/* */

PDA

View Full Version : anger towards other muslims

curveballapeal
11-19-2010, 05:57 AM
salamz

i joined here b/c i need some advice about a muslim that is on tv, like a lot! he comes on tvo(ontario version of pbs) and when i moved out of ontario i was spared his ludicrous rants, but now i get channels from ontario and he has said some pretty outrageous things:heated:

for instance, muslims who are angry with the jews over palestine are only angry b/c of their pride, and b/c they are uneducated. those were not his exact words but that is what i got from what he had said. citing the ex-prime minister of Malaysia, that he is an educated man, that he speaks several languages, and he admires him, but for the life of him can't understand why he would hate isreal and america. the man i am talking about was really baffled as to why an educated man could hate isreal and america.

he went to auswitz to remember the victims, and yet downplays the victims of the jews. he is also, in my oppinion, racist against arabs, my sister told me that when she spoke to him personally about seperation between men and women in prayer that he told her to spit in their face:hmm:

i have found myself getting angry with this man, not only is he not helping with the wave of anti-islam/muslims by inciting people with his own prejudice, but also b/c he is defaming islam; muslims and islam is wrong 100% of the time.

help! how do i get past this anger that i feel for him, and other who call themselves muslims while bashing it?:omg:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
11-19-2010, 06:11 AM
:sl:

First welcome to the forums.

Now about the anger. First of all Make Dua for the sabr to be able to thank that man for reminding you of a valuable lesson. that lesson being to always verify the truth of the words of any person. No matter how sincere or knowledgeable or popular any person is they can be in error when they give their opinion.

Second Thank Allaah(swt) for giving you the knowledge to seek advice whenever an issur bothers you.

Third simply remember that all humans are capable of error.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-19-2010, 09:05 AM
:sl:
Anger/emotion is good sometimes because that intense emotion you feel will alert and direct you towards how you should or shouldnt react to that particular thing. in this particular case, it may direct you to refute his claims and educate people. so take it as a blessing and utilize it.

you may just really hate him because you don't know how to deal with his hate...you haven't yet learnt. once you learn (it'll be a tough road, but it'll be worth it inshallah), then inshallah you will find that you wont get that angry and if you do get angry then its quickly extinguished by your knowledge on how to refute.

either stop listening to him or do something about his hate. listening to him may help your cause in how you ought to deal with his hate. when i hear something against Islam and Muslims that i don't like and want to refute it, i sit down and listen to/read, etc to the offensive material. even though it may make me angry i force myself to listen to it and derive whatever i can (and i mean every last detail i feel maybe relevant) from it of points and arguments so that i know what i need to base my refutation on. then when i have the arguments i feel are necessary to refute, i then think of a counter argument for each point and go research it. so if you are refuting, you need to know 1. what your opponents views are, etc and the way to know this is to listen to them, even though you may hate it. and 2. the counter arguments and teh evidence for that (which is through your research).

when refuting, though you will be pumped with anger/emotion, you cannot let this emotion get the better of you and/or your judgment (especially if you are talking face to face with that person). that is, your refutations cannot be based on your own bias otherwise (imo) this may take away from the point from an other wise good refutation. its not about you or how you feel, its about clarifying Islam to others. of course there will be your own bias involved, but channel that in a way which applies wisdom. if you get all emotion and let your (unhealthy) bias get in the way, it may really ruin the point you are trying to make.

i have seen this happen a few times where so-called refutations are written only for the article to be full of the authors emotions and what he/she thinks of the matter. and when i come across material like this, i can tell straight away what the (real) problem is and it isnt what is claimed to be said, but rather the authors personal views about that particular thing. refutations like that are really about what the author feels and barely anything of the real issue is addressed. often this type of material is made up of sweeping generalizations and matters which are blown out of proportion..and this really kills whatever is meant to be said. its not about how you feel about the matter, it about getting the matter across in a way which will lift and clear doubts...
so know how to get your refutation across in an affective matter, and it'll speak for itself. the use of emotion isn't generally needed...not only that, sometimes it may make the another look self-righteous, stuck up, etc and again it kills whatever potential the refutation had.

you can refute the particular persons claims by getting some kind of medium (blog, articles, etc) and using this to reach out to your audience to point out/clarify/clear up his claims. audience is very important, perhaps even more important then the medium you use to reach out to them. the reason being is becuase alot of people would have heard what he has said and so the more people who hear what you have to say in refutation, the better. spread your refutation among people where you know there is alot of people and even more so, people who actually listen to this person. basically "advertise" your reflation and spread it around the masses.

another way to shut him up could be to not spread his hate unless you are seeking advise on how to deal with it. even then only ask one or two reliable people who you know will also not spread it.

EDIT: if he is muslim, try advising him or getting someone on your behalf to.

aadil77
11-19-2010, 09:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by curveballapeal
salamz

i joined here b/c i need some advice about a muslim that is on tv, like a lot! he comes on tvo(ontario version of pbs) and when i moved out of ontario i was spared his ludicrous rants, but now i get channels from ontario and he has said some pretty outrageous things:heated:

for instance, muslims who are angry with the jews over palestine are only angry b/c of their pride, and b/c they are uneducated. those were not his exact words but that is what i got from what he had said. citing the ex-prime minister of Malaysia, that he is an educated man, that he speaks several languages, and he admires him, but for the life of him can't understand why he would hate isreal and america. the man i am talking about was really baffled as to why an educated man could hate isreal and america.

he went to auswitz to remember the victims, and yet downplays the victims of the jews. he is also, in my oppinion, racist against arabs, my sister told me that when she spoke to him personally about seperation between men and women in prayer that he told her to spit in their face:hmm:

i have found myself getting angry with this man, not only is he not helping with the wave of anti-islam/muslims by inciting people with his own prejudice, but also b/c he is defaming islam; muslims and islam is wrong 100% of the time.

help! how do i get past this anger that i feel for him, and other who call themselves muslims while bashing it?:omg:
You're right to be angry, especially if this nutcase is on tv spouting his crap to everyone, unfortunately you can't do much, just have patience and pray that Allah guides him

He must be one of the new breed of modernist bootlicker muslims, they'll do anything to get themselves more accepted by kuffar, they have no Al wala wal Bara

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!