/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Deaf man regains hearing during pilgrimage

Beardo
11-17-2010, 06:54 PM
http://www.emirates247.com/news/regi...11-16-1.318039

A Somali man who had lost his ability to hear and speak after a bomb explosion in his conflict-battered African country regained his hearing sense while on pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia, a local newspaper reported on Tuesday.

The man, identified only as Shareef, was hit by a bomb during internal clashes in Somalia nearly 20 years ago and decided later to immigrate to Britain after he could no longer hear or speak, Masdar online Arabic language daily said.

Doctors in Britain examined him but found that his condition is incurable, prompting authorities to let him stay as a “deaf-mute” refugee.

The paper said Shareef, in his 40s, has been living in Britain with his wife and four children ever since, adding that he came to Saudi Arabia along with other Somali-British Muslims to perform Haj (pilgrimage), which began on Monday.

“After going around the Grand Mosque in Makkah along with the other pilgrims, he drank Zamzam (sacred) water and went to the bathroom…when he got out of the bathroom, he heard the call for prayers,” the paper said.

“He could hardly believe what he heard…he rushed to his friends and told them what happened…they were shocked when they heard him talking.”

The paper quoted the head of the Somali-British Haj (pilgrimage) mission, Abdul Samad Mohammed, as saying he was stunned when he heard him speak.

“Shareef had been deaf mute for a long time…during our flight to Saudi Arabia, he was writing what he wanted from the cabin crew,” Mohammed said.

“At first we could not believe it….so we asked him to speak again and he did…we took him to the hospital here for examination and doctors said there is nothing wrong with him.”

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Yes I have heard about this masha'Allah.. I really believe in the power of du3a.. so how about some of you make some intense du3a for me please, yijazekoum Allah kol khyer beh insha'Allah..

:w:

Ansariyah
11-17-2010, 08:47 PM
MashaAllah!

Allahu Akbar!

Danah
11-17-2010, 09:25 PM
SubhanAllah amazing! There is nothing impossible for Allah's power

Just reminded me of a story of an Egyptian guy 2 years ago who was blind for long years and while he was praying Qiyam at Ramadan it happened to be Laylat Al-Qadar (the night of power) when he made duaa...Then all of a sudden he got his vision back at that night! and non of the people in the village could believe it at first! SubhanAllah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
11-17-2010, 10:14 PM
That's a wonderful story.
I never tire to hear of God's miracles. :statisfie

S.Belle
11-17-2010, 10:36 PM
wow alhamdulillah

Innocent Soul
11-18-2010, 02:55 AM
Subhanallah

Allah always do good to the one who deals his difficulties with patience. :)

CosmicPathos
11-18-2010, 03:25 AM
wow ... i am in awe ... may Allah send some such miracles my way ... but id have to dive in zamzam water for that ....

~Raindrop~
11-18-2010, 04:04 AM
SubhanAllah. The Power of Dua is truly a spectacular thing, more so to those who witness it in this way...

Ramadhan
11-18-2010, 06:15 AM
Subhanallah.

I've got shivers reading the story. It reminds of my own umrah trip last year which was also filled with many mini miracles, and many many blessings after that. Alhamdulillah.

Abdul-Raouf
11-18-2010, 06:40 AM
Some happly tears after reading this.. ALHAMDULILLAH.
Im lucky that im a muslim and that i could realise HIS power and blessing.

Jazakallah khair for sharing the article.

Predator
11-20-2010, 08:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
That's a wonderful story.
I never tire to hear of God's miracles.
yep, God's miracles and not Jesus' miracles .

The Evidences that Christians use to prove that Jesus was divine is that he performed some mighty miracles. Such as healing the blind, curing the leper, and even raising the dead. They say how could such a normal man perform such activities if he was not divine?

Well for starters other prophets performed mighty miracles, an example would be Moses, he split the sea! Yet no one believes that Moses was God, rather the Christian believes that God blessed Moses with such a mighty miracle. We therefore ask Christians why the new set of standards when it comes to Jesus?

If anyone were to read the Gospels one would find that there is nothing about Jesus performing miracles, rather we get the complete opposite picture! Jesus' miracles serve as a proof that he is not God!

Christians often commit very big mistakes when they read the Gospels, they only read the part about the miracle, not the part that comes right before the miracle, and right after the miracle.

So since many Christians are ignorant of doing this, I shall do it for them, and we will read what Jesus did before he performed the miracle, and right after he did the miracle. Once doing this you will see that there is nothing divine about Jesus performing miracles, rather it is one of the biggest and best proofs that he is not God, but a prophet only.

With that said let us proceed to the evidence.

One interesting incident that occurs during a miracle of Jesus comes from The belowincident goes as follows:

Mark chapter 7:32:36.
And they bring unto him one that was deaf, and had an impediment in his speech; and they beseech him to put his hand upon him. And he took him aside from the multitude, and put his fingers into his ears, and he spit, and touched his tongue; And looking up to heaven, he sighed, and saith unto him, Ephphatha, that is, Be opened. And straightway his ears were opened, and the string of his tongue was loosed, and he spake plain.

So the people brought a deaf man to Jesus, the deaf man also had a speech problem which is common amongst deaf people. Jesus eventually heals the deaf man, and the man's speech gets fixed as well. Yet the most interesting part is what Jesus does right before he performs the miracle, I quote that part again alone:

And looking up to heaven, he sighed

So right before Jesus performs the miracle, he looks into the heavens and he sighs. Off course a Christian will leave this part out, all you will get from the Christian is the miracle part, not this important part that makes the matter clear.

So right before Jesus performs the miracle, he looks to the heavens, and invokes God. The witnesses at the place see Jesus as sighing, groaning, murmuring etc. Which is him basically invoking God for the miracle, and God grants the miracle and the man's deafness is healed, and so is his speech problem.

What does this all prove? It proves that Jesus invokes God for the miracle and that Jesus has no power on his own to do ANYTHING, rather it is God doing the real work, and God is just blessing his prophet Jesus to perform the miracle, just as he blessed the other prophets.

Muslim Woman
11-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Salaam

I have no doubt in Allah's power but when read in news , cant be sure if that's true or someone made it up to get attention , fame or money .

Anyway , let's pray that many more miracles will take place in believer's lives , Ameen.

Samiro
11-20-2010, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam

I have no doubt in Allah's power but when read in news , cant be sure if that's true or someone made it up to get attention , fame or money .

Anyway , let's pray that many more miracles will take place in believer's lives , Ameen.
I feel the same way. But it could be true. Subhanallah.

جوري
11-20-2010, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiro
I feel the same way. But it could be true. Subhanallah.

The first time I read it I doubted the credibility-- my mom showed it to me in a paper she was reading and I was like meh.. I don't know.. but then saw it in three different places thereafter and felt it had credibility-- miracles happen every day sob7an Allah..

:w:

Yanal
11-22-2010, 03:41 PM
:sl:

Subhan'Allaah,All Parise to be Allaah.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
11-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Subhaan`Allaah that was something really amazing, masha`Allaah.

Jazakallahu Khaayr for sharing!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!