/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Darwinists' ''Artificial Life'' Deception

acalltofaith
11-17-2010, 10:25 PM
A report emphasized in Darwinist publications of late has entered the mainstream agenda. One part of an artificially manufactured DNA molecule was transferred to the nucleus of another cell and this DNA was observed to function within the cell. This subject, carried under misleading captions such as “synthetic genome brings new life to bacterium” and “creation of a bacterial cell” (surely Allah is beyond that) in various Darwinist publications has been made the tool of Darwinist speculation. Certain publications such as the Financial Times have even claimed that evolutionists have realized their endless dreams regarding creating life out of nothing. The fact is that the research in question represents no reply to the question of how life began, which Darwinists can never answer. On the contrary, this study is significant proof of the complexity of the DNA in the cell.

Clarifications on the subject are as follows:
  • After artificially synthesizing one Mycoplasma genitalium (Mycoplasma mycoides) in the laboratory, the American scientist J. Craig Venter then installed it in the cell nucleus of another mycoplasma, and the cell continued functioning with this DNA.
  • The procedures carried out are no different to the techniques known as cloning.
  • A copy taken from the DNA of Mycoplasma mycoides, consisting of 1.08 million base sequences, was arranged under laboratory conditions and transferred into the cell of another living thing.
  • No new DNA was manufactured, no information that did not exist before was produced, and no artificial DNA sequence was manufactured from nothing in the laboratory. DNA already exists in the cell. The procedure carried out is nothing more than existing DNA with its extraordinary information being taken and re-arranged and transplanted into another cell.
  • The re-engineering in question was carried out under the control of conscious scientists aware of the extraordinary complexity of the information in DNA, in the most advanced laboratories and under controlled conditions, using an existing specimen that Allah had created from nothing, and experimenting for many years.
  • This cloning procedure performed on a single bacterium could only be performed as the result of longer than 10-year research costing $40 million, by a core team of 20 scientists, with thousands of others in the background.
  • This effort made by scientists in order for a single pre-existing specimen to be transferred by conscious individuals in a conscious environment revealed that not even one copy of the complex structure in question could be manufactured without an existing specimen, without conscious intervention and without technical equipment.
  • The development in question is an excellent one in the name of science. As genome research progresses, it will be possible to copy DNA from living cells and transplant these into other cells. By Allah’s leave, this research will be used in many beneficial ways, such as curing various diseases. But all these things are conscious intervention in existing structures. To portray these conscious and controlled experiments performed on already existing structures as evidence for evolution is not only deceptive, but also an indication of Darwinists’ despair. It is feeble speculation used by Darwinists unable to explain the beginning and complexity of life.
  • If Darwinists wish to prove their claims, then they must BE ABLE TO PRODUCE the components of life FROM NOTHING. After that, they have to explain how this might have come about as the result of blind chance, in an uncontrolled environment exceedingly dangerous to life, in the absence of any conscious intervention. The fact is that Darwinists are unable to produce EVEN A SINGLE PROTEIN under controlled conditions and as a result of conscious intervention. And it is impossible for them ever to do so.
  • By this research, Darwinist scientists have once again proved, by their own hand, the complexity of life and that not even the smallest component of life can come into being by chance.
  • It needs to be made clear that this result DOES NOT EQUATE TO LIFE. The living cell is a whole consisting of countless complex components, and only forms when all of these are present at the same time and place and combine to produce a complex organization. The transplanting of a single extraordinarily complex DNA is nothing more than replicating a very small part of an already existing system. Darwinists rejoicing at the existence of DNA obtained by copying are a far cry from accounting for the first living thing, in other words living cell, they imagine, and there are insuperable obstacles to their doing so.
  • Moreover, and most important of all, the research in question HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW LIFE BEGAN. The study does not eliminate the dead-end that Darwinists are in regarding the origin of life. This profound dead-end, that effectively demolishes Darwinism, is growing still worse and leading Darwinism to a state of total collapse.
  • Jim Collins, professor of biomedical engineering from the University of Boston, opposed the speculation about the cloning research in question in Nature magazine, saying:
“The work reported by Venter and his colleagues is an important advance in our ability to re-engineer organisms; it does not represent the making of new life from scratch.” [1]

Conclusion:
One feature of Darwinists is that they include their efforts to reproduce structures exhibiting the glory of Creation in the whole Darwinist furore, using all the Darwinist publications at their disposal and very large capital letters. Darwinist furore has recently begun being extensively used in this time when science has been shown to refute the theory of evolution. This means that Darwinists are in a terrible bottleneck.
For the theory of evolution, which tries to explain life in very simple terms, the building blocks of life must also be equally simple. So much so that everything about life must agree with these false and facile claims made by Darwinists who account for everything in terms of chance. Therefore, if the Darwinist claim were true, the imaginary first cell they maintain formed in muddy water should be nothing else than the water-filled balloon postulated by Darwin. But the truth is very different. Even just one of the proteins that make up life has an exceedingly complex structure. Darwinist scientists across the world have been striving for the same thing for 150 years, and have failed utterly: TO BE ABLE TO MANUFACTURE A SINGLE PROTEIN.
For that reason, depicting the cloning of DNA as evidence for evolution and the helpless writhing of Darwinists wishing to continue with their furore do not alter an important truth, and they deceive nobody. That important truth is the extraordinary complexity of life. The scale of the effort needed to understand one single part of that complex life or to obtain a copy of it makes that clear. The fact is that as these people try to understand a single DNA over tens of years in the laboratory, the glorious DNA molecules in each of the 100 trillion cells in their bodies keep on performing the tasks inspired in them in an extraordinary system and regularity. Because their Creator is Allah. Allah created them from nothing. Almighty Allah is the Lord of all things, the Creator of the earth and sky. Every single day, science will continue to provide new evidence that praises the glory of our Lord. Every new scientific discovery will continue to provide evidence of this majestic Creation. Almighty Allah says in one verse:
Yes, everything in the heavens and earth belongs to Allah. Yes, Allah’s promise is true but most of them do not know it. (Surah Yunus, 55)

[1]“Artificial life? Synthetic genes 'boot up' cell, Reuters,

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Great Post Jazaka Allah khyran and :welcome: aboard.. monumental first effort...

:w:

IAmZamzam
11-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Will you please stop calling people "Darwinists"? You make it sound like they worship him or something. And evolution has nothing to do with how life began anymore than mathematics has to do with where numbers originally came from. It's just about what has happened with life now that it does exist.

GuestFellow
11-17-2010, 10:54 PM
:sl:

This should be moved in the Health & Science section of the forum.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
11-17-2010, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
Will you please stop calling people "Darwinists"? You make it sound like they worship him or something. And evolution has nothing to do with how life began anymore than mathematics has to do with where numbers originally came from. It's just about what has happened with life now that it does exist.

When you take evolution back to a single celled organism you are dealing with the origins of life. Some Darwinists choose a starting point that is convenient so they can beg the question-- but there is no avoiding abiogenesis and panspermia when talking that brand of 'evolution' People use Darwinism for the specific reason that it relates to speciation. Since the modern day definition includes both micro and macro-evolution.

Everybody worships something.. it is inherent in our nature..

CosmicPathos
11-18-2010, 12:04 AM
yes, i think panspermia befits these "darwinists."

to the op, nice post.

جوري
11-18-2010, 12:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
yes, i think panspermia befits these "darwinists."

IAmZamzam
11-18-2010, 01:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by vale'slily
When you take evolution back to a single celled organism you are dealing with the origins of life. Some Darwinists choose a starting point that is convenient so they can beg the question-- but there is no avoiding abiogenesis and panspermia when talking that brand of 'evolution' People use Darwinism for the specific reason that it relates to speciation. Since the modern day definition includes both micro and macro-evolution.

Everybody worships something.. it is inherent in our nature..
Everybody worships something...So, what, do these folks worship Charles Darwin? Or shall I say his zombie, given how long the man's been dead? They're zombie Darwin worshipers?

You know, that might be a good name for a rock band.

What point are you trying to make by your statement, "Everybody worships something...it is inherent in our nature..." ? I would like to know.

جوري
11-18-2010, 01:55 AM
Everybody worships something...So, what, do these folks worship Charles Darwin? Or shall I say his zombie, given how long the man's been dead? They're zombie Darwin worshipers?

You know, that might be a good name for a rock band.

What point are you trying to make by your statement, "Everybody worships something...it is inherent in our nature..." ? I would like to know.
those were two separate statements hence the space in between. I have already elucidated prior why they are called 'Darwinists' specifically as it has to do with 200 year old theories that are rigid and haven't adapted to fit modern scientific trends.. Still along the lines that believe black men are an intermediary species between Ape and fully evolved white men.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...rs-394898.html

that sort of thing.. well you get the picture..

as to what those folks worship-- I don't know who 'those folks' you are referring to are? I am speaking collectively for man kind and have no interest on running a retrospective or a prospective study on either, I suspect most people can't recognize the object of their adoration-- the point is as plain as the statement. everyone transfers their instincts to some ideal they have established for themselves--

on a separate and entirely unrelated note-- I don't understand why the term 'Darwinists' bothers you so? I thought it very apropos to describe a specific subset of evolutionists .. has the term itself evolved to something politically incorrect that the original post has to be disqualified on that basis alone?

all the best

IAmZamzam
11-18-2010, 02:23 AM
I'm still not even 100% on what the word means anyway, except that the "Darwinists" themselves do find it silly and never call each other that. What "subset of evolutionists" are they?

If you would be so kind. Thanks.

IAmZamzam
11-18-2010, 02:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by vale'slily
I suspect most people can't recognize the object of their adoration-- the point is as plain as the statement. everyone transfers their instincts to some ideal they have established for themselves.
No, I'm afraid I don't quite grasp that either. "Transfers their instincts"??

جوري
11-18-2010, 02:29 AM

Well there is nothing I can do about that.. here is an article that might help:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ic-claims.html

when you are born with something instinctive and don't fulfill it you'll Chanel it--But that is a topic for another thread and another day!

all the best

CosmicPathos
11-18-2010, 02:43 AM
and these darwinists even had a "counter argument" to that. What was it? it was that "young men are idiots and hence of course they will believe in God." "Of course children will believe in God, you cant expect rational and critical thinking at that stage of life." "The fact that children by default believe in God actually proves that its stupid to believe in God as children are not so smart." LOOOL

tango92
11-18-2010, 07:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

lol there is something disturbing about this picture

Eric H
11-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Yahya;

It seems that some people think Darwin has taken away the need for God, this might appear to make Darwin more powerful than God. I can see a transfer of instincts.

A belated Eid Mubarik to you all,

Eric

Trumble
11-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Great Post Jazaka Allah khyran and :welcome: aboard.. monumental first effort...

Yup... monumental plagiarism of the first order :rollseyes I don't really have to tell you who wrote it, do I?

Also a monumental strawman also of course, typical Harun Yahya. There is no 'deception' as nobody (except that well known science journal the Financial Times, possibly) is actually making the claim he is attacking.

جوري
11-18-2010, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Yup... monumental plagiarism of the first order I don't really have to tell you who wrote it, do I?
I didn't claim he wrote it, I appreciated that his first post here was a monumental one.. which it is!
Also a monumental strawman also of course, typical Harun Yahya. There is no 'deception' as nobody (except that well known science journal the Financial Times, possibly) is actually making the claim he is attacking.
One claim requires one refutation.. however that is the mindset of many.. I'd like for once when a topic of this nature is raised for the actual science to be discussed not the characters involved!

all the best

GuestFellow
11-19-2010, 09:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
lol there is something disturbing about this picture
:sl:

Yes, it is very disturbing. It looks like aliens are going to invade Earth. O_O

IAmZamzam
11-20-2010, 10:23 PM
I still don't understand what a transfer of instincts is. Are you talking about the defense mechanism of intellectualization, wherein something from the id is transferred into the ego to release its burden (or something like that)?

جوري
11-20-2010, 11:09 PM
I still don't understand what a transfer of instincts is. Are you talking about the defense mechanism of intellectualization, wherein something from the id is transferred into the ego to release its burden (or something like that)?
transference and counter-transference aren't defense mechanisms!.. be that as it may since we are all born with the instinct (yes instinct) to worship and find a reason for our existence, those who don't channel that instinctive need to fulfill their spiritual needs, find another thing to worship on a subconscious level. The same way you find on a subconscious or at times conscious ways to fulfill your instincts that go unfulfilled.. for instance you are hungry and can't find food so you might do something substitutive to numb that drive or take care of it by some other means available.. the same with the instinct to find and worship our creator those who don't fulfill that basic need channel that instinct toward something else, they worship money, or themselves, or mountain climbing or work or women, or the beaches of Chile or whatever.. instead of fulfilling the spiritual need in them that will not be denied they simply find some other portal!

all the best

IAmZamzam
11-21-2010, 03:32 AM
All right, I guess I understand. But we are going off topic all the same. Unless this is all one big ad hominem. Artificial worship (assuming that it's the case to begin with) does not preclude accuracy.

جوري
11-21-2010, 03:39 AM
Unless this is all one big ad hominem
How so? that is a popular expedient for some around these woods..would love to discuss contents otherwise but the detour started pretty much with the second post.

all the best

IAmZamzam
11-21-2010, 04:10 AM
I think I explained myself quite sufficiently in the final sentence of my previous post, the one not quoted.

جوري
11-21-2010, 04:12 AM
I think I explained myself quite sufficiently in the final sentence of my previous post, the one not quoted.
I had no idea what that sentence meant actually or of its relevance!

all the best

IAmZamzam
11-21-2010, 04:13 AM
If someone is "transferring their instincts" then that still doesn't make their conclusion incorrect. Perhaps it would help if we could get a clear definition of exactly what constitutes "Darwinism".

جوري
11-21-2010, 04:17 AM
If someone is "transferring their instincts" then that still doesn't make their conclusion incorrect. Perhaps it would help if we could get a clear definition of exactly what constitutes "Darwinism".

I have already defined what 'Darwinism' is a few posts back, but I agree with your first statement above!

all the best

IAmZamzam
11-21-2010, 04:27 AM
You didn't exactly define anything, you just criticized it. Is a Darwinist anyone who believes that evolution is real? Makes it sound like thinking a particular scientific theory likely to be true somehow automatically brands you with some nonexistent religion.

جوري
11-21-2010, 04:42 AM
You didn't exactly define anything, you just criticized it. Is a Darwinist anyone who believes that evolution is real? Makes it sound like thinking a particular scientific theory likely to be true somehow automatically brands you with some nonexistent religion.

People use Darwinism for the specific reason that it relates to speciation. Since the modern day definition includes both micro and macro-evolution.
I didn't see you discussing the original post much either beyond expressing your dismay with the term 'Darwinist' We have had otherwise several 'evolution' threads where the particulars were discussed at length. You may use the search feature, the third from your anatomical right for a more expansive view if that is your desire or direct scientific queries in a systematic fashion as pertains to the original post, not the term Darwinist and certainly not my person.
From the looks of it with the welcome mat all out the OP doesn't himself seem interested in much beyond a one post wonder!

all the best

IAmZamzam
11-21-2010, 02:18 PM
I didn't see you discussing the original post much either beyond expressing your dismay with the term 'Darwinist'
I discussed the only thing that bore discussion, which was the OP's central premise of evolution somehow having to do with how life began. You can call it "unavoidable" if you wish (though to the extent that's true it's still seeing the matter selectively: all the sciences are interrelated), but that does not change the fact of the thing itself, which is like saying that the act of sculpting has anything to do with the question of where the substance we call clay originally came from.

جوري
11-21-2010, 04:13 PM
I discussed the only thing that bore discussion, which was the OP's central premise of evolution somehow having to do with how life began. You can call it "unavoidable" if you wish (though to the extent that's true it's still seeing the matter selectively: all the sciences are interrelated), but that does not change the fact of the thing itself, which is like saying that the act of sculpting has anything to do with the question of where the substance we call clay originally came from.

That is indeed an apropos example.. when you take up sculpting:
http://www.hinckleypottery.com/classes.htm

you'll need to learn all the basics before you sit at the wheel and mold your clay, the material for molding doesn't simply come from the store unless you are a professional amateur. Sciences are indeed interrelated-- there is no point starting so middle of the road to dodge all the familiar unanswerable questions..

all the best

IAmZamzam
11-21-2010, 04:38 PM
"Professional amateur"?

I'm sure there are classes out there which go into unnecessary detail about the scientific origins of clay. Officiousness is always one of the larger parts of academia. Pretense that there is more to something than there is. Probably there are a lot of people who insist that it's crucial to study up on the history of the guitar before learning to play one--but how many guitarists know anything about that? Besides, the very act of sculpting was the active part of my analogy. The thing itself and the thing's origin are two different subjects, and to say otherwise is to make the genetic fallacy.

What is there for me to dodge? The OP didn't say very much of anything at all about evolution itself despite that ostensibly being the subject and all I did was point that out. How very evasive of me. I am not the least bit interested in how life came about, how it became what it is now after it had come about, or whether the universe is six thousand or six billion years old--and I suspect that the only reason anyone is interested is a combination of needing an irrelevant scapegoat upon which to take out your anger about other things and simply believing anything is important which the media or zeitgeist says is. A sculpture is still a sculpture whether it is clay or ice, hand-made or carved, made in a day or made over the course of a lifetime. The signs of design in it are just as evident any which way.

جوري
11-21-2010, 04:46 PM
"Professional amateur"?
You like that? I should coin it..

The signs of design in it are just as evident any which way.
I concur.. and go so far to say, we really have no idea how that design came about:

مَا أَشْهَدتُّهُمْ خَلْقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَلَا خَلْقَ أَنفُسِهِمْ وَمَا كُنتُ مُتَّخِذَ الْمُضِلِّينَ عَضُدًا (18:51)
18:51 (Asad) I did not make them witnesses of the creation of the heavens and the earth, nor of the creation of their own selves; [56] and neither do I [have any need to] take as My helpers those [beings] that lead [men] astray. [57] -

perhaps in the beginning and the end we should enable everyone to post their own definition of 'evolution' and take it from there..

all the best

acalltofaith
11-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Abiogenesis
This is the theory that lifeless matter came together to form a living organism. Also known as the theory of Spontaneous Generation, this idea has persisted since the Middle Ages. (Also see Spontaneous generation.)
In Medieval times, it was widely accepted that maggots were generated from food scraps, clothe moths from wool and mice from wheat! Interesting experiments were devised to prove this belief. One 17th-century physicist by the name of J.B. Van Helmont thought that if he spread a few grains of wheat on a dirty cloth, mice would be generated. And when maggots appeared in rotting meat, they were regarded as proof that life could arise from lifeless matter.
Only later was it understood that maggots did not come about spontaneously, but from the nearly microscopic eggs that adult flies laid on the meat.
The theory of spontaneous generation was shown to be totally false by the famous 19th-century French scientist, Louis Pasteur, who summarized his findings in this triumphant sentence:
Never will the doctrine of spontaneous generation recover from the mortal blow struck by this simple experiment.
Today the theory of abiogenesis has been discarded in favor of the theory of biogenesis, which holds that life comes from only from life. (See: Biogenesis.) But some evolutionist circles that still defend the idea that life was formed long ago from some chance combination of lifeless matter. But they have been unable to prove their claims scientifically, and their attempts to do so have been inconclusive. (See Miller Experiment, theand Fox Experiment, the.)
1 Ozer Bulut, Davut Sagdic, Selim Korkmaz, Biyoloji Lise 3, (“Biology High School 3”) MEB Publishing, Istanbul, 2000, p. 182.
2 From Rene Vallery-Radot, The Life of Pasteur, 1920, Garden City, NY: Garden City Publishing Company, Inc., p.109.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!