i was wondering if you had an answer for the question about not being sure as to whether or not i broke my fast before or after puberty -my instint was that it was before but i cannot be sure
Asalaamu Alaikum, i apologise for the delay as i was awaiting the reply from my Sheikh in regards to your question and this was his reply:

wa alaikum salaam wa rahmatullah,

They should use their best judgement, and make up the fasts, 30, 60, etc, depending on how many years it was. Just one makeup for every day missed.

If no fasts were "broken", making up the fasts themselves is all they would need to do. No kaffara required.

If it's complete 50/50 uncertitude, then I would say, at least one years worth of fasts (30) should be made up. They do not have to be done consecutively.

wassalam,

Sheikh Mufti Yusuf Mullan

muslimgirl12
11-24-2010, 08:45 AM
Salaam -
Thankyou brother Hamza you have been very helpful -

I think i am suffering from waswas becuase now i have got in my head that i have broken a fast whilst in school - i dont know why im thinking this as i cannot recall a time when i did this whilst at school but am still starting to stress about it -
i keep thinking about it and keep thinking what if i did - i wish i could just stop thinking and just move on - any advise??

muslimgirl12
11-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Salaam

Brother Hamza if you could help me out in this situation - i would be very gratefiul

I just want to move on with my life and be the best muslim i can be but something is always bothering me wheter its one thing or another - above for excample -
this is really stressing me out - i sometimes think maybe i should do the kaffarah so i could just stop thinking about it - oher times i think im being stupid cos i cant remember breaking a fast in school

would this be the sam situation where you said just fats 30days if it was uncertain - or do i just ignore it as i dont recall breaking the any fasts

this is how i started thinking about this in the first place - i remember or i think \(not sure) my friend was once talking about a kaffarah - dont remember if it was me she was talking to or just in general converstion - i dont know how this came into my head after sooo mnay years -

i remember a lot of things in school but breaking a fast isnt one of them - i keeps saying to myself why would i be that stupid but then i think was i that stupid?? do you see what i mean - is this waswas or what is it ???

muslimgirl12
11-25-2010, 08:04 AM
Salaam

Can someone please help me regarding this matter - its really stressing me out - its all i think about

Muslim Woman
11-25-2010, 08:55 AM
Salaam

Sis, Allah does does not burden anyone beyond his/her ability . If u are sure , u missed any fast intentionally , then make the fast with Kaffara. If u can't fast for 60 days , then u can feed the poor ( if have the financial ability ). Otherwise , ask forgiveness and InshaAllah u will find Allah is the most kind , ever merciful.

if u don't remember / not sure about missed fast , then forget about the matter.
I am also not sure if i missed any fast while in school after puberty . To be on the safe side , I have decided to feed the poor as I can't fast for 60 days.

InshaAllah , we will be forgiven for our any mistakes if offer our sincere repentance.

Hamza Asadullah
11-26-2010, 12:57 AM
Salaam

Brother Hamza if you could help me out in this situation - i would be very gratefiul

I just want to move on with my life and be the best muslim i can be but something is always bothering me wheter its one thing or another - above for excample -
this is really stressing me out - i sometimes think maybe i should do the kaffarah so i could just stop thinking about it - oher times i think im being stupid cos i cant remember breaking a fast in school

would this be the sam situation where you said just fats 30days if it was uncertain - or do i just ignore it as i dont recall breaking the any fasts

this is how i started thinking about this in the first place - i remember or i think \(not sure) my friend was once talking about a kaffarah - dont remember if it was me she was talking to or just in general converstion - i dont know how this came into my head after sooo mnay years -

i remember a lot of things in school but breaking a fast isnt one of them - i keeps saying to myself why would i be that stupid but then i think was i that stupid?? do you see what i mean - is this waswas or what is it ???
Asalaamu Alaikum, my sister waswas from shaythan happens to all of us but some more than others depending on the person. Even today when i prayed Isha shaythan was trying to put doubts into my mind saying me i have not got a wudu as i broke it but i actually did have wudu. He tries his best to deter us from worship and his way of doing this is to put doubts in our mind. We must realise that this is hos trick and we must reject his evil whispers and know that he is just trying to deter us from the worship of Allah.

Therefore my sister whenever you get these whispers then just say A'udhubillahi minashaythanirajeem and La Hawla Wala Quwatha illah billah". Also do four Quls Morning and evening as well as Ayatul Qursi after every Salaah and before going to sleep. If he disturbs you in prayer with his evil then turn your head slightly to the left and spittle and say "A'udhubillahi minashaythanirajeem".

You must continue to strive against his evil whispers and keep reminding yourself that he is just trying to put you off worship and keep reciting dhikr of Allah and remembering Allah.

Life is a test sister and this is also a test so strive through it with full hope and reliance in Allah and also realsie that you know he is trying to trick you everytime so be aware of this and do not let him give you doubts in your mind. Think to yourself shaythan is trying to trick you and decieve you to put you off your worship but that you will not let him as you will continue to worship Allah as best you can.

Do not have doubts about the past now. Shaythan just wants you to be in a lost state and in a state of worry so that you can be put off your worship. If you are certain that you did not break any fast then reject whatever shaythan says as you know he is just trying to trick you to make you worry. Do not let shaythan ever put you off worshipping Allah. Rely on Allah and reject whatever shaythan has to say. Be strong against his evil whispers and ask of Allah to also make you strong.

You can fight it sister you have it in you. Keep striving and relying on Allah and do everything to please Allah and increase in your worship. Shaythan knows you want to go towards Allah so he is just trying to deter you but do not let him as he can only whisper and do nothing more so reject him and think of Allah and say those duas whenever you get his whispers. Everything will be ok inshallah.

muslimgirl12
11-26-2010, 08:03 AM
Salaam

Thanks brither hamza - i will try to ignore these thoughts -

I dont remember breaking any fasts but can tbe certain as it was a long time ago -

should i still ignore it or just pay some sadaqa just in cast or keeps some extra fasts

muslimgirl12
11-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Salaam

Thanks brother hamza - i will try to ignore these thoughts -

I dont remember breaking any fasts but cant be certain as it was a long time ago -

should i still ignore it or just pay some sadaqa just in cast or keeps some extra fasts

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!